There are 175 users in the forums

Dre Bly is going to get his chance.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With Brown nicked up this lost time could be crucial for both players.

Can Bly take advantage?

I dont know but i find myself rooting for 'our guy' Brown. BUt i wouldnt put it past Bly to sieze the oppurtunity.
I hope Brown wins the battle for a starting spot. Either way we end up with a decent nickleback though
Brown seems to always be hurt. Maybe we should give up on him ever stepping up to be a number 1 CB.
Toe injuries can be a real problem. We'll have to see how quickly Brown can return. This surely gives Bly the upper hand if Brown is out for any significant time.
Dre bly is a good player should start???
Yeah I really dont see Brown beating out Bly for the 2nd spot if he does that would be the biggest suprise of the season for me. Bly is a former pro bowler and lead the Broncos in ints last year. He hasnt completely fell off yet so im pretty sure its his spot to lose, but I think Brown and Spencer will be great in Nick and Dime packages

[ Edited by Ricethefngoat on Aug 2, 2009 at 15:14:05 ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Brown seems to always be hurt. Maybe we should give up on him ever stepping up to be a number 1 CB.

I seem to remember him playing in most of the games last year? Where do you get the idea that he's always hurt?
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I seem to remember him playing in most of the games last year? Where do you get the idea that he's always hurt?

I got the "idea" from following the niners. He was hurt during his senior year at UT (toe). I pressume its the same toe. He played through it.

He was also injured during training camp rookie year and was also carted off the field as a rookie year late in the season. I forgot what game it was but he was playing ST.

Here he is again with that bum toe. This type of injury is similar to the one that hindered Deion Sanders late in his career.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Toe injuries can be a real problem. We'll have to see how quickly Brown can return. This surely gives Bly the upper hand if Brown is out for any significant time.

That's the bummer about training camp injuries, especially early ones. TB, Haralson, Ricky Jean-Francois (I know, that's not an injury, but...) anything that prevents a guy from getting reps is bad news.

Hope they all get better real soon and get (back) on the field.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

I dont know but i find myself rooting for 'our guy' Brown. BUt i wouldnt put it past Bly to sieze the oppurtunity.

I'm absolutely at a loss as to why anybody wouldn't be rooting for Brown to win the starting spot.

Would you rather have a starter win the spot who is a one year rental and already peaking through the door of retirement or a starter win the spot who is one of your young drafted guys?

Has brown really had that many injuries? I thought this was one of his first ones. Last year, I dont remember him being injured, but ofcourse I could be wrong.
"Odd sight to see Isaac Bruce doing nutcracker. He got the best of Dre' Bly."

Do I lose respect for Bly or gain respect for Bruce?
I don't know all of Brown's injury history, but I know this is far from the first time he's been hurt.

And isn't a "sprained big toe" just another way of saying "turf toe"? Is there a difference?
Originally posted by Joecool:
"Odd sight to see Isaac Bruce doing nutcracker. He got the best of Dre' Bly."

Do I lose respect for Bly or gain respect for Bruce?

Gotta be the respect for bruce, he also hauled in that 45 yarder from smith in practice! At age 36 he is gettin the best of the younger players.

Bly just mite say ya know we gotta take it easy on the senior citizens but bruce knows what's up!
Personally, I'm rooting for Brown. Take what I'm about to say with a large grain of salt, but a couple of my friends who are big Bronco fans have nothing good to say about Dre Bly. They say he can make big plays, but he was also burnt a lot, and none of them were sorry to see him go. Like I said, take that with a grain of salt. Afterall, they could be wrong because they're Bronco fans for cripes sake.
Share 49ersWebzone