Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many games do you give Hill before pulling him

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
He'll start the entire season. Your poll is biased.

There is only one SF QB to ever do that...Alex Smith

no actually Alex is the only QB to take every snap for an entire season

I think that is what I had said

Starting all season and taking every snap is two totally different things.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Sorry there aren't enough realistic choices to make one.

that being said Ginseng, there are just as many, if not more guys clinging to Hills nuts like crabs.

Yup..definitely...including Sing, Raye, and QB coach...

This a a BS poll, Hill will play all 16 unless he gets hurt. Hill is an adequate QB until we can find a top tier QB, Davis has shown signs he may be a quality Qb in the future, but I think the next great 9er qb is not yet on the roster, as for Smith he better like holding a clipboard, because the only way he keeps his job is by sitting on the bench!

If you can't root for the 9ers starting QB find another team!
  • Mex49
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Someone just put me out of my misery.

How can the poster create a poll with four options, the longest being that he lasts four games.

Searching for an intelligent thread. Desperately.

I love it when somebody tries to get smart and then they have to go back and edit.

If he is 3-1 or 4-0 I think it would safe to say that the conversation about pulling a winning QB would not come up so posting an option for games 5-16 would be unneccessary and a bit over kill.

if he is 2-2 and looks like s**t I think it is a valid question for a team facing a 7th loosing season.
if he is 1-3 or 0-4 I would think Sing makes the call

How is the boycott going
12. 9ers go 3-9 and smith comes in. finish the season 4-12 and draft a qb. Hill and smith gone. nate davis 2nd string and 9ers continue rebuilding for years. And yet another Offensive coordinator
  • Mex49
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

This a a BS poll, Hill will play all 16 unless he gets hurt. Hill is an adequate QB until we can find a top tier QB, Davis has shown signs he may be a quality Qb in the future, but I think the next great 9er qb is not yet on the roster, as for Smith he better like holding a clipboard, because the only way he keeps his job is by sitting on the bench!

Where did you read that I wasn't rooting for him? just to clarify things, my team is the 9ers and if one guy cant get it done then I am totally happy trying the next option regardless of the name of player.
Hill is going to be our QB for the next couple of years. Most likely we'll be drafting a QB next year and he'll have the luxury of standing on the sideline and developing properly while Hill gives us some fairly decent performances.

Where did you read that I wasn't rooting for him? just to clarify things, my team is the 9ers and if one guy cant get it done then I am totally happy trying the next option regardless of the name of player.

Mex this thread you made makes it seem like you're not rooting for Hill. I mean you're giving him 4 games? C'mon you should know that when you posted this poll that you were going to get blasted for it.
  • Mex49

Mex this thread you made makes it seem like you're not rooting for Hill. I mean you're giving him 4 games? C'mon you should know that when you posted this poll that you were going to get blasted for it.

Dude, everybody hated on Nolan for not pulling the trigger fast enough on JTO, now we aren't supposed to talk about doing it to the next guy if he doesn't produce?
Why the double standard?

Dude, everybody hated on Nolan for not pulling the trigger fast enough on JTO, now we aren't supposed to talk about doing it to the next guy if he doesn't produce?
Why the double standard?

Because stating that you give him 4 games is somewhat retarded. I know Hill isn't the Man but I don't know what he has done to show you that 4 games into this year he will get benched. So, you give him 4 games with whom coming to back him up? Is this a way to get Smith into the game or something?? Terrible post

He must show consistent failure AND the loss of his team's respect ... I hope he can get it done it there! Go get 'em, Hill! Congrats...
Im not so sure Smith would replace Hill
I will root for whoever is under center, however, I find it hilarious that the Smith haters say you should support anyone starting but there was a whole lot of hating on Smith when he started...HMMM
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Im not so sure Smith would replace Hill

I agree. I am 100% convinced however that Smith should not be the teams #2. His contract now restructured should make it easier (If possible at all) to trade or less painful to cut. It was excellent that his contract was restructured.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Someone just put me out of my misery.

How can the poster create a poll with four options, the longest being that he lasts four games.

Searching for an intelligent thread. Desperately.

For real.
Share 49ersWebzone