LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just wanted to point out that Detroit ran for 130 yds against the Vikes so we can get yards against them. Detroit did a good job of running to the outsides and avoiding the Williams duo in the middle. I expect to see alot of swings, tosses, and pitches to the outside this week. Did anyone else notice how much faster Gore looks? Its not like he cant run to the outside.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I just wanted to point out that Detroit ran for 130 yds against the Vikes so we can get yards against them. Detroit did a good job of running to the outsides and avoiding the Williams duo in the middle. I expect to see alot of swings, tosses, and pitches to the outside this week. Did anyone else notice how much faster Gore looks? Its not like he cant run to the outside.

yeah we def need to run it away from the williams wall!!! Times like this I wish we had someone like sheets whos capable of bouncing it outside!
Anyone know if B Jones is expected play this week VS Vikes? Hoping he can return to starting line up giving us another threat offensively.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I have a good feeling Haralson is going to have a big game. Loadholt at right tackle is not that good in pass protection.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Just in case anyone from that forum is reading this:

49ers:

Vikings:

lol
Originally posted by Hopper:

49ers:

Vikings:

lol

Originally posted by Hopper:

49ers:

Vikings:

lol

Too Funny thanks I needed that laugh
I wanted to bring what I said in the Seattle thread to this one because of its relevance. I bolded the points that occurred on Sunday:

"What I honestly believe too is the fact that the Seahawks will underestimate our intensity. I don't think they really have a clue.
(They sure came to play didn't they? Willis takes out Hasselbeck. We continually pound them into submission all game long!)[/i]

With the D gaining most of the respect, our offense needs to step up and put the hand out over the turnbuckle and relieve the D from the ring...it's your turn. (And what does the O do, but run, run, run with Gore over 200 yds and 2TDs!!)

I expect the OL to step it up a notch against this Seattle DL. I am hoping that Rachal, Baas and Snyder snap out of it and maul someone.
(They did, didn't they blasting holes open for Gore's two TD runs?)

I believe that to turn the cornerstone completely and become a true RESPECTED contender they must beat Seattle, become 2-0 in the NFC West and, big and, beat Minny with Peterson and Favre.
(Yes they have beaten the Hawks and now it's on to Minny for a showdown of run D and run O. Based on what Detroit did to Minny, I expect Gore to have a better game than Peterson)

For now, this game is what matters. I really look for us to dominate like we did against the NYJ, Det, and StL. last year at home...really I do.
(They did dominate, but not as much in the passing game of course.)

Again, here we are...winning ugly. We have a top five rushing d going into hostile territory. We can win it big with the OL again. They have to find a way to communicate and would expect Coach Raye and Singletary to address it during the practices. This point is what almost did them in at AZ. They did finally got it together though.

Another important issue is that this is the Vikes Home Opener and it will be very emotional for the team and their fans. Heck, look at us on Sunday. We were loud as f**k so expect the same from Minny. We need to score quickly with a TD and stop them on a three and out to get the crowd out of the game so our OL can communicate well.

Again, I believe our D will keep us in the game close with us winning it in the fourth with guess what, Hill's arm. At least, that's what my crystal ball says...

Go 49ers!
[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 22, 2009 at 11:17 AM ]
i can't believe Curry was such a non-factor in our game.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

looked like a rookie out there
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM ]

"Yea, Curry is better than Willis.."--Seattle Seachick fans

Seriously,
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Something to note:

The Vikings have been trailing at halftime in both games against two of the worst teams in the league.

Yes I watched most of the Browns game and they were slow to get things going offensively. Their run game didn't start doing well until after the second half. They said the rb coach had to yell at the backs to get their s**t together.

Which is why we need to put points on the board early, I want touchdowns!

Both of those games were away.

This is their home opener so throw that stuff out the window IMO. You know how things change dramatically week to week in the NFL...the Titans 0-2, Denver 2-0, Bears beating the SB champs and the Bugles over the Pack? That's why we should not underestimate this team in their house.

The way to get to them and get them out of their game is to score quickly, create 3 and outs, and allow our running game to dictate terms.

Another ugly win is on the menu this week again...it looks like it will become the weekly special at Sing's Grill!

Originally posted by ninertico:

Seriously,

We all chip in money to get the "Sunday Ticket" at a bro of mine's house. One of the guy's is a Seahawk fan and he told me that Curry has shown more potential than Willis, in the same amount of time.
OK, i was a little off in my forecast last week (30-23 Niner win), but at least I predicted the winning team. Called for the Niners 30 points to include a D or ST score, and would have nailed that except for the penalty on Coffee that negated Rossum's TD.

This week, points will be hard to come by. I'm forecasting a 16-12 Niner win. Lots of FG's this week, for both teams. Somehow/someway, the Niners squeeze in a TD and that's the difference.

Playing indoors, I don't see more than 1 FG total being missed in this game.

Both defenses will tackle crisply, holding down long runs and YAC.

Farve's damaged nail on his throwing hand, WILL affect his passing accuracy.

Andy Lee (and obviously also Nedney) WILL be a major factor for SF.

This will be an ugly game to watch with little offensive consistency for either team. It will be a game of field position and, as always, turnovers will be key. If the Niners score early and play with the lead, then the home-opener crowd will not be so much of a factor. Biggest risk, as I see it is not Adrian Peterson or Favre, but Percy Harvin lighting-up the crowd with a scintillating KR. Harvin is averaging almost 30 yards per KR over 6 returns to date. Niners need good gunner play this Sunday.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Seriously,

It's hard to say how good he's ultimately going to become, but he obviously isn't a natural like Willis.
Share 49ersWebzone