LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Imagine if we kept Antonio Bryant

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We would have seen a lot more butt cheeks over the last few years....

why, i ask, why?
Originally posted by ninernutt:
If we kept him he would have been cheap and a great fit to the WR's we have today. Yes WR is deep this year but we all know how they get banged up throughout the year. I know its a "what if" but did you guys see him last year? He is gonna be a top 15 WR this year, atleast! I dont think he was that troubled of a player here, and for the price can you imagine him as our number 3-4, talk about a stcked WR crew

If we had Antonio Bryant, he'd probably be our number 1 receiver, not 3 or 4. Nobody on the roster is as good as him at the moment (Bruce is old, Morgan hasn't done much yet, Crabtree is a rookie, Hill hasn't done anything, Battle might not even make the team, same with Zeigler). Bruce would likely be the primary backup for Bryant.

Antonio Bryant did a good job when we had him in '06. He is more responsible for Battle's 3rd down success that year than Battle was. He commanded double-teams and was a legitimate deep threat. Defenses respected his ability and that also helped Gore and the running game. Just because he didn't put up 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs when he was here doesn't mean he didn't do a good job.

The guy should have never been let go to begin with.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Some guys just wasn't meant to be on certain team. Like Chris Carter was cut by the Eagles and went on to the Vikes. You can say Buddy Ryan was stupid to let him go or did Carter a favor. Maybe AB needed to be cut by the Cowboys, Niners to get himself better like he is right now. Glad he seems to turned it around.

No, AB needed a QB who could get him the ball. Last year he had Garcia and he put up big numbers. He might not be so lucky this year.
Originally posted by 49ers1:

why, i ask, why?

WOW!

"Seeing a Antonio Bryant, Gary Busey love child.......Priceless"
Antonio Bryant is a loser
  • Mex49
He would be taking the bus to work
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninernutt:
If we kept him he would have been cheap and a great fit to the WR's we have today. Yes WR is deep this year but we all know how they get banged up throughout the year. I know its a "what if" but did you guys see him last year? He is gonna be a top 15 WR this year, atleast! I dont think he was that troubled of a player here, and for the price can you imagine him as our number 3-4, talk about a stcked WR crew

He had issues when he was here...he would still be here if he was a solid character player.
Bryant was good while we had him but I'm happy with the guys we have.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Imagine if Shaun Hill had a horrible accident and his throwing arm was torn off his body. Then, an advance race of aliens landed and replaced his missing arm with a bionic arm! Hill could then fire the ball the whole length of the field!

That would be cool. right? Right?

Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Imagine if Shaun Hill had a horrible accident and his throwing arm was torn off his body. Then, an advance race of aliens landed and replaced his missing arm with a bionic arm! Hill could then fire the ball the whole length of the field!

That would be cool. right? Right?

I know, imagine if we kept and started Joe Montana?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bryant would be holding out for a bigger contract if he were still on the team.
  • samuraigeorge71
  • Info N/A
Nevermind that, imagine the 49ers not trading Charles Haley to the cowboys. They would have at least two more Superbowl rings. Strange that he isn't in the Hall of Fame already.
He's out at least 3 weeks, he just got hurt at Bucs camp as per Rotoworld.com
Share 49ersWebzone