LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really want to see what our OL and RB's can do against a good defense. I am looking forward to seeing a good half or so of football. And I want to see some improvement in our passing game too. I want to see at least one pass go 20 or 25 yards.
No Marvel Smith for the game.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/08/marvel-smith-wo.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/08/marvel-smith-wo.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

Looks like Barry Sims will start.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Looks like Barry Sims will start.

Fudge!
from MM twitter

Alex Boone is 49ers' No.3 right tackle, but vet Barry Sims is an open there, too.

Hmmm, excellent.
The good news: apparently, NOT an injury situation for Marvel.

Probably a family matter of some significance, for Marvel to have to leave the club at the last moment like this. Hope that all turns out well for him.

Sims may start at RT, but what's to see there? You know what you're going to get. Will be very entertaining to see what Boone can do vs the Dallas D. Just hope that both of these guys can maintain Shaun Hill's health through this game.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
The good news: apparently, NOT an injury situation for Marvel.

Probably a family matter of some significance, for Marvel to have to leave the club at the last moment like this. Hope that all turns out well for him.

Sims may start at RT, but what's to see there? You know what you're going to get. Will be very entertaining to see what Boone can do vs the Dallas D. Just hope that both of these guys can maintain Shaun Hill's health through this game.

Yeah, i got really worried it was his back.

It'll be good for Boone to get reps with ones and to go against the Cowboys ones. I'm sure Raye will have VD helping on that side and the RB's will be looking to their right as well.

It'll be great experience for him and good for the team as long as he doesn't get Hill destroyed.
[ Edited by pdxredandgold on Aug 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM ]
i hate preseason, they dont show the games on TV. Oh wait its because Favre is back all the tv stations have to show that game every week. WTF!
with Roy Williams out I need to see our secondary dominate the cowboys WR's. Dominate them badly no way should the cowboys WR's be given any cushion or any respect by the defense.
Originally posted by lamontb:
with Roy Williams out I need to see our secondary dominate the cowboys WR's. Dominate them badly no way should the cowboys WR's be given any cushion or any respect by the defense.

I can already see it....Clements & Bly....10 yards off....book it.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by lamontb:

I can already see it....Clements & Bly....10 yards off....book it.

anyone know of any stations that are showing the 49ers/cowboys game in los angeles? looks like i might have to stream it :(
Originally posted by frenchmov:
anyone know of any stations that are showing the 49ers/cowboys game in los angeles? looks like i might have to stream it :(

stream seems to be the only option for us.
Is the game going to be televised?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rigs49:
Is the game going to be televised?

Not nationally
Share 49ersWebzone