LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Which 49er-Sleeper Will Surprise Us Most At Camp?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er-Sleeper Will Surprise Us Most At Camp?

My money is on Brandon Jones, but we have a lot of players looking to "grab the ring" this August.

So who you got?

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jul 30, 2009 at 14:08:40 ]
Boone and Ricky JF
Originally posted by rapid4:
Boone and Ricky JF

These guys are supposed to be making noise... being rookies and all the spotlight is on them more.

They guys above are vets we haven't talked about much this summer (save for Balmer). It'd be interesting if any of them emerged into playmakers... tho we should hope B-Jones is worth a s**t for the money we are paying him.

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jul 30, 2009 at 14:13:58 ]
i like Balmer, i think he should be WAY better this year now that he's been in the same D for a whole year.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i like Balmer, i think he should be WAY better this year now that he's been in the same D for a whole year.
I picked Balmer just cuz I am hoping he does.
It's hard to pick one, so I'll go with Balmer and Jones. Jones especially if Crabtree's holdout extends deep into TC and he loses a lot of possible playing time.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for P-52ENFORCER.
I think Balmer could turn out to be a beast this season fa sho!

[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Jul 30, 2009 at 14:24:40 ]
Tough call but I wouldn't say Balmer b/c he's not in a position where he's going to dominate or stand out for fans. Jones could be the man though with his talent and with Crabtree's holdout. My big time sleeper could be Brooks if/when Lawson or Haralson either fail or are subbed out and he's allowed to rush the passer (assuming he makes the team, of course). And again, that would be during the regular season. VD might be my pick for offense during the regular season too.
Josh Morgan, he could breakout this year, go 9ers

OLB - Jay Moore - pass rushing phenom....... yeah, you heard right.
Alex Freak'en Boone
Originally posted by NickSh49:
My money is on Brandon Jones, but we have a lot of players looking to "grab the ring" this August.

So who you got?

imma say that i hope jason hill challenges b jones for the 4 spot in camp n preseason but im hopin m.lawson becomes a solid passrusher durin the ssn. Im wantin to see at least 8 sacks from him
Scott McKillop or Bear Poscoe
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
OLB - Jay Moore - pass rushing phenom....... yeah, you heard right.

huskers!!
Share 49ersWebzone