There are 147 users in the forums

Adam Snyder over Marvel Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Marvel Smith can stay healthy we have a solid RT. Again that is a big bolded underlined IF
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Meh. Let's not overreact one way or another.

Oh wait - this is Niner Talk.

Never mind. Carry on.

Ditto.

Non-noobs may remember when the Niners won a Super Bowl with pairs of guards and tackles playing alternate quarters. Using Snyder/Smith this way would be a win-win.
One thing that is overlooked about this line is the fact that after George Warhop was shown the door and Chris Foerster was incharge it really started to improve. It was no accident that Warhop was let go when Sing took over. This line under Foerster will be much better. I also like Sing logic as the better player starts, as opposed to Nolans Vets and dollars.
Im sure they will start the guy that deserves the spot. Sing wants winners not losers. LOL
Adam Snyder can play ball.. give him the starting nod
Whoever starts may be so-so. Snyder might actually play up to his potential if he can concentrate on one spot all year. Whereas Smith when healthy has been a pro bowl player. Either way, whoever starts, we will have a good back-up who can step in on either side although I don't see staley ever getting injured.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Whoever starts may be so-so. Snyder might actually play up to his potential if he can concentrate on one spot all year. Whereas Smith when healthy has been a pro bowl player. Either way, whoever starts, we will have a good back-up who can step in on either side although I don't see staley ever getting injured.

M. Smith >>>>>>>>B. Sims. Either way we get a better back-up
What's the rush to start Smith anyway? Start Snyder who is pretty solid at tackle and if he begins to stink it up or gets injured plug in Smith. This way we give Smith more time to heal and because he's a veteran he should be able to come in like a champ after getting extra time to learn the system. This is a big win for us.
I think the only year (besides this one) where Snyder actually concentrated at one single position, was in his rookie year.

I've always liked Snyder, I think he did a great job at LT in place of Jennings.

The problem is, they always moved him around, from right to left, from left to right, then last year they threw him in at guard.

He finally has a chance to work through training camp at one position.

He is a very solid player, IMO. Good positioning, good size and strength. The only thing he lacks is the elite quickness of a player like Staley.

I am glad they are finally giving Snyder a chance to be a player rather than a filler.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Looks like we need another right tackle .

Man, that pic still creeps me out

Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think the only year (besides this one) where Snyder actually concentrated at one single position, was in his rookie year.

I've always liked Snyder, I think he did a great job at LT in place of Jennings.

The problem is, they always moved him around, from right to left, from left to right, then last year they threw him in at guard.

He is a very solid player, IMO. Good positioning, good size and strength. The only thing he lacks is the elite quickness of a player like Staley.

I am glad they are finally giving Snyder a chance to be a player rather than a filler.

Great post, although I think they think of Snyder as:
Wow! People are ragging on a guard who got thrown in at right tackle and cannot fathom that if he actuallyconcentrated on one position that he could master it when we have all out support for Alex Smith who has had a chance to master one position for five years and are excited when he has shown even an intermediate level? Snyder has earned this chance to stick at one spot.
Singletary:

On T Adam Snyder’s training camp:
“Adam Snyder is doing very well. I’m very pleasantly surprised with him. He is making great strides. He is doing a lot of the little things. We are going to leave him in that right tackle position and just let him blossom. What he is doing is basically what he told me he would do given the opportunity to sit there for a while.”

How great is it to have Singletary say he is pleasantly surprised with Snyder and to also have Marvel Smith.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 12, 2009 at 01:41:55 ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:

well said
  • nekst
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
Quote:
It appears that Adam Snyder has won the starting job at right tackle over Marvel Smith. "Adam Snyder is doing very well. I'm very pleasantly surprised with him," the head coach said. "We are going to leave him in that right-tackle position and just let him blossom."

The quote from Singletary doesn't say that Snyder has won the starting position. I read it to say that the coaches like the progression Snyder has shown and decided to stop moving him around and let him concentrate on one position. The first part is just conjecture from the writer.

I was just about to post a reply stating this.

Adam Snyder is not the starting RT at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he is eventually named the starter though since he's getting most of the first-team practice reps.

[ Edited by nekst on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:33:33 ]
Share 49ersWebzone