There are 237 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i don't have a good feeling about this game mostly because of our o-line
Originally posted by teeohh:

they fixed it , made a move on RT and RG , we should be fine !
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
I was listening to KNBR this morning and Murph & Mac interviewed the guy who calls the Texans games, and he pointed out that the Texans defense were pretty bad in the first 3 weeks, but have turned it around big time (specifically in rushing defense) in their last two games.

I also watched the Texans/Bengals game and a what I noticed about Texans offense is that they give Schaub a very nice pocket in pass-protection and he's able to make reeeally nice throws. And my goodness Andre Johnson is one dangerous player, he took a wr screen and took it about 60 yards, wow.

Defensively, this guy Brian Cushing is a playmaker and might be DROY candidate, he flies to the ball and has good instincts. Also...we already know Demeco Ryans is a baller.

This game is going to be tough for the Niners, Texans are a pretty solid team.

I agree. Houston has a new DC and more agressive play calling. They were thinking a lot the first few weeks but seem to have settled in and are playing much better now. Cushing has improved every week. I actually wouldn't be suprised if we get blown out here.

However, they have been shuffling Oline as well, LT Pitts is out for the year. I beleive the only chance we have is to force 3 TOs, Schaub is prone if you pressure him. We can't keep pace with them score for score.
[ Edited by TX9R on Oct 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:

they fixed it , made a move on RT and RG , we should be fine !

we'll see if it's a fix

I voted for texans in the webzone pick'em I hope I'm wrong!
[ Edited by maximill15 on Oct 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM ]
i got a feeling we're gonna get spanked. Then again, I think that before every game. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
Texans are giving up 125 yards on the ground...

Thomas Jones - 107 yards
Chris Johnson - 197 yards
Maurice Jones-Drew - 119 yards

Hopefully Gore gets healthy REAL quickly.
wow...this is insanity.

Adrian Wilson got owned.
wow...this is insanity.

Adrian Wilson got owned.

Obviously he is on steroids
wow...this is insanity.

Adrian Wilson got owned.

all 3 got owned!!!!

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wow...this is insanity.

Adrian Wilson got owned.

all 3 got owned!!!!

Good god, if our linebackers couldn't stop Michael Turner this guy is gonna shred through us like a mack truck hitting a family of midgets.

But given as much criticism Nate Clements gets, we don't call him 'Nasty Nate' for nothing, he has the physicality to take Johnson down on a one-on-one situation after the catch (Nate broke Witten's ribs).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 21, 2009 at 11:41 AM ]
Are we gonna trade Crabtree for Johnson and Gore for Sheets?
No it does not translate into a win. The fact that they breach over 125 will help us manage our drives. Its nothing to sniff at GM, thats huge for this offense.

I agree that it wont matter if they walk up and down the field on us. We have a great defense. One game doesn't erase the previous games where we played top tier. As fans we have to draw the line between a defeat and a beat down. We got beat down against Atlanta. Vikings were a defeat.

IF we can get turnovers, we will win. We have had an interception in every game so far this year. With OVERLOAD blitzing we can beat this team.

I give them credit as a team thats playing well. But before Atlanta these forums were boasting about our defense...
We had a bye (enought time to rest and prepare), we've got Gore back, we've got Crabtree, we've made changes to our OLINE(?). In short, if we don't win against an avg team like the Texans, it might signal a downhill trend.
Originally posted by maximill15:

I voted for texans in the webzone pick'em I hope I'm wrong!

Me Too !
Share 49ersWebzone