LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by merm49:
Loss is on Raye. After a magnificent 2 minute drill, we returned to the i-form and idiotic playcalling for much of the 2nd half, particularly the 3rd quarter before the Colts got their TD. Consecutive runs and the FB dive on 2nd and long is just ridiculous. Smith played well, I thought, and gives the O so much more than Hill ever did.

Against arguably the best team in the league, we held our own. Smith looks like a different player from several years ago and has a bright future. Davis continues to perform--funny how we stopped going to him in the 2nd half, Raye--and Crabs continues to impress. Sure, he made a couple mistakes but his overall play more than makes up for it. Love how he goes up and makes the tough grabs. Also, Bruce needs to go. So many drops.

In short, would of had the win if not for BS playcalling. With Smith, though, we've got a chance at the playoffs still.

I don't care what smith looks like. f**king s**t we lost AGAIN.

this s**t is getting old real fast
Originally posted by merm49:
Loss is on Raye. After a magnificent 2 minute drill, we returned to the i-form and idiotic playcalling for much of the 2nd half, particularly the 3rd quarter before the Colts got their TD. Consecutive runs and the FB dive on 2nd and long is just ridiculous. Smith played well, I thought, and gives the O so much more than Hill ever did.

Against arguably the best team in the league, we held our own. Smith looks like a different player from several years ago and has a bright future. Davis continues to perform--funny how we stopped going to him in the 2nd half, Raye--and Crabs continues to impress. Sure, he made a couple mistakes but his overall play more than makes up for it. Love how he goes up and makes the tough grabs. Also, Bruce needs to go. So many drops.

In short, would of had the win if not for BS playcalling. With Smith, though, we've got a chance at the playoffs still.

YUP, on all of the above. I got faith in Smith! Raye...not so much! Open that sh$t up old man!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Glad to see everyone is in a agreement that Raye's play calling sucked.

The playcalling wasn't great, but people are forgetting we were working with a mediocre offensive line with no Pashos and staley.

I agree, more quick passes and screens to open up the run would have been great too. Blame goes like this for today's loss:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Snyder and Jones?

How about Crabtree? C'mon. He tipped the pass up that got picked off by Sanders in the 1st quarter, and fumbled the ball in the 2nd half. I'll have to go back and watch the tip... but I think it was catchable. Would have been a tough catch, but one he should make.

But I don't blame Crabtree really. He made some plays that helped us have chance to win.

I place the blame squarely on Raye.

Raye got too conservative with the lead in the 3rd quarter and abandoned what had been working... Alex Smith. One play in particular that really made me feel this way was the 2nd and long FB handoff in the 3rd quarter.
From MM twitter
"Niners CB Nate Clements has fractured shoulder blade."
Originally posted by HuntMike:
From MM twitter

Weak.
From MM twitter

You have got to be kidding......
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

The playcalling wasn't great, but people are forgetting we were working with a mediocre offensive line with no Pashos and staley.

I agree, more quick passes and screens to open up the run would have been great too. Blame goes like this for today's loss:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Snyder and Jones?

How about Crabtree? C'mon. He tipped the pass up that got picked off by Sanders in the 1st quarter, and fumbled the ball in the 2nd half. I'll have to go back and watch the tip... but I think it was catchable. Would have been a tough catch, but one he should make.

But I don't blame Crabtree really. He made some plays that helped us have chance to win.

Raye got too conservative with the lead in the 3rd quarter and abandoned what had been working... Alex Smith. One play in particular that really made me feel this way was the 2nd and long FB handoff in the 3rd quarter.

That was freaking retarded. Oh yeah, it's 2nd and 8, so lets call a play we know is only good for 1 yard and then put the QB in a 3rd and long situation.
Originally posted by Peanut49:
From MM twitter

You have got to be kidding......

YAY
Damn.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Celemens injury doesn't surprise me why would u have one of your best defensive players returning punts, have jones or hill do it.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Snyder and Jones?

That was freaking retarded. Oh yeah, it's 2nd and 8, so lets call a play we know is only good for 1 yard and then put the QB in a 3rd and long situation.

He puts too much pressure on the offense to be perfect on third downs. Stop doing the same things. You know how good you got to be to run an I formation and get yards? You need dominating linemen to get yards. We are not Florida playing against a division 2 school.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Snyder and Jones?

He puts too much pressure on the offense to be perfect on third downs. Stop doing the same things. You know how good you got to be to run an I formation and get yards? You need dominating linemen to get yards. We are not Florida playing against a division 2 school.

"But Frank Gore is our bell cow, and we need to milk him, and we need to run 60% of a time! You only pass when you really have no choice. The fullback hand off is the perfect example of smash mouth football"/Jimmy Raye
Why is Willie Brown on 49ers post-game? He doesn't know s**t about football, all of his comments are irrelevant.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Raye
Snyder
Brandon Jones

Snyder and Jones?

But that Crabtree tip pass for an INT, really didn't contribute for to the loss IMO. The Colts punted the ball on that possesion, so IMO it canceled that tip pass INT out. I'm looking more towards the big picture, play-calling and momentum. We had a good drive going till Snyder's bad block on Mathis halted it. And Brandon Jones' bad decision to field that deep punt also was a momentum killer.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Why is Willie Brown on 49ers post-game? He doesn't know s**t about football, all of his comments are irrelevant.

the white guy is annoying.
Share 49ersWebzone