LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

In depth look at the team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

P.S. I'll be hosting the first annual 49ers Webzone Spelling Bee soon. Some words for the board to work on (we'll start with the tough four letter words first): Sims, Baas. I told you they were tough! We will then increasingly move to MENSA level words: Heitmann, Zeigler.

I promise to not include former 49ers player: Babatunde Oshinowo. However, his roster replacement Chris Francies is fair game.

Awesome! Will it include Tony "Manderich?"

LINK!

You live by the sword, MD . . .

I submit these two words for the spelling bee.

"Unwarranted" & "hubris".
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

P.S. I'll be hosting the first annual 49ers Webzone Spelling Bee soon. Some words for the board to work on (we'll start with the tough four letter words first): Sims, Baas. I told you they were tough! We will then increasingly move to MENSA level words: Heitmann, Zeigler.

I promise to not include former 49ers player: Babatunde Oshinowo. However, his roster replacement Chris Francies is fair game.

LINK!

I submit these two words for the spelling bee.

"Unwarranted" & "hubris".

i had to look up what the hell that meant, and that is funny, i like it
Only the ding-dongs hate Heitmann (even though he was the best lineman on the team last year), so it not even worthy putting on your review. I'd edit that right out.

You might want to include some of the backups fighting for a spot on the team. How about:
1) Barry Sims- with one M. Possibly the most evil person to put on a Niners jersey since Derek Smith or Kwame Harris. Only a handful of terrible people think he will make the team, including MD. Yikes!! Run for the hills!!

2) Alex Boone- One of the greatest players in the modern NFL. Future starter and ten time Pro-Bowler.

3) Jacob Bender- Would be a much better player if he changed his name to Zeigler or Clayton or Lelie. Unfortunately, he stubbornly insists on keeping his current name.
Cheers.

LOL!! That is one of the funniest comments I have read in a long time.
[ Edited by jta854 on Aug 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM ]
  • ShajsComma
  • Info N/A

Excellent idea, MadDog! Is there any chance that we can dedicate a portion of the contest to grammar?
I wouldn't give up on Baas just yet...it's true, he's had quite a few injuries, but in Raye's offense, I think he can be a real force, particularly in the running game. If he can play well this season, he may be re-signed. If not, then management will have to look elsewhere. Wragge's fine as a relief guy...nobody really knows if he can start week in & week out. We really don't know what Wallace can do, either. Bender's another option...he's a pretty versatile OL. Fortunately, OG's an easier position to plug guys into than OT or C.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Only the ding-dongs hate Heitmann (even though he was the best lineman on the team last year), so it not even worthy putting on your review. I'd edit that right out.

You might want to include some of the backups fighting for a spot on the team. How about:
1) Barry Sims- with one M. Possibly the most evil person to put on a Niners jersey since Derek Smith or Kwame Harris. Only a handful of terrible people think he will make the team, including MD. Yikes!! Run for the hills!!

2) Alex Boone- One of the greatest players in the modern NFL. Future starter and ten time Pro-Bowler.

3) Jacob Bender- Would be a much better player if he changed his name to Zeigler or Clayton or Lelie. Unfortunately, he stubbornly insists on keeping his current name.

Cheers.

While you are working on the spelling, you might want to think about taking on the writing skills of our webzoners.

An example (from your post).

Your use of it is incorrect.

It is a pronoun. Pronouns replace nouns. The noun that a pronoun replaces is called an antecedent. Every pronoun must have an antecedent, and that antecedent must be clearly and immediately understandable.

In your sentence, the pronoun it, which is singular, does not have an antecedent.

If Heitman were the antecedent, the pronoun would be him.

Dingdongs can not be the antecedent. The word "dingdongs" is plural and therefore the proper antecedent would be they, not it.

Furthermore, the pronoun it is the subject of the clause. Every subject must have a verb. The verb that is missing is "be." Be should be either in the present tense (is) or the past tense (was).

As a teacher, and as the self-appointed webzone authority on writing, you really should do much better than this.

Your grade on your post can not be more than a solid D. The skills exhibited just do not match the attitude embedded in your post.

Back to class.

[ Edited by buck on Aug 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

LINK!

That's a WOO!! hit right there! hahaha Woooooooooooo!!!!

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Aug 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:

Cheers.

While you are working on the spelling, you might want to think about taking on the writing skills of our webzoners.

It is a pronoun. Pronouns replace nouns. The noun that a pronoun replaces is called an antecedent. Every pronoun must have an antecedent, and that antecedent must be clearly and immediately understandable.

In your sentence, the pronoun it, which is singular, does not have an antecedent.

Dingdongs can not be the antecedent. The word "dingdongs" is plural and therefore the proper antecedent would be they, not it.

Furthermore, the pronoun it is the subject of the clause. Every subject must have a verb. The verb that is missing is "be." Be should be either in the present tense (is) or the past tense (was).

As a teacher, and as the self-appointed webzone authority on writing, you really should do much better than this.

Your grade on your post can not be more than a solid D. The skills exhibited just do not match the attitude embedded in your post.

Back to class.

Cheers.

Back to class.

I love it!!

...Oh, am I allowed to have two of those little lines with dots under them, or just one?

Anyway, thanks. The reply really made my evening.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
disagree about baas..... he didn't bump his teams avg rushing yards up 20 yards in college for nothin. he didn't get the nations best center for nothin. and he was quoted as being equelly good at gaurd. baas is my man in there not wallace.

• fan49
  • Veteran
but i guess people make there opinion over 9 starts last season. and i would love to see how many sacks he allowed. ill look now
  • fan49
  • Veteran
G GS Pen Yds FS Holding Sacks Allwd
2005 SF 13 5 3 22 2 0 3.00
2006 SF 16 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
2007 SF 15 8 3 20 2 1 3.25
2008 SF 16 9 3 30 0 3 0.00
Totals 60 22 9 72 4 4 6.25

0 sacks allowed last season yeah hes terrible, should be replaced. especially on a team who allowed what 55 sacks? and i know its not just about sacks allowed, but not that bad. with my facts stated 2 posts up, hes fine. most athletes tear muscles. and hell be in by season. and i can't remember when heitmann came so he might be the senior lineman?

it was organized but after i press post it gets whacky!!!

http://stats.mercurynews.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7209&team=25

ps. i think wallace would have to do something amazing to take his spot! or baas would have to get injured during the season. with his stats and reason being drafted ( acknowledgements) he aint goin no where!
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

Cheers.

Back to class.

I had a really good laugh while reading this, then I made my wife read it. Well done.
  • fryet
  • Veteran

Cheers.

Back to class.

I think the "it" was referring to the controversy that he was expecting to occur. If it was referring to Heitmann than I think it would be "he" not "him". I do agree that a verb is missing.
Originally posted by fan49:
G GS Pen Yds FS Holding Sacks Allwd
2005 SF 13 5 3 22 2 0 3.00
2006 SF 16 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
2007 SF 15 8 3 20 2 1 3.25
2008 SF 16 9 3 30 0 3 0.00
Totals 60 22 9 72 4 4 6.25

0 sacks allowed last season yeah hes terrible, should be replaced. especially on a team who allowed what 55 sacks? and i know its not just about sacks allowed, but not that bad. with my facts stated 2 posts up, hes fine. most athletes tear muscles. and hell be in by season. and i can't remember when heitmann came so he might be the senior lineman?

it was organized but after i press post it gets whacky!!!

http://stats.mercurynews.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7209&team=25

ps. i think wallace would have to do something amazing to take his spot! or baas would have to get injured during the season. with his stats and reason being drafted ( acknowledgements) he aint goin no where!

Heitman is definitely the senior lineman--he's been here since '02 I believe. As for Baas, it may be true that he's allowed no sacks, but he's also caused 2 fumbles last year by running into our own players. Never a good thing. I'm not saying he's horrible, but his history of injuries make me think that he's not the answer, but I would not be opposed to him proving me wrong this year.
Share 49ersWebzone