There are 172 users in the forums

Mike Johnson OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=134042

Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
He'll take an OC job elsewhere, guaranteed, if we don't promote him. He and Alex have an excellent relationship and Mike Johnson is responsible for introdicing aspects of the Spread to our offense -- losing Johnson right now could slow Smith's Development. Raye can stay on as an offensive advisor.

Johnson will be HC somewhere along the line, but we would be kicking ourselves if he gets away this offseason.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20090808/sports/908089962

you came up with this from a 4 month old artical?????

No, jsut something to back up what I'm saying.
The word "guaranteed" tends to be fairly loosely applied round here.

Try "IMO"
We should kick Raye out the second the season is over. He was a bad hire when the 49ers first acquired him, and he still is now.

If the 49ers lose Johnson and retain Raye, I don't know if I'll have any hope for this franchise.
Originally posted by English:

Try "IMO"

That's true! I guarantee it!
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tn9er:
He'll take an OC job elsewhere, guaranteed, if we don't promote him. He and Alex have an excellent relationship and Mike Johnson is responsible for introdicing aspects of the Spread to our offense -- losing Johnson right now could slow Smith's Development. Raye can stay on as an offensive advisor.

Johnson will be HC somewhere along the line, but we would be kicking ourselves if he gets away this offseason.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20090808/sports/908089962

you came up with this from a 4 month old artical?????

No, jsut something to back up what I'm saying.

Good, there for a minute I thought you were guaranteeing your oppinion....
Originally posted by jreff22:
He's not going anywhere, and chances are he knows he will get his shot with us down the line.
If we had to move Raye to offensive advisor & make Mike Johnson to offensive co-ordinator then I would be all for it. If not leave the staff together except for a new o-line coach.
promote johnson he cant be worse than f**king raye
I think it's a great idea, but i don't see why everyone likes hiring extremely inexperienced people to such crucial positions. OC is the most important assistant coach job..do you remember when we gave it to Hostler cuz we thought he was ready for it and he knew Turner's system????

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
promote johnson he cant be worse than f**king raye

• fryet
  • Veteran
Personally, I am happy with Raye as offensive coach, and would prefer to avoid the scenario where we replace another OC. Let's see what Alex Smith can do with a second year under the same coach. After our last debacle of promoting our QB coach to OC, I am hesitant to want to trust another QB coach with our offense. Also, keep in mind that Singletary won't be able to tutor the QB coach, so the chance of the rookie OC succeeding is not good.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by English:

Try "IMO"

That's true! I guarantee it!

Well, I'm convinced!
Not yet. Raye has shown to work his offense around his talent. It's his first year here and it's the players' first year under him. Give him more time and let Johnson get more comfortable and more knowledge in this offense.

The last thing we need is another Hostler who isn't ready to make the move.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I think it's a great idea, but i don't see why everyone likes hiring extremely inexperienced people to such crucial positions. OC is the most important assistant coach job..do you remember when we gave it to Hostler cuz we thought he was ready for it and he knew Turner's system????

How about when Bellichick gave the OC job to McDaniels (a nobody at the time of his hire) after being the QB coach, he seemed to do a good job.

How do you think inexperienced coaches get to be experienced coaches, they get hired to crucial positions.

Mike Johnson is not Jim Hostler and its unfair to compare the two. Just because Hostler was a clueless moron, doesn't mean that Johnson will fail. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Share 49ersWebzone