LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I'm nervous were gonna stubbornly run the ball right at their strength (Williams & Williams) and see a lot of three and outs, keeping the score low and trying to grind one out again might be pushing our luck, Hill is going to have to make a few plays with his arm this game, I wanna win this game so f**king bad

Lions totalled 129 rush yards (Kevin Smith 83) on the Vikes last Sunday....do you not think we can do better?...or are the "Williams & Williams" a teeeeeenie bit overrated?
Scouts inc is predicting a vikings win. 24-20

In matchups they gave us the edge in LBs and head coach everything else went to the vikings

here are few points from the article since i cant post the whole thing

1. How effective will the 49ers' eight-man front be? Look for the 49ers to stick with their eight-man front for the entire game as long as it is close. In Week 2, the Detroit defense did a nice job with the eight-man box versus Minnesota in the first half but got away from it once they fell behind. When Vikings QB Brett Favre sees the seven-man box, he'll call an automatic audible to the run. He did that against the Lions.

7. How effective will an injured Gore (ankle sprain) be, and how many touches will he get?: He needs to get at least 25 touches this week if the 49ers are going to pull this upset on the road. The 49ers might struggle to run the ball this week if the Vikings bring their usual stingy run defense to the table. Gore has a big advantage over the Vikings LBs in the passing game. Look for the 49ers to use him this week on little swing passes to get him one-on-one in space where he has a chance to make some big plays.

here is the link for any insiders
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=290927016
Shaun Hill and our offense will truely be put to the test.... Big time!

The Vikes have Big, Fast Physical "studs" throughout their defense.

Just to name a few:

*DE - Jared Allen
*DE - Ray Edwards
*DT - Pat Williams
*DT- Kevin Williams
*LB - Chad Greenway
*LB - E.J. Henderson
*LB - Ben Leber
*CB - Antoine Winfield

Our O-Line is going to discover just how good or just how average they are in Viking Land!
Originally posted by BigMar:

Just to name a few:

*DE - Jared Allen
*DE - Ray Edwards
*DT - Pat Williams
*DT- Kevin Williams
*LB - Chad Greenway
*LB - E.J. Henderson
*LB - Ben Leber
*CB - Antoine Winfield

Our O-Line is going to discover just how good or just how average they are in Viking Land!

i think its gonna be a good game

remember they have to face, just to name a few

Justin Smith
Ray Mcdonald
Patrick Willis
Parys Harlason
Takeo Spikes
Nate Clements
Shawntae Spencer
Dre Bly
I must agree that this will be a HUGE test for Coach Raye and the 49er offense. Best defense they have faced this year, and one of the best they will face all season. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned about our offensive production against the Vikings defense. Raye is going to have to game plan appropriately and then make the necessary adjustments at halftime when parts or all of his original game plan don't come through.

We won't be able to consistently run the ball against the Vikings front 7, so we are going to need to go to the air, where Minn is suseptible. Here's to a diverse and flexible offensive game plan for this week.
There dline definitely has the upper hand but I feel we match up a little bit better since our OGs are strong and won't get bull rushed. I do see kevin williams having more pressure because he is a finesse DT also.

Just to name a few:

*DE - Jared Allen
*DE - Ray Edwards
*DT - Pat Williams
*DT- Kevin Williams
*LB - Chad Greenway
*LB - E.J. Henderson
*LB - Ben Leber
*CB - Antoine Winfield

Two Words

Play-Action Pass
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Just to name a few:

*DE - Jared Allen
*DE - Ray Edwards
*DT - Pat Williams
*DT- Kevin Williams
*LB - Chad Greenway
*LB - E.J. Henderson
*LB - Ben Leber
*CB - Antoine Winfield

Two Words

Play-Action Pass

That's Three words
I'm really really hoping coach Raye changes up the game planning this week. Throwing Gore into that pile of meat in the middle of the Vikings D-Line 20 times in a row is not the way we're going to beat them. Hill, Bruce, Davis and the play action is how this game needs to be started, THEN run with Gore once they don't know what to expect.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Just to name a few:

*DE - Jared Allen
*DE - Ray Edwards
*DT - Pat Williams
*DT- Kevin Williams
*LB - Chad Greenway
*LB - E.J. Henderson
*LB - Ben Leber
*CB - Antoine Winfield

Justin Smith
Ray Mcdonald
Patrick Willis
Parys Harlason
Takeo Spikes
Nate Clements
Shawntae Spencer
Dre Bly

Michael Lewis will be KEY for our run defense. Hopefully he has shaken the cobwebs of that concussion and plays lights out. Rice, Berrian and Harvin don't scare me much, but they can make plays. I just believe that our secondary can hold up to the challenge and let Lewis cheat up a bit more to the LOS. I also hope Manusky comes up with some good blitzing schemes for this game. If we fluster Favre early, we may get lucky and get a couple picks.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Just to name a few:

*DE - Jared Allen
*DE - Ray Edwards
*DT - Pat Williams
*DT- Kevin Williams
*LB - Chad Greenway
*LB - E.J. Henderson
*LB - Ben Leber
*CB - Antoine Winfield

Justin Smith
Ray Mcdonald
Patrick Willis
Parys Harlason
Takeo Spikes
Nate Clements
Shawntae Spencer
Dre Bly

Hummm.... "our defense" lines up against "their defense"?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
But the Vikings have the same problem with us. Their offense is built on the run, and we stop the run very well. It will come down to who passes the ball more effectively. I think in the last 2 meetings, we beat the Vikings, and that included some really bad teams that we fielded. As a result, I think we have the edge in this game.
"60% of the time a run works every time"
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
"60% of the time a run works every time"

Everytime I see Jimmy Raye I think of that evil Darth Star Wars dude:
Don't see the resemblence? Must be the drooping features.

Originally posted by fryet:
But the Vikings have the same problem with us. Their offense is built on the run, and we stop the run very well. It will come down to who passes the ball more effectively. I think in the last 2 meetings, we beat the Vikings, and that included some really bad teams that we fielded. As a result, I think we have the edge in this game.

Here is another concerning factor....

The time difference, it's a 1 pm start in Vikes land.... but clock & body wise it's a 10 a.m. start in 9er land.

and.... the artifical turf, I hate that stuff.

This IS the game Shaun Hill is gonna have to PROVE he can hit our W.R.'s. The run is gonna be tough against the Vikes.
Share 49ersWebzone