There are 169 users in the forums

Aaahh, I see what Sing is doing....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
i disagree. we signed Bly because Harris went down for the year. We let Strickland walk. We didn't draft a Corner OR Pass Rusher. AND, we move Reggie Smith from Corner to Safety.

Bly replaced Harris
Green replaced Strickland
And we still have an empty spot from Smith.

It's not rock science. This shouldnt be a suprise to anyone why we signed him. We needed more cornders, plain and simple.

Do these people shuck corn or something? I have never heard of a CORNder
I really feel that the pass rush will come with the introduction of the whole defense. We may not see all the schemes until the last pre-season game. With blitzes and stunts, we just may have a whole lot of pressure on the QB. Fumbles, INT's and more sacks should be coming. Just my thoughts.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Without passrush, coverage sucks.

without coverage, passrush sucks

please try again
Originally posted by Sinsation:
we signed Eric Green because he is a quality Cb. this guy was a starter a yr ago, and yes even tho he wasnt doing great in Miami, he WAS competing for the 2nd Cb spot. He is,at the very least, a nickel corner and will be an asset to have on the field. Who knows if spencer can play injury free and i'm not sold on brown or hudson. Quality depth is important too.

Eric Green is not a quality cb unless hes our 4th or 5th...
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
Originally posted by Sinsation:
we signed Eric Green because he is a quality Cb. this guy was a starter a yr ago, and yes even tho he wasnt doing great in Miami, he WAS competing for the 2nd Cb spot. He is,at the very least, a nickel corner and will be an asset to have on the field. Who knows if spencer can play injury free and i'm not sold on brown or hudson. Quality depth is important too.

I think he'd be better than Hudson
Originally posted by NCommand:

BTW: The sky fell over six years ago...we're just waiting for the sun to come back out

I definately understand the frustration, but with how close every team is in the NFL, and how the team came together at the end of the season... I would rather stick to positive theories about the passrush and be proven wrong then spend all summer and preseason being negative and be proven right

As the Dolphins and Falcons proved, it doesn't matter what happened last year.
Originally posted by Faithful1978:

Which is exactly why we signed him.. the GOOD NEWS is that he's from Virginia Tech which produces nothing but the highest quality individuals...
Originally posted by Giant9er:
I really feel that the pass rush will come with the introduction of the whole defense. We may not see all the schemes until the last pre-season game. With blitzes and stunts, we just may have a whole lot of pressure on the QB. Fumbles, INT's and more sacks should be coming. Just my thoughts.

I hope you're right, buddy. As for my original post, it is merely food for thought. I posted it to bring about thought and insight into a long existing problem. For our sake, and the team's, I truly hope and pray that both our pass rush and coverage greatly improves.
in the end of our d line prevents major rush yards from happening I will be pleased and happy with it. sacks are going to come from all over this year....
Absolutely priceless.

Originally posted by singfan:
Absolutely priceless.

I think it's too soon to get all spun up on our pass rush...we've played one preseason game. I also think Manusky won't want to show a lot of the blitz packages at this stage...Manny's 100% again, Haralson's our best p/r, and I still say Brooks will develop into a monster. It's true, both Manny and Brooks will have to show more presence in the opponent's backfield...I think both guys are capable of doing it. Another factor...Singletary's leaving J. Smith at RDE...whereas Nolan like to move him around. Just like Snyder's better at RT than playing the other three OL spots, Justin is arguably better staying at one position, RDE. Balmer's still developing...but, there's no reason to think he can't improve the push up front. Evans is a solid pro...Jean-Francois has a lot to learn, but looks to have the mettle to develop into a good DE. All of these pieces will contribute to the push/pass rush...let's not panic just yet, folks.
Share 49ersWebzone