LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

Prediction time: What do YOU believe will happen?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There is a uniqueness about football. With minor changes to your football team, the season could be changed in a drastic manner that will bring new highs or even lower lows. With this new season, I believe there are some things we as Zoners feel should happen for our team to become better, things we want to happen and things we dont want to occur. Do you guys have any predictions on what you believe may happen with our 2009 49ers?

My belief is that before the trade deadline comes, the 49ers will attempt to trade for an established quarterback whose probably a second stringer on another team, to put him on the field as our starter.

I'm sure this team is ready for success NOW, and will make a move put us in a better position to win more.

What do you guys believe in this season?
  • Mex49
I think there is a whole WebZone filled with your answers. Have a look
I believe this thread should be locked
sorry but our future QB is waiting for us in next yrs draft.
I believe that you are on crack if you think they're going to trade for a backup in the middle of a season to use that guy as a starter in the same season.

I don't mean to throw out an insult here but did you really think before posting that or just trying to throw a dart at the wall and hope it sticks?
  • LetItRideMike
  • Info N/A
My belief is that the Niner fan base is WAY too hung up on the QB position. This teams O-Line, running backs, linebackers and special teams are the ones who will lead them to their 11-5 record this year. The QB's job is just to not screw it up.
Originally posted by LetItRideMike:
My belief is that the Niner fan base is WAY too hung up on the QB position. This teams O-Line, running backs, linebackers and special teams are the ones who will lead them to their 11-5 record this year. The QB's job is just to not screw it up.

I doubt we go 11-5. More realistically 8-8 or 9-7 if we get really lucky
Originally posted by wailers15:

i think that depends on where we pick. That is if you're saying we draft a QB in the first round.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
There is a uniqueness about football. With minor changes to your football team, the season could be changed in a drastic manner that will bring new highs or even lower lows. With this new season, I believe there are some things we as Zoners feel should happen for our team to become better, things we want to happen and things we dont want to occur. Do you guys have any predictions on what you believe may happen with our 2009 49ers?

My belief is that before the trade deadline comes, the 49ers will attempt to trade for an established quarterback whose probably a second stringer on another team, to put him on the field as our starter.

I'm sure this team is ready for success NOW, and will make a move put us in a better position to win more.

What do you guys believe in this season?

This will not happen cause we got 2 1st round picks!
[ Edited by 5xChamp on Aug 24, 2009 at 8:06 PM ]
Ideally either Hill or Smith steps it up enough to make the question of drafting a QB academic. We have Davis waiting in the wings, and if Smith continues to improve his skills, we might be able to spend the draft picks on Eric Berry and one of the many pass rushers coming out of college this nest draft.

• LetItRideMike
  • Info N/A
BACKONTOP - Post yours, here's my prediction:

Week 1 - At AZ WIN 17-7
Week 2 - Seattle WIN 31-17
Week 3 - At Minn. WIN 24-17
Week 4 - St. Louis WIN 13-3
Week 5 - Atlanta LOSS 24-9
Week 7 - At Hou WIN 13-10
Week 8 - At Indy LOSS 34-13
Week 9 - Tenn LOSS 21-17
Week 10 - Chi WIN 18-17
Week 11 - At GB LOSS 38-10
Week 12 - Jax WIN 31-0
Week 13 - At Sea LOSS 24-23
Week 14 - AZ WIN 27-20
Week 15 - Detroit WIN 27-10
Week 16 - St. Louis WIN 31-9

For me, they win 6 or 7 games in the division. They definitely have to come out strong against AZ the first week, but they will be in WAY better shape than their opponents, methinks. Outside the division, well, Detroit and Jax are easy, Houston, Green Bay, Minnesota and the Bears are a win 3 out of 4 group, and then your toughies are TN, Indy and Atlanta, who should all be among the elite.
Originally posted by wailers15:

I agree, but Hill is going to be a serviceable QB for the next couple of years while we groom our future QB.
[ Edited by fzrdave on Aug 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM ]
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

Week 1 - At AZ WIN 17-7
Week 9 - Tenn LOSS 21-17
Week 10 - Chi WIN 18-17
Week 12 - Jax WIN 31-0
Week 14 - AZ WIN 27-20

For me, they win 6 or 7 games in the division. They definitely have to come out strong against AZ the first week, but they will be in WAY better shape than their opponents, methinks. Outside the division, well, Detroit and Jax are easy, Houston, Green Bay, Minnesota and the Bears are a win 3 out of 4 group, and then your toughies are TN, Indy and Atlanta, who should all be among the elite.

FAIL

Week 1 - At AZ WIN 17-7
Week 9 - Tenn LOSS 21-17
Week 10 - Chi WIN 18-17
Week 12 - Jax WIN 31-0
Week 14 - AZ WIN 27-20

that's gonna be tough.
Share 49ersWebzone