There are 264 users in the forums

Prediction time: What do YOU believe will happen?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LetItRideMike:
BACKONTOP - Post yours, here's my prediction:

Week 1 - At AZ WIN 17-7
Week 2 - Seattle WIN 31-17
Week 3 - At Minn. WIN 24-17
Week 4 - St. Louis WIN 13-3
Week 5 - Atlanta LOSS 24-9
Week 7 - At Hou WIN 13-10
Week 8 - At Indy LOSS 34-13
Week 9 - Tenn LOSS 21-17
Week 10 - Chi WIN 18-17
Week 11 - At GB LOSS 38-10
Week 12 - Jax WIN 31-0
Week 13 - At Sea LOSS 24-23
Week 14 - AZ WIN 27-20
Week 15 - Detroit WIN 27-10
Week 16 - St. Louis WIN 31-9

For me, they win 6 or 7 games in the division. They definitely have to come out strong against AZ the first week, but they will be in WAY better shape than their opponents, methinks. Outside the division, well, Detroit and Jax are easy, Houston, Green Bay, Minnesota and the Bears are a win 3 out of 4 group, and then your toughies are TN, Indy and Atlanta, who should all be among the elite.

ride away
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
There is a uniqueness about football. With minor changes to your football team, the season could be changed in a drastic manner that will bring new highs or even lower lows. With this new season, I believe there are some things we as Zoners feel should happen for our team to become better, things we want to happen and things we dont want to occur. Do you guys have any predictions on what you believe may happen with our 2009 49ers?

My belief is that before the trade deadline comes, the 49ers will attempt to trade for an established quarterback whose probably a second stringer on another team, to put him on the field as our starter.

I'm sure this team is ready for success NOW, and will make a move put us in a better position to win more.

What do you guys believe in this season?

I believe in the running game!

Seriously, not sure we would pick up anything worth having at this late stage, and they will then have to learn our playbook etc.

Did you have any names in mind?
Yes
Originally posted by genus49:
I believe that you are on crack if you think they're going to trade for a backup in the middle of a season to use that guy as a starter in the same season.

I don't mean to throw out an insult here but did you really think before posting that or just trying to throw a dart at the wall and hope it sticks?

When our coaches see... and see some more that our quarterbacks cant throw a tight spiral; have no velocity in their throws; or make the smart decisions in crunch time to win us the game, either Damon Huard is going to be thrust in, my prediction wmay take place. (Davis has tight spirals but dont know if they want him in just yet. He's not ready yet.)

They cant even throw the football guys, c'mon. The coaches see this, because you and I do.
Originally posted by English:
There is a uniqueness about football. With minor changes to your football team, the season could be changed in a drastic manner that will bring new highs or even lower lows. With this new season, I believe there are some things we as Zoners feel should happen for our team to become better, things we want to happen and things we dont want to occur. Do you guys have any predictions on what you believe may happen with our 2009 49ers?

My belief is that before the trade deadline comes, the 49ers will attempt to trade for an established quarterback whose probably a second stringer on another team, to put him on the field as our starter.

I'm sure this team is ready for success NOW, and will make a move put us in a better position to win more.

Seriously, not sure we would pick up anything worth having at this late stage, and they will then have to learn our playbook etc.

Clemons from the Jets. Dont know how he'll adjust to the offense.
Dont get me wrong, I like Hill and Smith, but they're not good at all
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:02 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for bigmur49.
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by LetItRideMike:
BACKONTOP - Post yours, here's my prediction:

Week 1 - At AZ WIN 17-7
Week 2 - Seattle WIN 31-17
Week 3 - At Minn. WIN 24-17
Week 4 - St. Louis WIN 13-3
Week 5 - Atlanta LOSS 24-9
Week 7 - At Hou WIN 13-10
Week 8 - At Indy LOSS 34-13
Week 9 - Tenn LOSS 21-17
Week 10 - Chi WIN 18-17
Week 11 - At GB LOSS 38-10
Week 12 - Jax WIN 31-0
Week 13 - At Sea LOSS 24-23
Week 14 - AZ WIN 27-20
Week 16 - St. Louis WIN 31-9

For me, they win 6 or 7 games in the division. They definitely have to come out strong against AZ the first week, but they will be in WAY better shape than their opponents, methinks. Outside the division, well, Detroit and Jax are easy, Houston, Green Bay, Minnesota and the Bears are a win 3 out of 4 group, and then your toughies are TN, Indy and Atlanta, who should all be among the elite.

FAIL

Originally posted by English:

Clemons from the Jets. Dont know how he'll adjust to the offense.
Dont get me wrong, I like Hill and Smith, but they're not good at all

Football is not the type of game you can just slide in mid season and take over. Especially at QB. Especially when you're Clemons. Especially if the team is already doing bad enough to try this.

Maybe in hockey or baseball but not in football. I am 99% given up on Smith so my hope is Hill is good enough to manage us to the playoffs for a few years while either Davis is groomed (who knows?) or a new QB is drafted and groomed next year. Or Tom Brady opts out of his contract!!
I believe Coach Sing will not have to drop his pants this season.
Week 1 - At AZ WIN 21-17
Week 2 - Seattle LOSS 31-10
Week 3 - At Minn. LOSS 35-7
Week 4 - St. Louis WIN 28-3
Week 5 - Atlanta WIN 24-21 OT
Week 7 - At Hou WIN 17-10
Week 8 - At Indy LOSS 52-3
Week 9 - Tenn LOSS 31-9
Week 10 - Chi LOSS 24-10
Week 11 - At GB LOSS 41-13
Week 12 - Jax WIN 24-16
Week 13 - At Sea WIN 28-17
Week 14 - AZ WIN 17-3
Week 16 - St. Louis WIN 17-14

9-7, Win the West, end on 5 game winning streak so everyone gets their hopes up, then get blown out by 40+ in the Wildcard round!

Originally posted by wailers15:
sorry but our future QB is waiting for us in next yrs draft.

i sure hope not, i dont like any of those guys coming out they all are gonna be busts in my opinion
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by wailers15:
sorry but our future QB is waiting for us in next yrs draft.

i sure hope not, i dont like any of those guys coming out they all are gonna be busts in my opinion

True dat, I pray they don't draft a qb next year. I say we may go 7-9, maybe a slim 8-8. If we even do that good with our current qb. I'm just curious to really see when teams put 8 men in the box and take away hills short game. Then we will really see what he's made of. And honestly I don't want a qb change If hill does good or bad. I want him to play the full season to see what he got. If he finishes less than.500, this is his last chance. And I honestly think Alex will be better after sitting with the ame offense for a year, when healthy finally.

So make if break for hill.
After watching and rewatching both our preseason games a few times, I unfortunately have the exact same thoughts I had after the FA period and the draft.....

We have done nothing to improve the areas of greatest weakness on the team: RT, pass rush, QB and to a lesser extent, the safeties.

We improves our depth at already strong positions, and we will run the ball very well and no one will be able to run on us with much success.

However, we will struggle to convert on 3rd downs without a better QB and better pass protection and we will give up too many big plays and 3rd down conversions without a better pass rush.

As such, the preseason games, which looked ALOT like last year's games are exactly what we will see all season.

Low scoring, close games, where we settle for field goals, or punt on otherwise good drive that peter out, and where we let the other teams back into games because we don't score and we give up a few key big plays.

This will result in something around an 8-8 season (could go 6-10 or 10-6 at either extreme, a little luck either way will be the difference).

And at the end of the day, we will still be looking to find a starting QB, a stud pass rusher and a new RT in next year's off season.
  • MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
Anyone ever consider Troy Smith on the Ravens... they obviously have their QB in Flacco... maybe Troy might be a nice option next year.. i have no idea if he is available or whatever but just suggesting.. saw him in their preseason game last night and he looked pretty sharp..albeit agains 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Share 49ersWebzone