LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Can Catching The Ball Be Taught?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has there been players, 49ers or just any player in the NFL for that matter that when they came into the league they could not catch very well and was taught (successfully) to catch a ball. I know RB's can be taught how to protect the ball from fumbling, just wanted to know if there are WR's out there that had the same success of learning how to catch.... just trying to find hope for a player on our team that shall not be named.
the GOAT had the dropsies his first year or two and he turned out to be the best WR of all time. people need to chill, he doesnt get used enough to make an impact, if i know the player your referring to
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Good technique, Solid Form..... sign him so we can have a 2000 yard WR
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the GOAT had the dropsies his first year or two and he turned out to be the best WR of all time. people need to chill, he doesnt get used enough to make an impact, if i know the player your referring to

I think we talking about the same player lol I can understand bobbled drops, just not hand like cement type of drops
Of course it can. How did you learn to catch a baseball, basketball or football?
hahahaha Brandon Lloyd.

How bad were we to think he could be a Threat????

we must have been s**tty.
Originally posted by NINERMINER49:

I think we talking about the same player lol I can understand bobbled drops, just not hand like cement type of drops

he'll be fine, the one pass a game he got last year was not enough to get any kind of rhythm, and those were usually long bombs, those are low percentage plays, if they gave him more short and mid range throws he wouldve showed better hands. in school he was a good receiver, i dont see why he would forget how to catch in the pro's. i think he'll be fine this year in an Offense that uses his talents.

Not to name any names, but are we talking about Vernon Davis?

I think Jerry could catch all along, he just had the rookie jitters in my opinion. I know he did drop some, but he was catching bricks before footballs
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Of course it can. How did you learn to catch a baseball, basketball or football?

Iam talking about catching well enough to play in the NFL.... Anyone can catch a ball, not everyone can catch well enough to be in the NFl...

Originally posted by DonJulio:

Not to name any names, but are we talking about Vernon Davis?

I think Jerry could catch all along, he just had the rookie jitters in my opinion. I know he did drop some, but he was catching bricks before footballs

Wow you magician, you read my mind.... how would you have know its Vernon Davis lol
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Funny, I don't trust you guys. I don't remember Lloyd ducking like that and thought some crafty computer whiz made it up. That is just too pathetic to be believable,
that is as bad as Everett's ghost sack.
I think some people have natural hands for football, and some do not. Unsaid player has decent hands and can work on his focus, hand placement, and tracking the ball. I don't think we'll ever confuse his hands with Chris Carter's, but most of the dropsies can be eliminated.
Originally posted by BobS:

Funny, I don't trust you guys. I don't remember Lloyd ducking like that and thought some crafty computer whiz made it up. That is just too pathetic to be believable,

Ghost sack?
Originally posted by BobS:

have you memorized every snap Lloyd played as a 9er? Technology is good, but not that good. This is real video.
Share 49ersWebzone