LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Is Spurlock the the burner we have been waiting for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for B650.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by B650:
Once the season starts, I want Bruce, Crabtree and Morgan to be our top 3 WRs. I like Hill and Spurlock after that. The last WR spot to me should be between Battle and Ziegler. Seeing that Ziegler is much younger and that we already have Isaac Bruce, a veteran, I just really don't see the need for Battle anymore. Why is that so out-of-the-sky? You make it sound like an X-Files episode or something.

Since Battle is the third WR right now, you obviously do not see something that everyone in Western hemisphere sees. Go back and read the beat writers articles this past week on Battle. He's a very important part of this team.

Leaving Battle off the list definitely qualifies as an X-Files moment.

Maybe I'm just tired of 6-10 and 7-9 and I want people who are game-changers, like Boldin and Fitzgerald. I like Battle but I just don't see where he fits on THIS team. I know he's listed as the 3rd WR, but again, I think he's expendable. Of course, this is taking into consideration that Crabtree is under contract, which he isn't yet. If he remains unsigned, then yes, I think we have no choice but to keep Battle as our #3.
Once the season starts, I want Bruce, Crabtree and Morgan to be our top 3 WRs. I like Hill and Spurlock after that. The last WR spot to me should be between Battle and Ziegler. Seeing that Ziegler is much younger and that we already have Isaac Bruce, a veteran, I just really don't see the need for Battle anymore. Why is that so out-of-the-sky? You make it sound like an X-Files episode or something.

Since Battle is the third WR right now, you obviously do not see something that everyone in Western hemisphere sees. Go back and read the beat writers articles this past week on Battle. He's a very important part of this team.

Maybe I'm just tired of 6-10 and 7-9 and I want people who are game-changers, like Boldin and Fitzgerald. I like Battle but I just don't see where he fits on THIS team. I know he's listed as the 3rd WR, but again, I think he's expendable. Of course, this is taking into consideration that Crabtree is under contract, which he isn't yet. If he remains unsigned, then yes, I think we have no choice but to keep Battle as our #3.

He's a possession receiver. Not every WR is a gamebreaker.

Battle is useful on this team in his role. Spurlock and Ziegler are absolutely not better.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:

He's a possession receiver. Not every WR is a gamebreaker.

Battle is useful on this team in his role. Spurlock and Ziegler are absolutely not better.

Yeah, but Isaac Bruce is also a possession WR. I don't know. I just think it should be one or the other. Bruce or Battle, take a pick.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
What is with this board?

Nate Davis 1st string QB?

Spurlock as a starter?

Kory Sheets the second coming?

Come on.

We should change the name "Niner Talk" to "I just tried Something In Madden And It Worked So if the 49ers Should Do It"
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

NO... but Sheets may be.

+1
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by jmoore71:
Spurlock seems to have great speed and has had a great camp since being brought in. Do you think he can be one of our starting WR's?

Morgan
Bruce
Spurlock

Let me know what you think.

don't listen to these idiots! spurlock has a great chance of being the 4th or 5th guy at wide out! he has great speed and potential and is prolly our 2nd person at kick returns behind allen rossum. people are afraid of him stepping in cause he hasn't had his name called. i dunno why people are afraid of letting the kid play. he's even running the wildcat aka tazer in practice! ohhhh and btw zoners! he's prolly the fastest guy on our team. DON'T COUNT THIS GUY OUT ESPECIALLY CAUSE STUPID CRABTREE HASN'T SIGNED! ALL YOU GUYS HAVE CRABTREE PROJECTED TO BE A STARTER WHEN HE HASN'T PLAYED AND THIS GUY HAS... SO SHUT UP AND THIS THREAD IS VERY VALID!

woohoo a 4th or 5th WR? even without crabtree he has bruce, morgan, battle, and hill ahead of him. and he can come in as a backup KR. but he can run the wildcat, oh sweet lock him up for 6 years, 2 snaps a game will win us the super bowl.

ya. just like the same people on the webzone saying battle, hill or zeigler won't make the squad... cmon now! what has zeigler or even hill done so far? NADA!
Originally posted by crzy:
Spurlock won't even make the team let alone start.

Hey, either Spurlock or Battle have to make the team. Who else is gonna run the Taser?
Share 49ersWebzone