There are 146 users in the forums

Is Spurlock the the burner we have been waiting for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Spurlock will be lucky to make the team. Especially since Jason Hill decided to show up.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by B650:
Crabtree
Morgan
Hill
Jones
Spurlock
Ziegler

Uh, boy, here we go again. How is Battle not on this list?
Unreal. Just unreal.

I don't know. It might have something to do with being in his '30s and never being able to get any separation? He's like a JJ Stokes in disguise. Get rid of his ass and put some people on our roster that can make some plays. People who want Battle just like him because he's hard-nosed and he's a veteran. Well, too bad. This is a business. You don't produce, you get the axe.
Crabtree
Morgan
Hill
Jones
Spurlock
Ziegler

Unreal. Just unreal.

Webzone, where amazing happens..
Battle will make the team. Spurlock NO
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by jmoore71:
Spurlock seems to have great speed and has had a great camp since being brought in. Do you think he can be one of our starting WR's?

Morgan
Bruce
Spurlock

Let me know what you think.

don't listen to these idiots! spurlock has a great chance of being the 4th or 5th guy at wide out! he has great speed and potential and is prolly our 2nd person at kick returns behind allen rossum. people are afraid of him stepping in cause he hasn't had his name called. i dunno why people are afraid of letting the kid play. he's even running the wildcat aka tazer in practice! ohhhh and btw zoners! he's prolly the fastest guy on our team. DON'T COUNT THIS GUY OUT ESPECIALLY CAUSE STUPID CRABTREE HASN'T SIGNED! ALL YOU GUYS HAVE CRABTREE PROJECTED TO BE A STARTER WHEN HE HASN'T PLAYED AND THIS GUY HAS... SO SHUT UP AND THIS THREAD IS VERY VALID!

woohoo a 4th or 5th WR? even without crabtree he has bruce, morgan, battle, and hill ahead of him. and he can come in as a backup KR. but he can run the wildcat, oh sweet lock him up for 6 years, 2 snaps a game will win us the super bowl.
Crabtree
Morgan
Hill
Jones
Spurlock
Ziegler

Unreal. Just unreal.

I don't know. It might have something to do with being in his '30s and never being able to get any separation? He's like a JJ Stokes in disguise. Get rid of his ass and put some people on our roster that can make some plays. People who want Battle just like him because he's hard-nosed and he's a veteran. Well, too bad. This is a business. You don't produce, you get the axe.

Somehow I am lost on all the productivity that Zeigler, Spurlock and Hill have added to this team.

Dude, he's the number three receiver on the team right now, the first off the bench. You have him behind guys who don't touch the field until the second half.

You cannot make the list you presented, and be taken seriously by the board.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I want younger guys. That's just my opinion. I want them to step up and grow. If you have an older guy wasting a roster spot, it's harder for the young ones to see the field. This doesn't include Isaac Bruce who STILL has something to offer. The list was just trying to show where Spurlock belongs. I didn't put Bruce in there 'cuz I assumed he was a lock.
What is with this board?

Nate Davis 1st string QB?

Spurlock as a starter?

Kory Sheets the second coming?

Come on.
I want younger guys. That's just my opinion. I want them to step up and grow. If you have an older guy wasting a roster spot, it's harder for the young ones to see the field. This doesn't include Isaac Bruce who STILL has something to offer. The list was just trying to show where Spurlock belongs. I didn't put Bruce in there 'cuz I assumed he was a lock.

You don't keep guys on the roster, hoping they will step up and grow. You put guys on the field who can produce, and produce now.

Zeigler and Spurlock can develop and grow on the practice squad. That is why they have installed this in the NFL.

Spurlock may indeed make this roster. And Zeigler might make this roster. But, Battle WILL make this roster. That is not even debatable at this point.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Once the season starts, I want Bruce, Crabtree and Morgan to be our top 3 WRs. I like Hill and Spurlock after that. The last WR spot to me should be between Battle and Ziegler. Seeing that Ziegler is much younger and that we already have Isaac Bruce, a veteran, I just really don't see the need for Battle anymore. Why is that so out-of-the-sky? You make it sound like an X-Files episode or something.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by valrod33:
NO
Originally posted by Schulzy:
What is with this board?

Nate Davis 1st string QB?

Spurlock as a starter?

Kory Sheets the second coming?

Come on.

It happens every year. People get pumped about our guys beating up future CFL players late in exhibition games. They tend to automatically think that the talent level is the same as the All-Pro guys who strapped it on early in the game.

While these guys may make the roster, they are not ready to make a difference in the league right now. It is simply unfair on them.
  • B650
  • Veteran

You don't keep guys on the roster, hoping they will step up and grow. You put guys on the field who can produce, and produce now.

Zeigler and Spurlock can develop and grow on the practice squad. That is why they have installed this in the NFL.

Spurlock may indeed make this roster. And Zeigler might make this roster. But, Battle WILL make this roster. That is not even debatable at this point.

I'm pretty certain Battle will make the roster, but that list was just what I WANTED to see happen and what I personally think should happen.

BTW, I don't agree with the "you don't keep guys on the roster, hoping they will step up and grow." Actually, you do. Teams wait around for 3 or 4 years after drafting a QB. Look at us. We're still waiting on Manny Lawson and Vernon Davis. So what if you have someone that can produce, slightly, like Battle. Seriously, who cares? We haven't been to the playoffs in what, 6 years? Shouldn't we start thinking a little more out of the box? If you're always going to take production over potential, you might as well just pull a Mike Ditka and trade your entire draft every year for a guy in his '30s like T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Just IMO.
[ Edited by B650 on Aug 24, 2009 at 1:35 PM ]
Once the season starts, I want Bruce, Crabtree and Morgan to be our top 3 WRs. I like Hill and Spurlock after that. The last WR spot to me should be between Battle and Ziegler. Seeing that Ziegler is much younger and that we already have Isaac Bruce, a veteran, I just really don't see the need for Battle anymore. Why is that so out-of-the-sky? You make it sound like an X-Files episode or something.

Since Battle is the third WR right now, you obviously do not see something that everyone in Western hemisphere sees. Go back and read the beat writers articles this past week on Battle. He's a very important part of this team.

Leaving Battle off the list definitely qualifies as an X-Files moment.

I'm pretty certain Battle will make the roster, but that list was just what I WANTED to see happen and what I personally think should happen.

BTW, I don't agree with the "you don't keep guys on the roster, hoping they will step up and grow." Actually, you do. Teams wait around for 3 or 4 years after drafting a QB. Look at us. We're still waiting on Manny Lawson and Vernon Davis. So what if you have someone that can produce, slightly, like Battle. Seriously, who cares? We haven't been to the playoffs in what, 6 years? Shouldn't we start thinking a little more out of the box? If you're always going to take production over potential, you might as well just pull a Mike Ditka and trade your entire draft ever year for a guy in his '30s like T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Just IMO.

You do that with early round draftees, not free agent players.

Mike Ditka trading for TJ? X-Files alert!!
Share 49ersWebzone