There are 170 users in the forums

Is the Michael Robinson experiment officially over?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how is special teams overrated? not everyone can do it, despite what others might, and not everyone can be a superstar. you need depth and he can backup quarterbacks, halfbacks, and fullbacks, that's good value in one guy who also happens to be a captain with a reasonable number.

Every year the Zone underrates role players, not realizing the reason we have been so bad in recent years was because we lacked depth.
M-Rob is not going anywhere, especially with injuries to Keasey and Clayton, although I can't imagine either of them (IF they were healthy) making the roster in M-Rob's stead.
Michael Robinson: Showed his versatility with a solid showing at fullback and halfback. . . . Block on SS Tyvon Branch opened hole for Coffee on 18-yard run . . . Had another block on Branch to helped Coffee gain 35 yards around left end. . . . Ran with very good vision on one cutback that netted him 7 yards. . . . he gained 97 yards on 14 carries.
Press Dem
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Michael Robinson: Showed his versatility with a solid showing at fullback and halfback. . . . Block on SS Tyvon Branch opened hole for Coffee on 18-yard run . . . Had another block on Branch to helped Coffee gain 35 yards around left end. . . . Ran with very good vision on one cutback that netted him 7 yards. . . . he gained 97 yards on 14 carries.
Press Dem

now he finally shows us something as a runner
  • Mex49
Originally posted by teeohh:
Press Dem

It is amazing what happens when yor O-Line is doing their job. He stays. not so sure about Norris- where are you dude?
  • hopeforniners
  • Info N/A
i was thinking the same thing. its time for him to go.
There's a reason New England keeps Kevin Faulk around after all these years.
I was really impressed by MRob's running last night. His vision has really improved, and he showed more agility than he ever has before. hopefully that will quiet the baseless calls for the team to cut him...
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Press Dem

It is amazing what happens when your O-Line is going up against the Raiders run defense.

Fixed.
Mrob is an above average player. Sure we have Gore, and now Coffee, but Mrob is a veteran. He has good hands coming out of the backfield, he can pound it in on short yardage situations, like many of you already said, he is our back up fullback/special teams captain. I think he's earned his spot on the team year after year. Some of these rookies need to step their game up in order to take his spot.

I know some of you love Sheets, and I don't think he's that bad either, but you have to do more than just run the ball to make the team. We've seen Sheets run pretty well, but you have to be able to pick up blitzing linebackers, pass protect, catch, etc., and I don't think we've seen enough of Sheets to be able to tell if he can do all of those things.

There are so many unproven players on our roster that should go before MRob. IMO

He had a great game last night and he's always an outstanding special teamer, so yeah, his services are still valuable for the 9ers.
M-Rob is slow through the hole, but once he makes his first cut he's hard to bring down.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
He had a great game last night and he's always an outstanding special teamer, so yeah, his services are still valuable for the 9ers.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's needed. With Keasey out, we are down to Norris and a rookie FB who played LB last season.

Plus, special teams is never overrated.

He's not going anywhere.

I don't know Maddog if he is as needed as you say. True he is a good special teamer but he needs to add more value than that. He is not a true FB and the team would be better served to pickup a rookie FA fullback to take Keaseys spot rather than keep Robinson on the roster.

Wow, that's a pretty asinine statement.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's needed. With Keasey out, we are down to Norris and a rookie FB who played LB last season.

Plus, special teams is never overrated.

He's not going anywhere.

I don't know Maddog if he is as needed as you say. True he is a good special teamer but he needs to add more value than that. He is not a true FB and the team would be better served to pickup a rookie FA fullback to take Keaseys spot rather than keep Robinson on the roster.

yes, a rookie FB should improve that position
Share 49ersWebzone