LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
count on green bay running screens on our asses all day. The DL needs to get wise to the fact that if the OL gives you an all access pass at the QB, it could POSSIBLY be a set up. The LB's need to call that s**t out.

Dead on man. We have been doing that all year long. GB has been known for running great screens forever. They can light up the scoreboard... keys are to get pressure/sacks on Rodgers and stop those screens. We are doing a good job on the WRs but these backs are killing us in the passing game (both Hightower and Forte have had career days). I'm not worried about their run game as much. Obviously the offense has to play better period.

On defense they are 4th in the league in YPG, 8th in Pass, 9th in Run but 17th in points. This is one of those games I hope we can eat clock because their offense can score very quickly and easily. I like our chances better now than coming into the season because of their o-line.

Warner and Cutler can pass to the backs and TEs all they want. That shows me that we're doing a good job on covering the WRs. Plus with Willis and Lawson stalking the safety valve, they rarely break through for any big runs.

By the way, I haven't seen this mentioned, but I thought Lawson had an outstanding game against the Bears. Maybe his best game of the year.

-9fA
Sadly I wonder if some so called fans want Aaron Rodgers to have a HOF day just so they can spew more hate torwards Smith.
Sadly I wonder if some so called fans want Aaron Rodgers to have a HOF day just so they can spew more hate torwards Smith.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

LOL. Truth
The thing I noticed in the two Packers games I watched against the Vikes is that they are definitely capable of making a come back. So if we have a lead we cannot stay content with it and go to Marty ball mode and just run. We need to put the nail in the coffin and play to win!

Also, what hurt the Packers against the Bucs was their o-line. They allowed a sack on a very crucial drive in the last minutes so we need to get at Rodgers as much as possible.
Originally posted by teeohh:
The thing I noticed in the two Packers games I watched against the Vikes is that they are definitely capable of making a come back. So if we have a lead we cannot stay content with it and go to Marty ball mode and just run. We need to put the nail in the coffin and play to win!

Also, what hurt the Packers against the Bucs was their o-line. They allowed a sack on a very crucial drive in the last minutes so we need to get at Rodgers as much as possible.

But we're talking about Jimmy Raye here...
If our D doesn't sack Rodgers A LOT, it could well be a very long day. He's got one of the best receiving corps in the league. It's also true his OL's not that good, so we should have opportunities to get a lot of pressure...however, we'll have to make the most of them. Our secondary will have their hands full...but if our front guys can put serious pressure on, it'll make their jobs a lot easier.

On offense, it's important Gore gets 20-25 carries...the key to that is to avoid falling behind early. One of the goals in playing GB is keeping their offense on the sidelines. Also, Raye has to loosen the shackles on Alex and let him get the ball downfield.

IF we do those things, we can beat GB...but, if we don't, expect to see Rodgers go bombs away on us.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If our D doesn't sack Rodgers A LOT, it could well be a very long day. He's got one of the best receiving corps in the league. It's also true his OL's not that good, so we should have opportunities to get a lot of pressure...however, we'll have to make the most of them. Our secondary will have their hands full...but if our front guys can put serious pressure on, it'll make their jobs a lot easier.

On offense, it's important Gore gets 20-25 carries...the key to that is to avoid falling behind early. One of the goals in playing GB is keeping their offense on the sidelines. Also, Raye has to loosen the shackles on Alex and let him get the ball downfield.

IF we do those things, we can beat GB...but, if we don't, expect to see Rodgers go bombs away on us.

eeeeek the packers make a lot of turnovers on defense though! I hope Alex Smith doesn't pull a cutler lol
they have to hit rodgers often and balance out their offe,se. we can move the ball on anyone but they get away from whats working for some stupid reason. air it out and pound em with Gore. we will win this game
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

I see us winning this game, simply because the packers are turnover prone with that horrible o line, and if we can stop rodgers (ryan grant wont be a problem) then we will be good, we have to watch out for SCREENS!! Even i know when a damn screen is coming so come on Greg Manusky..its frustrating!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBCniner:
I see us winning this game, simply because the packers are turnover prone with that horrible o line, and if we can stop rodgers (ryan grant wont be a problem) then we will be good, we have to watch out for SCREENS!! Even i know when a damn screen is coming so come on Greg Manusky..its frustrating!

Sounds like you're talking about the 49ers.
Originally posted by Nabisko:
We should beat them why not. Lets just be happy its an away game. We play better on the road. Playing at home = us being lazy. Don't know why just seems to be the case.

Also, so far Alex has had better consistency in his first 2 road games than his first 2 home games (after his 2 year hiatus). -I'm seriously wondering if Smith buckled under 'homecoming' pressure against the Titans on those final possessions.

But Candlestick is just cursed (all around) during the regular season, but sacred ground during the post-season.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
If Josh Freeman can pass on them then Alex should too.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Here's all I need from the 49ers in for the packers game:

1)Continued Improvement of his mechanics & football mental. In the 4 games this season...He shown his arm strength, improved pocket presence, better decisions with the ball & improvisation when the play breaks down. However...he hasn't show these in a consistency that will curb doubt of his abilities as OUR QB. Alex just needs to continue work & grow.

2)Solid O-Line play - It's starts with the QB but it doesn't end there. The O-line has got to buy the QB 3-5 sec consistency for him to make a decision. Plus open up holes for Frank Gore. They do these things...offense as a whole will move chains.

3)Our young/rookie WRs...Josh Morgan & Michael Crabtree. Get more work in with Alex Smith. As much as I hold (Josh Morgan) responsible for Alex Smith's turnovers (as much as Alex) in that Titans game. I take a step back & look at why that happened....we have to remember that Josh Morgan timing has been worked out with Shaun Hill....stemming from 2008. So get our timing worked out - continue working. As for Crabtree....he's a rookie so mistakes will happen. Plus he wasn't a training camp at all & his work with Alex has shown promise

I look at Jason Hill...He & Alex have their timing down & it showed in that Titans' game. If Alex gets that chemistry Morgan & Crabtree as well....It would be beautiful

4)Jimmy Raye & play-calling....He & Sing envisioned a Smash-mouth, Power running team with Frank Gore....Our talent however doesn't fit that. He has to develop gameplans that will FULLY utilizes our players skills. I understand that Jimmy now has Alex Smith at QB & not Shaun Hill & that Jimmy is now only working with Smith for 4 games. Learning what Alex brings to are team. However going conservative & calling the same plays won't score points. If your trying to "protect" Alex then DON'T you do a disservice to Alex & us.

5)Plain & simple...No Missed tackles/assignments. Chris Johnson burned us for 2TDs. Pressure their QB...Yes Jay Cutler got picked off like a million times on Thursday...but he also got 300+ yards.

FINAL, ABOVE ALL ELSE....NO MORE MENTAL MISTAKES....

I know I posted this somewhere else...but I typed so much....
Share 49ersWebzone