LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Has Raye ever produced a 1,000 yard WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't really know his history other than the low over all stats, so I hadn't heard this before. Does anyone know the stat history of WRs under Raye?
I'm not sure about WR's, but doesn't he have a 1,000 yard TE?
Not 100% sure, but he did make Elvis Gerbac look good and I believe at the time the Chiefs offense made 3 recievers look "NFL Quality" and I don't remember them ever going on to do anything special afterwords. (was it Eddie Kennison, and a couple others?)
Still he made Elvis look good and got him overpaid by the Ravens ;)
2000 - KC
Derrick Alexander - WR (78 Rec - 1391 Yds - 10 TD)
and
Tony Gonzales - TE (93 Rec - 1203 Yds - 9 TD)
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
2000 - KC
and

Beat me to it...

Alexander also had 992 rec yds in 1998

Produced Joe Horn and oversaw the best season out of relative bust Sly Morris (48-678-3)
2000 - KC
and

And that was with Elvis Grbac at QB...
Niiice. Who was the rb that year?
My guess is Kimble Anders... but just a wild guess.
I think we need a list of receivers he's had so that we can see if any of those receivers were 1000 yard talents.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Niiice. Who was the rb that year?

Tony Richardson 147 for 697 yds . . . the best year of his career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2000.htm

I don't really know his history other than the low over all stats, so I hadn't heard this before. Does anyone know the stat history of WRs under Raye?

In 2000 when oc for the chiefs he had 2 1000 yard reciever! 1 a wr and 1 was tony gonzales! With elvis grbac at the helm! He had 547 attempts, 4100 yards! And 90 qb rating, and a pro bowl birth! Wit the lack of runningback he ran a committe of tony richardson and kimble anders who compiled a 4.5 average and over a 1000 yards as well! Post a link for ya in a bit!

He is a student of the zampese, like turner, and martz. Was a coach of some historically aweful teams. Such as the 85 and 86 bucs and the 90 patriots!

And he comes to our team with hopes of building something nice with the offensive talent which we have a acumulated the past couple seasons. With gore at the helm, morgan, jones, bruce the emergence of v davis we look to moving forward for once. And hopefully a top 10 defence we are hopefully looking at a winning season
2000 - KC
and

Wow I started to type and there was no response I get done and bam everyone was on it! Lol gotta love the zone!
Goniners
Originally posted by frankie:

In 2000 when oc for the chiefs he had 2 1000 yard reciever! 1 a wr and 1 was tony gonzales! With elvis grbac at the helm! He had 547 attempts, 4100 yards! And 90 qb rating, and a pro bowl birth! Wit the lack of runningback he ran a committe of tony richardson and kimble anders who compiled a 4.5 average and over a 1000 yards as well! Post a link for ya in a bit!

He is a student of the zampese, like turner, and martz. Was a coach of some historically aweful teams. Such as the 85 and 86 bucs and the 90 patriots!

And he comes to our team with hopes of building something nice with the offensive talent which we have a acumulated the past couple seasons. With gore at the helm, morgan, jones, bruce the emergence of v davis we look to moving forward for once. And hopefully a top 10 defence we are hopefully looking at a winning season

We have been missing three key things in this offense:

1. OC who understands how football is played.
2. QB
3. WR

If we had at the minimum, average play or coaching in either of these three in the last 4 years, we would legitimately be contending for the playoffs each year. Now, I feel we are fairly solid at all three and are ready to make the splash.

We had an OC who didn't know shiat to an OC who knew too much. We finally have solid and comfortable experience at QB and are looking good at WR. It's go time!!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Not 100% sure, but he did make Elvis Gerbac look good and I believe at the time the Chiefs offense made 3 recievers look "NFL Quality" and I don't remember them ever going on to do anything special afterwords. (was it Eddie Kennison, and a couple others?)

Only to get hurt and have trent (ya know to love n hate em) dilfer take over and get a superbowl ring lol

Wow what ever happened to elvis, did his career end wit baltimore?

Ok just checked! Dilfer won before elvis entered the building! When grbac got injured randall cunningham replaced the injured grbac! Lol coulda edited my post but id rather leave and clarify! Hey playas f**k up lol

Unless they are in sings camp

Then its on

[ Edited by frankie on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:11:22 ]
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by 5280High:

Only to get hurt and have trent (ya know to love n hate em) dilfer take over and get a superbowl ring lol

Wow what ever happened to elvis, did his career end wit baltimore?

I don't think it had as much to do with what Elvis couldn't do in terms of talent but more of what Trent could do as a Leader on offense.
Share 49ersWebzone