LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I've changed my mind on the matter.

We should start Davis, since he is clearly the best preseason QB on our team.

But that is not going to be enough. We should bench Frank Gore for Glen Coffee. In fact, Sheets has also been better, so we should move Gore down to the third string. After Robinson's strong effort against the Raiders, maybe Gore should be fighting for a roster spot.

I've been very impressed with Marcus Hudson this preseason, and it is time we sit Nate Clements.

And, Jacob Bender was really outstanding at LT against the Cowboys, and Staley had some shaky moments. So, time to demote Staley for Bender.

And, that Miller kid. Who needs Norris? Time to dump him.

We need to make these changes, NOW.

I agree. Dump all the starters. They are not performing.......in the preseason. I think we will get our wish.....in the game against the Chargers. It is the last game in what?....................the preseason.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

But that is not going to be enough. We should bench Frank Gore for Glen Coffee. In fact, Sheets has also been better, so we should move Gore down to the third string. After Robinson's strong effort against the Raiders, maybe Gore should be fighting for a roster spot.

I've been very impressed with Marcus Hudson this preseason, and it is time we sit Nate Clements.

And, Jacob Bender was really outstanding at LT against the Cowboys, and Staley had some shaky moments. So, time to demote Staley for Bender.

I agree. Dump all the starters. They are not performing.......in the preseason. I think we will get our wish.....in the game against the Chargers. It is the last game in what?....................the preseason.

You mean these games don't count?

You mean these games don't count?

everywhere but here.

Since when was Hill an All-pro like some of the others you mentioned? Seems like you have elevated Hill to All-pro status and if he were, I don't think that people would be as excited about Davis. But, I and I am sure most of the others here are not surprised by your lack of enthusiasm of finally having the potential of a real QB on the team given that you were of the opinion that Davis could never be the franchise QB. What I am surprised over however, is that you would equate Hill to Gore, Clements or Staley. This I'm sure puts you into a very small minority.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Aug 31, 2009 at 20:55:21 ]
Originally posted by ttime1:

Since when was Hill and All-pro like some of the others you mentioned? Seems like you have elevated Hill to All-pro status and if he were, I don't think that people would be as excited about Davis. But, I and I am sure most of the others here are not surprised by your lack of enthusiasm of finally having the potential of a real QB on the team given that you were of the opinion that Davis could never be the franchise QB. What I am surprised over however, is that you would equate Hill to Gore, Clements or Staley. This I'm sure puts you into a very small minority.

LOL, he was being sarcastic. MadDog is one of the most intelligent football posters on here buddy =)

No, I think we'll be good if we just start Nate Davis. He for sure is better than Flacco, IMO of course. Thats OK. I just want you guys to admit to those on board with Nate that they were in fact right-IF, they are in fact right. Im sorry Im not on board with Hill anymorerrrr. I've just seen much better and he is on our team

[ Edited by SFL49ER on Aug 31, 2009 at 20:25:49 ]

Since when was Hill and All-pro like some of the others you mentioned? Seems like you have elevated Hill to All-pro status and if he were, I don't think that people would be as excited about Davis. But, I and I am sure most of the others here are not surprised by your lack of enthusiasm of finally having the potential of a real QB on the team given that you were of the opinion that Davis could never be the franchise QB. What I am surprised over however, is that you would equate Hill to Gore, Clements or Staley. This I'm sure puts you into a very small minority.
good point.
Originally posted by Native49erFan:

LOL, he was being sarcastic. MadDog is one of the most intelligent football posters on here buddy =)
He could be, but hes gonna miss one if he shuns at Davis' talent.

I think they get your point.
Our Oline can't hang against first stringers so Nate Davis will get his
shot in about, let's say, week 11.

S.Hill will get injured, and A.Smith will get ragdolled again and injure that exit strategy for a bust -shoulder.

Our Oline is wack.

Originally posted by Native49erFan:

Maybe, but his extreme arrogance cancels out any football knowledge and just makes him seem like a tool pretty much all the time.

And no, I wont take that down. If I get warned so be it. I'm just telling the truth.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

No, I think we'll be good if we just start Nate Davis. He for sure is better than Flacco, IMO of course. Thats OK. I just want you guys to admit to those on board with Nate that they were in fact right-IF, they are in fact right. Im sorry Im not on board with Hill anymorerrrr. I've just seen much better and he is on our team

Better than Flacco? OMG! On what do you base this "analysis"?

For the sake of argument, what if he starts against Arizona and gets flattened? (which would happen imo) What then? You gonna jump ship on him too?

I'm "on board" with Nate, provided he's given the time needed to develop properly, not before.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Give the kid the 1st qtr with the starters and lets see what he's got. It can't be that much worse than our starting QB battle.

For the sake of argument, what if he starts against Arizona and gets flattened? (which would happen imo) What then? You gonna jump ship on him too?

I'm "on board" with Nate, provided he's given the time needed to develop properly, not before.

The new guy has a point.
  • TheChosenOne
  • Info N/A

where in gods name did u come up wit that...? Has he been flattened in preseason...& some posters bring up a good point, this guy hasn't had reps like Alexa & Hill....And he's still out preforming both.... Im sure people will say..."well he's (Davis) is playing against 2nd 3rd stringers, come on people u can ge the vibe that he's the real deal....Just wait & see
Share 49ersWebzone