LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 2 [Home Opener])

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by omarl02:
y didn't Manny Lawson get credited with a sack?

I believe the play went for no gain. Thus, the lack of a sack.

On the opposite side of the ball, Terrill was credited for a sack on a one yard loss.
frank gore
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by omarl02:
y didn't Manny Lawson get credited with a sack?

I believe the play went for no gain. Thus, the lack of a sack.

On the opposite side of the ball, Terrill was credited for a sack on a one yard loss.

our defense is getting shafted. J. Smith; R. Mac AND now Lawson all shorted on sacks. Oh well at least we are undefeated

Now Shaun Hill needs to learn why WR's are actually on the field.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CharlieCobra:
Your 9'ers played a good solid game and our walking wounded didn't. No comparison between Willis and our Rook who played like a rook today. Just LOVED the whiff on Norris... You could sure tell Lofa and Hill were missing on those two big runs. Our LB's got sucked up inside and there was nobody home when Frank busted through. Big Play Babs wasn't today and didn't even SEE Gore until he was past him.

I reckon this answers the question if we were that good or the Rams just that bad. C-ya next game.

You're welcome back from game 2
Originally posted by Esco:
Your 9'ers played a good solid game and our walking wounded didn't. No comparison between Willis and our Rook who played like a rook today. Just LOVED the whiff on Norris... You could sure tell Lofa and Hill were missing on those two big runs. Our LB's got sucked up inside and there was nobody home when Frank busted through. Big Play Babs wasn't today and didn't even SEE Gore until he was past him.

I reckon this answers the question if we were that good or the Rams just that bad. C-ya next game.

can't we go on some type of exchange program? Trade the bad posters for their good ones?
Our schedule is so-so for the next 2 weeks, then it's tough as nails for the next 10, so I hope we can continue to stay 1 step ahead of everyone like we have so far. Today was the best football I've seen from this team in years. Hats off to them, and to Singletary. He has truly gotten in these kids heads, and in a good way. Go Niners!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Esco:

can't we go on some type of exchange program? Trade the bad posters for their good ones?

I reckon there are a few previously banned members we could swap for a few of the opposition's objective fans.

are you saying you are a previously banned member and are volunteering to go
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Our schedule is so-so for the next 2 weeks, then it's tough as nails for the next 10, so I hope we can continue to stay 1 step ahead of everyone like we have so far. Today was the best football I've seen from this team in years. Hats off to them, and to Singletary. He has truly gotten in these kids heads, and in a good way. Go Niners!!!!!!!!!

I'm not buying what I've heard so far, that we have one of the weakest schedules. It looks pretty fierce if you ask me.

Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings - 10:00a
Sun Oct. 4 Rams - 1:15p
Sun Oct. 11 Falcons - 1:05p
BYE
Sun Oct. 25 @Texans - 10:00a
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - 10:00a
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - 1:15p
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a

If we make the playoffs with this schedule, then I'm confident in what we can do once we get there.
Niners 3-0 after next week
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

yea we need to get a win in minnesota, so we can really take advantage of when we play the rams. we dont match up to well against the vikes so hopefully we can pull it out like we did with the arizona game. some help from the wideouts and hill actually getting the ball to them would be nice.

Originally posted by Carney:
Niners 3-0 after next week

If we can swing that, and not get upset by the Lambs, that would be huge going into ATL @ 4-0. My buddy is a Falcons fan, and has been talking mad sh*t about Matt Ryan. He will be at my spot watching that game in week 5, and I would love to go 5-0 in front of his *ss as he cries about getting the snot kicked out of him.
... that we can beat Seattle's scrubs.

They were already without
left tackle HOF Walter Jones (knee),
defensive tackle Brandon Mebane (calf),
linebacker Leroy Hill (groin),
receiver Deion Branch (hamstring)
cornerback Pro Bowler Marcus Trufant (back).

then they lost Matt Hassleback !

I am more impressed with the Arizona win.

Still, 2-0 feels good
the f**king rams

lmao

He said they were the best team in the nfc west (world? Universe?) because they beat the rams.

Seahawks werent doing anything when hassellback was in there, their offense was in there for the entire 1st half and barley came away with 10 points.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
I'm so happy i wanna cry.
It's going to be ridiculously loud this week in Minnesota for several reasons. But if our D just comes out with the f*ck the world attitude like we've had the first two games then we have a great chance... Gore will probably have another game like he did against Arizona so Hill will have to play smart. Hopefully we can contain Peterson early and maintain that throughout the second half. Don't get me wrong, I want the win this weekend as bad as anyone else BUT, even if we loose... we still have a great chance of going 4-1. And based off of all the predictions and threads just 3 weeks ago, I'll take it!
Share 49ersWebzone