LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Game goats:

Morgan - excessive celebration led to a quick Colts TD
Raye - no explanation required, although a draw play on 2nd and 20 probably isn't the best play to call.
Roman - always seems to get burnt for the long plays
Bruce - he too is toast

I know I'm missing some more....
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Glad to see everyone is in a agreement that Raye's play calling sucked.

The playcalling wasn't great, but people are forgetting we were working with a mediocre offensive line with no Pashos and staley.

I agree, more quick passes and screens to open up the run would have been great too. Blame goes like this for today's loss:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Gotta add in everybody who involved in the Post VD touchdown celebration that allowed Indy to score just before the half.

Yeah that was on morgan.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Game goats:

Morgan - excessive celebration led to a quick Colts TD
Raye - no explanation required, although a draw play on 2nd and 20 probably isn't the best play to call.
Roman - always seems to get burnt for the long plays
Bruce - he too is toast

I know I'm missing some more....

+ Jones fielding punt at the 6.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Eric Berry would have been great for today's game.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Updates on Joe?
Teams that win are the ones who make adjustments at the half. The Colts made the necessary adjustments at half time to stop our offense. Our coaches especially Raye has to do a better job of adjusting at the half.

Raye got in a play calling rut called some form of an inside hand off on first down 6 straight times I was having déjà vu all over again thinking I was seeing Hostler play calling. What made it more frustrating is that Crab and Bruce were beating the Colts rookie CB on the out passes consistently.
Originally posted by Esco:
Updates on Joe?

http://twitter.com/MattBarrows

Joe Staley to have an MRI on sprained knee tomorrow
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

The playcalling wasn't great, but people are forgetting we were working with a mediocre offensive line with no Pashos and staley.

I agree, more quick passes and screens to open up the run would have been great too. Blame goes like this for today's loss:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Snyder and Jones?

How about Crabtree? C'mon. He tipped the pass up that got picked off by Sanders in the 1st quarter, and fumbled the ball in the 2nd half. I'll have to go back and watch the tip... but I think it was catchable. Would have been a tough catch, but one he should make.

But I don't blame Crabtree really. He made some plays that helped us have chance to win.

I place the blame squarely on Raye.

Raye got too conservative with the lead in the 3rd quarter and abandoned what had been working... Alex Smith. One play in particular that really made me feel this way was the 2nd and long FB handoff in the 3rd quarter.

We played well. You can't put this on Raye. He didn't call a bad game. A few calls went their way like holding on Baas and Dallas Clark fumbling. That was a total fumble. Nobody touched him. Even though his knee was down Goldson hit the ball first and never made contact with the runner.

We just didn't make enough plays to win. We had them against the ropes and didn't knock them out. We shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times too. That delay of game call was huge on the last drive. HUGE
Great game, good effort by the players. This loss is all on the coaching staff. It's like as long as we're ahead, no matter by how much or who we're playing, they're happy. Why not call plays like they did in the 2nd half of last game or like the plays we ran at the end of the first half. Attack! Once the coaching staff learns that, we'll start dominating games.

Alex Smith gets from me.

I still hold the release of Rossum against the staff. Stupid move!!!!!

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Nov 1, 2009 at 14:31:18 ]
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Snyder and Jones?

How about Crabtree? C'mon. He tipped the pass up that got picked off by Sanders in the 1st quarter, and fumbled the ball in the 2nd half. I'll have to go back and watch the tip... but I think it was catchable. Would have been a tough catch, but one he should make.

But I don't blame Crabtree really. He made some plays that helped us have chance to win.

I place the blame squarely on Raye.

Raye got too conservative with the lead in the 3rd quarter and abandoned what had been working... Alex Smith. One play in particular that really made me feel this way was the 2nd and long FB handoff in the 3rd quarter.

We played well. You can't put this on Raye. He didn't call a bad game. A few calls went their way like holding on Baas and Dallas Clark fumbling. That was a total fumble. Nobody touched him. Even though his knee was down Goldson hit the ball first and never made contact with the runner.

We just didn't make enough plays to win. We had them against the ropes and didn't knock them out. We shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times too. That delay of game call was huge on the last drive. HUGE

What game were you watching???

His playcalling for most of the game was garbage.You can't blame this all on Raye but most of it - YES
With his bs vanilla playcalling he allowed Indy to hang around and it was inevitable they would take the lead and win the game.If he runs a spread offense like they did in the 2nd half of Houston,they win.

some post game press conference...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d813ddbc5/49ers-postgame-press-conference

This link shows more ...
http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/niners

[ Edited by HuntMike on Nov 1, 2009 at 15:07:43 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Great game, good effort by the players. This loss is all on the coaching staff. It's like as long as we're ahead, no matter by how much or who we're playing, they're happy. Why not call plays like they did in the 2nd half of last game or like the plays we ran at the end of the first half. Attack! Once the coaching staff learns that, we'll start dominating games.

Alex Smith gets from me.

Agree
Originally posted by tohara3:

Alex Smith gets from me.

Agree

Me too!
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Alex Smith gets from me.

Agree

Me too!

Me3
Originally posted by HuntMike:
Originally posted by Esco:
Updates on Joe?

http://twitter.com/MattBarrows

Joe Staley to have an MRI on sprained knee tomorrow

The feeling is that it's not a season-ender. We'll know more tomorrow after MRI.

matt m twitter
Share 49ersWebzone