LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

Defensive Analysis thread (Preseason Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Reggie Smith should be in competition with Goldson nuff said.

and Roman should have a niner uniform anymore.
RJF got double-teamed while he was in -- a good sign i think. maybe start him 2nd quarter next game?
Another player that i though did well was Marcus Hudson. The guy is a solid player and should be on the roster.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Another player that i though did well was Marcus Hudson. The guy is a solid player and should be on the roster.

WORD. I'm rooting for Hudson.

Plus he's a special teams ace. Another reason why he most likely will make the team.
Those 10-15 yard padding the corners were giving was driving me crazy all night.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No Willis or Haralson,so no way to tell how the D will look at full strength.Secondary played too far off in some spots but looked good overall.

Something to keep in mind
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I liked what I saw from Moore and Brooks.

Turnovers turnovers turnovers!

Pass rush still needs work, but I doubt we were showing everything.
Way too much cushion for the CB's
Roman doesn't need to be here....R Smith you have my vote
Pass rush needs major improvement
Run D needs to clog faster and get to the ball
McKillop needs work but looks the part
Hudson should be on the final 53
Did we play it safe today.....I think so
We played good but improvement can be made with the current personnel

WE NEED TO STOP GIVING AWAY 3RD DOWNS!!

Actually, I think Goldson at SS and Reggie at FS might be the best combo. Maybe not now, but in the future. Both guys are young and starting to look good. Lewis is still a real good SS, but he doesn't have too many years left.

thats not a nfl playoff team defense, thats not a team that looks like its adopted a singletary attitude, thats a team that looks like for year in and year out has ignored the basic precept of building a good defense in that it all begins with a good line...once again, the niners have no pash rush so far...

severly, severly dissapointed...that d looked more wuss then tuff, how do you hire singletary and get wuss...

nothing ever changes with this team anymore...defend it all you want, that aint no playoff team...
  • mod
  • Veteran
RIP word-daniels you had your shot lol... he just looked like he couldnt compete at that level.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Fincham11:
I really like Scott McKillop. I think our secondary will be pretty tough this year.

Yeah, it was great to see him come him and right away get two tackles.

I know this might not sound like a compliment, but he reminds me of a young Derek Smith. That guy didn't stay good, but early on, he made quick tackles on almost every run up the middle.

LMAO. I called him Derek Smith 2.0 when we drafted him...poor in coverage, attacks piles and generally looked slow to read and react and even slower getting there. I saw one good play by him though.
I am hoping we can get Eric Berry next year,then the secondary would be stout.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Actually, I think Goldson at SS and Reggie at FS might be the best combo. Maybe not now, but in the future. Both guys are young and starting to look good. Lewis is still a real good SS, but he doesn't have too many years left.

hell yeah Goldson had some sick hits
Share 49ersWebzone