LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The only reason why i'm watching this game is for Alex Smith.

I just want to see his continued growth as a 49er QB.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:22:59 ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Remember 2006. We couldn't get to the playoffs, but we certainly spoiled some chances for other teams. I am pumped up not because we have a chance at the playoffs, but because we have the division leading Cards coming to our house trying to stir up s**t. You know they are going to be cocky. They should as they have three games over us with the NFC West in their grasp.

Time to take them out, right now!

We still need to come out on national TV and demonstrate what we are really about, we still have an opportunity.

We have to show we can compete and beat the ones that beat Minny. We have to show that we are a team of the future and have a QB who can take us there. We have to show that we can bounce back from a horrible loss. We have to show we are good.

We have to show that we can win. Monday it begins again.

Are you and Michelle coming to the game, Tico?

It is up in the air right now... I will know by Friday though...

I sure hope that you guys can make it!
man, earlier in the year i thought this was going to be the game where we lock up our playoff spot.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA
yay
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Arizona is going to torch us through the air. We can't run the ball to keep them off the field. Keith Smith thought he had a long day on Sunday? Wait til he has to cover Breaston.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Conventional wisdom tells us we're going Jim Mora on our remaining season. But it ain't over yet.

But regardless, we should just win out the rest of the season & show growth as a team. NO MORE STUPID MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!! Learn from past ones. The 49ers need to play this game against the Cards like it is THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

-9fA
Originally posted by Method:

-9fA

Likely to be the best way of looking at this nearly meaningly game.

A Smith's progression this season is great news as "bust" label given to him by so many has been washed away (mostly) and leaves this team with one fewer glaring hole that needs addressing in the offseason.

Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Originally posted by Method:

-9fA

Likely to be the best way of looking at this nearly meaningly game.

A Smith's progression this season is great news as "bust" label given to him by so many has been washed away (mostly) and leaves this team with one fewer glaring hole that needs addressing in the offseason.

If we win out, we still have a slim shot at the playoffs. lol.

hoping for a cardinals loss to either of the rams/lions and packers! GO NINERS!!!
all i gotta say is R.I.P. sorry ass secondary
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Thde 49ers beating AZ convincingly would be a chance for them to regain some self-respect, and that from the rest of the league. They can do it, but my biggest concern is not having Nate Clements. He knows how to cover the AZ receivers, and I worry that Bly/Brown are not up to the task.

P.S. Spencer has been solid all year. Even with Clements playing, he may have been our best CB on the team.
Even if we beat the Cards winning the division is pretty much a pipe-dream. But the last thing this team should want to see is the Cards winning the Division at the Stick . . . f**k THAT! . . . not to mention they can earn a little smug satisfaction with a sweep.

If our boys come out flat Monday I'll begin to cast a wary eye at Singletary.
I just want Alex Smith to have a great performance, but with our luck we're gonna play s**tty because we're on national tv.
Share 49ersWebzone