LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Smith needs to really DOMINATE the Titans game. I wanna see Smith put up big numbers and destroy them early. Frankly, I think this is Smith's "coming out" game. The Colts was a freebie and most people expected a WORSE game than what we put up.

Smith has no excuse this game. 32nd ranked pass defense, etc etc. He needs to stamp his name all over the Titans. Even if he doesnt blow it up, I wanna see, 60% or better, 200 yards or more and 1 TD. NO INTS.

I agree with this fair expectation.

But I want to add, that I also expect the defense to score in this game, I don't know who will step up, but I can already see Vince Young getting totally owned by the defense.

Agreed. I hope Raye opens up the playbook EARLY. Why cant we be up 21-0 at the half???? We can. We have the guys to do it finally. Its like we DONT want to win.

Our coaches, as "smash mouth, punch them in the face" as they are...seem to lack a killer instinct. Just go out there and madden their a$$es up.

Everyone is all on about Raye and why cant he open it up and making sure Smith has a statistical big game. Noone mentions that our two starting Ts are out for 6 weeks or longer. the fact that taking away the three 60+ yard runs, we avg 2.7 yards per carry, the fact that our QBs have been dropped 22 times through 7 games. You guys are dreaming if you think well be opening it up like that. Coach sees that and he alluded as much in his presser.

If you guys are hoping to see a much more open passing attack you guys are going to be sorely sorely dissapointed...unless Snyder and Sims turn into pretty good tackles, Rachal finally wakes up and Baas can get his head out his ass. I dont have that confidence...do you?

I actually thought the O-line did a decent job pass blocking against the Colts. (decent for us anyway)

I was surprised we didn't see more hurry-up in the 2nd half. Worked pretty good in the 2 min drill before halftime.
And your reason for not having a more wide open passing game is legit. But having a sub-par O-line hurts the running game too, yet Raye hasn't stopped running up the gut for little to no gain. Most of us just want to try something different.

Running up the gut for little to no gain isnt nearly as costly as letting Rocky Bernard rip through and land on ur QBs shoulder. Thats my whole point. I dont think that Raye doesnt call the spread offense just because him and Coach dont like it. I think its because they have little to no confidence in our Oline to protect our guy back there.

People keep pointing to Rodgers and Big Ben but those guys have 4000 yard seasons under their belt. their confidence levels are high their rapport with their recievers is there. With Smith throw him in the spread. our rookie reciever messes up, our makeshift Oline misses blocks and next thing you know.."ALEX SMITH IS BUST #1!^@ AARGGGHH".

I'm not advocating that Smith should throw even more. What I'm saying is Raye should try running the ball from other formations. Try running to the outside, to get Gore out behind those big WRs we have. Try spreading out the D and THEN run the ball. Go to a hurry up offense like we saw before halftime. DO SOMETHING BESIDES THAT GOD AWFUL INSIDE RUN.
I'm so tired of seeing Gore get stuffed at the line in that 2 TE formation Raye uses to death. Or in the more traditional 2 back set, when Norris is on the field, it's a pretty safe bet that the ball is going up the middle. With the offense being so predictable, the O-line has ZERO chance of opening up running lanes.

The running game is killing this offense and our season. We can expect another LOSS if something doesn't change

A-fricken-men, I agree fully. We have to start mixing the run game up and play to our O-line's strengths. The running the ball up the gut all the time crap is not only predictible but IT DOES'NT WORK. Here's to the niners showing some versatility. PEACE FROM THE FAN
  • Austin49erFan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
This game will be the start of the Niners win streak to the playoffs!

Book it.

that's what I'm thinking.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

Fixed. We'll go 10 - 6
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Book it.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - L (could go either way)
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks L
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W
Go 49ers!
Originally posted by krizay:

Book it.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

so you are saying we finish 7-9??

Personally I think we beat the Bears, Seahawks, Cardinals, Lions and Rams. We lose to the Titans, Packers Jaguars and Eagles.

This would have us finish the season at 8-8 and finish #2 in the devision yet sweeping all devision opponents.
As I mentioned in the past, the Carolina win over AZ is frickin sooooo huge right now because it was an expected win that keeps us just one game back in a schedule that lends itself to weaker teams thank goodness.

The biggest games will be Bears, Packers, Cards and Eagles. We lose to any of the others, we don't belong in the playoffs. We have to beat the ones we are supposed to and beat the ones standing in our way. Out of those four, two are at home and wouldn't you know it, in prime time! We definitely have a chance to win those two.

It is the GB and Philly games especially Philly. However, we do rise to the occasion at times...it just has to be more consistent. We play error free ball, we can win it. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot, then we stay home again.

It really does seem we have a chance, but one thing at a time. We have to beat the Titans!
Originally posted by Conejo:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Conejo:
Rabbit Predictions:

Smith 250+yds, 2TD's
Crabtree: gets his 1st TD
Gore: 150 total yds, 1TD
Willis: 13 tackles, FF, INT

Nice. but where's the score prediction? 24-13 49ers maybe?

27-10, 9ers of course
RIP Vince Young
  • TitanicSpeed28
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by TitanicSpeed28:
Originally posted by maximill15:
I wish kerry Collins were still the Qb! I think Vince gives them a better chance to win! He seems to make plays and finds ways to win games!

finds ways to win?? If that were the case he would have never been benched. If I remember correctly Shaun Hill found ways to win as well

The guy is 20-11 as a starter...cant argue with that.

No the defense at the time was 20-11 while he was a starter. V. Young didn't win those games he just didn't screw things up and lose and allowed the defense to win them for him

We were 0-4 when he started his rookie season. We had a horrendous pass defense, and no offense at all. We finshed 8-8. We did make it to the playoffs the next year with a very tough D, and in spite of some of Vinces errors, but he still won games and made plays in the clutch. The fact is, he has never had weapons at all and has won consistently. Now he has some weapons, and one of them is the most explosive player in the game. Don't sleep on this team. 1-6 yes, capable of winning absolutely.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

Originally posted by krizay:

Book it.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

so you are saying we finish 7-9??

Personally I think we beat the Bears, Seahawks, Cardinals, Lions and Rams. We lose to the Titans, Packers Jaguars and Eagles.

This would have us finish the season at 8-8 and finish #2 in the devision yet sweeping all devision opponents.

we will beat the titans and jags for sure
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we'll get a better feeling as to if we make the playoffs after this game against the Titans. We come out and win, I predict we win the majority of our remaining games. We lose and it might be a 7-9 season.
  • TitanUp
  • Info N/A

Book it.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

and i think you crazy
I hope that both the offense & defense come out very aggressive in this game.
Originally posted by TitanUp:

Book it.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

and i think you crazy