Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

not the point you at least try to get the first u dnt just give up and give them the win. we blew it that last drive with out playcalling plain and simple man.

And if Hills threw a pick you guys would be all over Raye regardless. Straight hatin!

no thats the play you make to win ask any winning head coach and they would have thrown for the first thats how u win close games. you can win if you dnt try to win.

A team that has a s**tty defense would throw it on 3rd down. Ask any GOOD coach in the league.
no a coach who want to win and be agressive would like the pats or colts or any other top notch team. you play to win like edwards said. you dont sit there and give them a chance you go for the kill when its there.

BS man. You don;t go for no f**king kill when you have a 4 point lead, with 1 minute left, with a defense that has pitched a shutout the entire second half. You protect the ball and put the defense back on the field when they have playing that well for the prior 29 minutes, ESPECIALLY with a 4 point lead. (the other team needing a TD to win).

If you think giving Brett Favre the ball on the 20 with over a minute and playing prevent is the answer.....then i guess you just got proven wrong.

Your out to lunch on this one pal. I will explain why: If you think the offense can all of a sudden, convert a third down after having failed to convert what 90% of the opportunities prior, your out to lunch. Would you not agree that it is reasonable to expect an offense that has only converted 5% of it's first down opportunities to essentially have about a 5% chance of making it? So you would have a bout a 5% chance, in a passing situation, backed up in their terroority, against a team that has been harassing the s**t of your QB all day, agaisnt a team that is desperate to get their hands on that ball, make a big ass turnover, at all costs?

RAYE IS YOU....I DID NOT KNOW U HAVE ACCES TO THE NET
U BETTER GET A PLAYBOOK......

its like givin the ball back to manning or brady with 1 40 left you go for the win dude not the f**king conservative play man. thats not what championship teams do you dont sit there and hope for the best you go out there and win it yourself when the oppurtinity presents itself. ask walsh or lombardi they would have gone for it man.

Aww, BS man...Walsh was a smart dude, he didn't do anything he didn't have to do. He didn't take unnecessary risks, he was the king of managing the game.

How you guys are figuring that laying it on the offense to produce something they haven't produced all game, while, at the same time...denying the defense the opportunity to produce something they have produced for the entire second half (not even allowing them to get in field goal range), up to and including stuffing their ass the prior set of downs they had the ball, is beyond me.

well Hill had the hot hand in the 4th why change , throw it on first or second if we did not convert on 4th bootleg play anything insted up the gut and give the ball back to the vickes ! you live by the soward you die by the soward samuri mike. If you have it in your head we are not as good you are going to act and paly call as if we are not as good !
any news on how gore is feeling??
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by redngoldnmyveins:
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

not the point you at least try to get the first u dnt just give up and give them the win. we blew it that last drive with out playcalling plain and simple man.

And if Hills threw a pick you guys would be all over Raye regardless. Straight hatin!

no thats the play you make to win ask any winning head coach and they would have thrown for the first thats how u win close games. you can win if you dnt try to win.

A team that has a s**tty defense would throw it on 3rd down. Ask any GOOD coach in the league.
no a coach who want to win and be agressive would like the pats or colts or any other top notch team. you play to win like edwards said. you dont sit there and give them a chance you go for the kill when its there.

BS man. You don;t go for no f**king kill when you have a 4 point lead, with 1 minute left, with a defense that has pitched a shutout the entire second half. You protect the ball and put the defense back on the field when they have playing that well for the prior 29 minutes, ESPECIALLY with a 4 point lead. (the other team needing a TD to win).

If you think giving Brett Favre the ball on the 20 with over a minute and playing prevent is the answer.....then i guess you just got proven wrong.

Your out to lunch on this one pal. I will explain why: If you think the offense can all of a sudden, convert a third down after having failed to convert what 90% of the opportunities prior, your out to lunch. Would you not agree that it is reasonable to expect an offense that has only converted 5% of it's first down opportunities to essentially have about a 5% chance of making it? So you would have a bout a 5% chance, in a passing situation, backed up in their terroority, against a team that has been harassing the s**t of your QB all day, agaisnt a team that is desperate to get their hands on that ball, make a big ass turnover, at all costs?

its like givin the ball back to manning or brady with 1 40 left you go for the win dude not the f**king conservative play man. thats not what championship teams do you dont sit there and hope for the best you go out there and win it yourself when the oppurtinity presents itself. ask walsh or lombardi they would have gone for it man.

Aww, BS man...Walsh was a smart dude, he didn't do anything he didn't have to do. He didn't take unnecessary risks, he was the king of managing the game.

How you guys are figuring that laying it on the offense to produce something they haven't produced all game, while, at the same time...denying the defense the opportunity to produce something they have produced for the entire second half (not even allowing them to get in field goal range), up to and including stuffing their ass the prior set of downs they had the ball, is beyond me.

well Hill had the hot hand in the 4th why change , throw it on first or second if we did not convert on 4th bootleg play anything insted up the gut and give the ball back to the vickes ! you live by the soward you die by the soward samuri mike. If you have it in your head we are not as good you are going to act and paly call as if we are not as good !
my point exactly man. he was 5/5 and a td and we go and take it out of his hands and run the stupid ball ad hand the ball to favre. here you go sir were giving you a chance

we need to grow a pair of balls.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

You don't throw the ball in that situation. WTF, you protect the ball, you protect the lead. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR DEFENSE HAS PLAYING SO WELL. If anything the situation only serves to prove how right Singletary is when he says "we have to be able to run the ball." That would be the main point to take from this situation.

And, I disagree with your assertion about Hill being the hot item in the 4th, it was the defense in the fourth, and the third as well. They couldn't produce a f**king 1st down if their life depended on it, through all 4 qtr's. THAT'S THE FACTS....the defense was outstanding in the third and fourth and the offense couldn't make a first down for s**t.

Now, I would argue with you, that what the offense and Hill did produce in the passing game was in large part a product of our dedication to the running game. To expect to have one without the other is just ludicrous as as opposing teams will simply skin the cat a different way and likely, shut our passing game down big time along the way.
Originally posted by Trajik1:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
miracle play by favre, plain and simple. I'm over it. lets move on.

oh yea, it was a great play by favre and the WR. But the fact is that we could have won th game if there was some acknowledgment of the run not working and the pass working on the final TD drive.

Oh well, at least it wasn't against AZ or STL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I am officially over it!!! All I care about is sweeping everyone that is in the NFC West!!!!

Also could use some help today from the Bears, Colts and thank you Green Bay.

You don't throw the ball in that situation. WTF, you protect the ball, you protect the lead. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR DEFENSE HAS PLAYING SO WELL. If anything the situation only serves to prove how right Singletary is when he says "we have to be able to run the ball." That would be the main point to take from this situation.

And, I disagree with your assertion about Hill being the hot item in the 4th, it was the defense in the fourth, and the third as well. They couldn't produce a f**king 1st down if their life depended on it, through all 4 qtr's. THAT'S THE FACTS....the defense was outstanding in the third and fourth and the offense couldn't make a first down for s**t.

Now, I would argue with you, that what the offense and Hill did produce in the passing game was in large part a product of our dedication to the running game. To expect to have one without the other is just ludicrous as as opposing teams will simply skin the cat a different way and likely, shut our passing game down big time along the way.

yeah , we protected the lead alright , we lost buddy and we are going to lose as long as you play
As long as we beat up on the Rams next week we are 3-1(3-0 in division). I'm ready to take this & move on now.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Heard on KNBR that Favre has audibled into a running play EVERY time he sees a 7 man front.

I'm more worried about Percy Harvin than Adrian Peterson.

I think this game is going to mostly be a stalemate, with some big plays thrown in.

Will Gore break one?
Will Peterson break one?

Whichever team is able to make the most big plays will win.

I am most worried about a perfect, 60 yard TD throw from Favre that can't be defended. He is nothing like he used to be, but he can still throw the perfect long pass.

On the flip side, if we can get pressure on Favre, he will get rattled. In his younger days, he would actually play BETTER, the more pressure he faced. These days, pressure really gets him rattled.

heartbreaker.

Heard on KNBR that Favre has audibled into a running play EVERY time he sees a 7 man front.

I think this game is going to mostly be a stalemate, with some big plays thrown in.

Will Gore break one?
Will Peterson break one?

I am most worried about a perfect, 60 yard TD throw from Favre that can't be defended. He is nothing like he used to be, but he can still throw the perfect long pass.

On the flip side, if we can get pressure on Favre, he will get rattled. In his younger days, he would actually play BETTER, the more pressure he faced. These days, pressure really gets him rattled.

Off by 28 yards, but still. god damn.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Will Gore break one?
Will Peterson break one?

Off by 28 yards, but still. god damn.

Oh and it was defended, only thing it was by Mark Roman.
It wasn't meant to be today or it would have happened, we still have 13 games to go guys, we can't let one fluke play get us down.

Lets go 3-1 next week and rebound from this
I know that its just one game, and taht we played hard, and that we earned respect, and that the refs were on their side, and that he may have stepped out but.......

In the end all that muthaf**kin matters is that we lost. Thats it.
Originally posted by King49er:
It wasn't meant to be today or it would have happened, we still have 13 games to go guys, we can't let one fluke play get us down.

Lets go 3-1 next week and rebound from this

I'm still gonna be pissed till at least Wednesday.

Share 49ersWebzone