LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by jayb49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Battle cost us the game

Maybe he did but that was a difficult catch. I am not sure many people would have been able to catch that punt with the sun right there.

hence.....let the poison punt go

exactly. There is no excuse for that.
Originally posted by kray28:
Battle cost us the game

Maybe he did but that was a difficult catch. I am not sure many people would have been able to catch that punt with the sun right there.

Battle didn't cost us the game any more than the defense's inability to stop their TE whom I have never heard of....or to tackle Steve Slaton, or to get to Matt Schaub, or the offense's inability in the first half to do anything and rack up more than one net yard in over three possessions.

That will not get it done.

You've never heard of owen daniels? One of the top tight ends in the league...
Alex Smith scored a 40 on his wonderlic, the dude is not dumb. When Jim Hostler is your QB coach though you're probably gonna struggle your rookie year and throw 11 interceptions. The dude will be solid the rest of his career.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by kray28:
Battle cost us the game

Battle didn't cost us the game any more than the defense's inability to stop their TE whom I have never heard of....or to tackle Steve Slaton, or to get to Matt Schaub, or the offense's inability in the first half to do anything and rack up more than one net yard in over three possessions.

That will not get it done.

You've never heard of owen daniels? One of the top tight ends in the league...

Yeah, Owen Daniels is a top flight TE, not sure why you've never heard of him.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
watchin shaun hill highlights hurt my eyes

No doubt...

We need some serious line and QB help on this team.

we got the QB help

Yeah but it's like switching from Vanilla bean to French Vanilla. One may be better than the other; but, both are not all that great...
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by kstolai:
And there's the Alex were use to...

Hey can't blame him fo that,

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Are you saying that didn't just happen? Get real dude...

Your willful ignorance and refusal to look at the big picture is amusing

Please help enlighten me... Whats the big picture?

3 TDs and comeback in second half > pick in last 30 secs on fourth and long.

You have been enlightened as to the big picture.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line

0-21 at half

Smith brings us back to give us a shot.

Big Picture is without putting alex in there we wouldnt of had a chance in the game.

In a game we ended up loosing cause Smith got a delay of game then threw a pick.

Point is we still lost.

Im not much of an Alex Smith fan but today he showed he can be a solid player.

3tds in 2 quarters of play and bringing a team down by 21 is something to pay attention to way more than a lousey delay of game penalty that not only involved smith but the coaching staff for not getting the play in and the personel for not being in the right spots.

Originally posted by niner_empire:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by B650:

Lets see... Delay of game then Alex overthrew which = a pick. So, yes I can blame him for that...

Wow. Just wow.

Why did Alex have to rally the team to begin with? Oh yeah, 'cuz your boy Hill sucks.

Dude, are you on drugs? Serious question. I'm worried about you. If not, invest in an MRI or something.

Be real, that play calling obviously changed once Smith took over, we actually saw Shotgun, 4-5 WR spread...no 2 yard curls and slants / screens, and the oline was doing a better job protecting Smith.

I'll give Smith credit though, he did what Hill could never do, some of those passes he made were beyond Hill, but if our play calling wouldn't have been so conservative against a s**tty Texans passing defense, it would've been a different game.

But, if it wasn't for that s**tty first half, we wouldn't have seen Alex Smith play like he played today.

In all, yes, it was Smith mistakes for that 5 yard delay, and the pick, he had the time in the pocket, he got rid of it to quick and overthrew his man, but you can't take away everything else he did prior to that, the guy played like a first round pick, finally.

and...... /thread

To thegore, There is a reason u didn't see the spread with Hill, There is a reason our playbook looked COMPLETELY different with Smith in their. Shaun Hill does not have the arm to run the routes/combinations to effectively run the spread. Smith should be the starter I have said it all along. Not only does he give u the arm to do anything, he was throwing to the right guys out there the whole time. To the people complaining about the last pick and the T.O being called, think about it please. If you call the timeout then even if u do convert the 4th down, the play will take 10 seconds at least. Leaving u 27 seconds, realistically u are 20 yds out of nedney's range a to get that in one play is at least 15 seconds but you will be throwing right into the teeth of the coverage as they will likely be playing an umbrella coverage. Effectively taking away your option of getting it in one play. 2 plays makes u use all of ur 27 seconds to line up spike etc bc the throws will have to be into the middle of the field on slow developing patterns dictated by coverage. If u take that timeout u can't use one to get ur kicker on the field to have a shot at even kicking it. It was the right call to take the penalty. Use logic clear the Alex hate from your brain, that was the best half of football we have seen in a long time.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Wow. Just wow.

Wow, that's very short sited... A Bigger picture would be wining games/championships/SBs. But lets all be happy for Alex's stat line

Wow man I can't believe the double standards some of you have. Unbelievable. When Hill sucks it's everyone elses fault. When Alex comes in after Hill sucks for 6 quarters, Smith does everything you ask for and we fall slightly short and it's all his bad now?

I could only imagine your reaction if the roles were reversed. I'll bet anything you'd be riding Hill.

I'll take that bet. I'm not a Hill or Smith homer like most of you on here. I can say with certainty that our QB spot needs serious help.

D Niner, me thinks you not so smart in the head. Its like a special ed. kid at a debate contest. You lose. Drop your argument.
206 yards and 3 td passes 1 int in 1 half

we can't win with that kind of play from the QB position guys, we need serious help

we lost because of the delay of game, we should have taken the timeout and then be left with none when we really need it and that int sealed it, I don't care about the muffed punt or the fact we didn't score in the first half, or how we allowed 3 tds in the first half, alex smith lost this game and we need an upgrade

gore averaged 2.8 yards a carry....god damn you alex smith

we couldn't stop the texans without AJ in the line up, wtf were you thinking alex?
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Wow. Just wow.

0-21 at half

Big Picture is without putting alex in there we wouldnt of had a chance in the game.

In a game we ended up loosing cause Smith got a delay of game then threw a pick.

Point is we still lost.

Come on D - even u aren't that dense. There was no hope with Hill at QB. It's the last play of the game - which was a delay because the seasoned, vet OC had been taking too long all game to get the plays in.

Is that why Hill has been having so many delay of games? Wait...

I agree, Hill had no chance to bring us back from 21 down and Smith was the right call to try and put up points quick. Smith has always had a problem overthrowing like he did on that last play; but; that's the risk we had to take. I stand by my comment; that last play was a flash of the Smith we've seen in the past.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
206 yards and 3 td passes 1 int in 1 half

we can't win with that kind of play from the QB position guys, we need serious help

we lost because of the delay of game, we should have taken the timeout and then be left with none when we really need it and that int sealed it, I don't care about the muffed punt or the fact we didn't score in the first half, or how we allowed 3 tds in the first half, alex smith lost this game and we need an upgrade

gore averaged 2.8 yards a carry....god damn you alex smith

we couldn't stop the texans without AJ in the line up, wtf were you thinking alex?

why can't you play safety alex? And pass rush? alex, you loser.

Wow. Just wow.

0-21 at half

Point is we still lost.

Come on D - even u aren't that dense. There was no hope with Hill at QB. It's the last play of the game - which was a delay because the seasoned, vet OC had been taking too long all game to get the plays in.

I agree, Hill had no chance to bring us back from 21 down and Smith was the right call to try and put up points quick. Smith has always had a problem overthrowing like he did on that last play; but; that's the risk we had to take. I stand by my comment; that last play was a flash of the Smith we've seen in the past.

And maybe all of the others are a flash of the Alex we will see in the future.

Wow. Just wow.

0-21 at half

Point is we still lost.

4 and 10 last chance for the niners to win.
What do you do?

A. Take a sack

B. Run and try to get the first

C. Give your reviever a chance to make a play

Hmmmm I'd go with C but thats just me
Alex made everything look easy. Those square in routes to Crabtree are something Hill can't hit on regular basis. Alex also spread the ball around. He also had some pocket presence.

If Singletary is gonna stay committed to the run, then we need a QB who can get the ball downfield on a regular basis. Hill isn't that guy.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Wow. Just wow.

The big picture is that with Smith at QB we actually didn't look like the last ranked offense in the NFL, and teams that are last in the NFL (29th actually) do not have a chance to make the playoffs. Why don't you clean the sand from your vag and just admit that the offense looked worlds better with Smith leading it?

Wow, and if you didn't take so many knocks to the brain while sucking on Alex, you would realize that I have already admitted Alex looked better... That last play looked like Alex of the past though.
Share 49ersWebzone