There are 191 users in the forums

Check Crabtree foot and... make him run a 40!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the 9ers are going to pay Michael Crabtree MILLIONS opf dollars, I think they are entitled to have him come in again one more time, have their doctors check his foot out and, YES, have him run a 40 yard time, to determine how fast (or slow) he really is.

If Crabtree wants top 5 draft slot money.... he needs to get the above question marks out of the way and the 9ers would be wise to find out.

What if Crabtree can't get off the line of scrimmage or go deep because he runs a J.J. Stokes 40 time.

Why is Crabtree the ONLY player even today, after being drafted, that has not offered to run a 40 yard time, even now, claiming that his foot is healthy?
Who gives a flying f**k what his 40 yard dash is? PLENTY of receivers run slower than a 4.45 and they've panned out pretty well in my estimation. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald are just two of those names. On the other hand, how many WR's that can run a sub 4.3 40 have panned out? Ummm.....Steve Smith.
No way.... this is my thread on Crabtree, it should be allowed to be discussed right here!
Terrible idea... We already drafted him so we will know his speed soon enough. If he doesn't end up signing with the team we don't want him to have a listed 40 time because not haveing one will hurt his value in next yeaars draft.
I don't know what it is about these rookies now a days, it's all about money and not about going out there and winning games. It's pretty sad that they put money first and winning a distant second. I never expected this from Crabtree and to be honest, it's quite insulting to the organization. He needs to see the up and coming team he's got around him and get his ass on the practice field!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigMar:
No way.... this is my thread on Crabtree, it should be allowed to be discussed right here!

So if everyone wants to have a thread on Crabtree they should ?
He's supposed to be healed now, so it's not an unfair request to make him run the 40 in my opinion.
I'd make him do it just because.

Originally posted by BigMar:

LOL
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Who gives a flying f**k what his 40 yard dash is? PLENTY of receivers run slower than a 4.45 and they've panned out pretty well in my estimation. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald are just two of those names. On the other hand, how many WR's that can run a sub 4.3 40 have panned out? Ummm.....Steve Smith.

My point is.... the 9ers are clearly and if they are smart, entitled to have Crabtree come in one last time and PROVE to them that his foot is 100% healthy and while they are at it, have Crabtree run that unknown 40 yard time, so they 9ers know.

Why does Crabtree's 40 time have to by a mystery to his own team?

Crabtree has boasted in the past he can run a 4:45 40.... lets discover if this guy can back that up, cause by all accounts other, than his own mouth, he runs slower.

Bottom Line: why is Crabtree's 40 yard time such a secret, the 9ers are entitled to know!
[ Edited by BigMar on Aug 21, 2009 at 9:53 AM ]
amazing crabtree thread

will read once an hour for the rest of my life
What happened Big Mar? Too many people get mad at you for your posts on the 49ers message board?
I dig this!!! From what I gather we cannot trade Crabs even if we wanted too. All we can do is cater to his demands or hold him inactive until next draft - where We cannot draft him ANYWAY. I say we at least request him to run the 40. If he says yes it gives us something to think about. If he says no that will break his case.

Dirty
Share 49ersWebzone