There are 236 users in the forums

What happens if coach Singletary fails?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Less than a year as full time HC and you guys call him a failure? Good grief guys, quit with the instant-gratification mentality. Things are slowly getting better, and it takes time for a franchise to turn around.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Less than a year as full time HC and you guys call him a failure? Good grief guys, quit with the instant-gratification mentality. Things are slowly getting better, and it takes time for a franchise to turn around.

SLOWLY GETTING BETTER!!!??!!!!!

Hes a tool. This philosophy WONT get it done in the NFL. He is WAYYY to stubborn to change it to! Piss poor game/player managment as well. Just Horrible

How can your be so convinced that things are getting better? We are not getting blown out every game, but we are also not in control of any of these games. I think Sing has already failed. If he fails miserably and we finish with 5 or 6 wins, I think his job should be challenged...

I never liked how they "handed" him the job after the season was over. At least interview other coaches first to determine if he really is the right person for the job...

The guy claims that this is a playoff team. The record doesn't show that.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

The guy claims that this is a playoff team. The record doesn't show that.

He talks to much

Well see you in the playoffs
We come out and punch them in the face

shut up no team is scared of us
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Hes a tool. This philosophy WONT get it done in the NFL. He is WAYYY to stubborn to change it to! Piss poor game/player managment as well. Just Horrible

YES SLOWLY GETTING BETTER.

Without anything else involved, answer this:

Are we better than we were last year when Noaln was still coach. If you follow the 49ers as close as anyone on this board, it is a convincing YES.

People complain about the past 7 years CRAP, big news guys, Singletary can give a crap about the past 7 years. The only thing he's in control of is when he is HC
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Nov 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:

How can your be so convinced that things are getting better? We are not getting blown out every game, but we are also not in control of any of these games. I think Sing has already failed. If he fails miserably and we finish with 5 or 6 wins, I think his job should be challenged...

I never liked how they "handed" him the job after the season was over. At least interview other coaches first to determine if he really is the right person for the job...

That right there is already proof that we are getting better. Just because it's gradual, doesn't mean we can count it out.

You guys bash him for all he's done wrong, which there has been some stuff (the TOs, the premature playoff talk), but geez, give him credit too

Are we better than we were last year when Noaln was still coach. If you follow the 49ers as close as anyone on this board, it is a convincing YES.

People complain about the past 7 years CRAP, big news guys, Singletary can give a crap about the past 7 years. The only thing he's in control of is when he is HC

our record doesn't indicate that. I dont care if we lose by 32 or 2 we still lose. If nolan wins 1 game but loses all the others by 15 plus and sing doesnt win any but loses them all by 7 or less nolan>sing
In my book...4-6 is not getting better....a lost is still a lost. It's Sing's slow reaction to adjust and play to the team's strength that bugs me the most. I am sick of being down 20 points before we adjust. That's not improving....that's the same old shiet...in my book.
Sing will never fail; he'll rise up from the ashes of this failing season and he'll take the team back to Championship status in 2010 season

our record doesn't indicate that. I dont care if we lose by 32 or 2 we still lose. If nolan wins 1 game but loses all the others by 15 plus and sing doesnt win any but loses them all by 7 or less nolan>sing

last year we were 7-9, with 5 of those wins coming from when Singletary took over. The year before that, 5-11 (3 of those wins coming after week 11).

Yes we are 4-6 now, but having more wins by week 11 in a while. I can almost guarantee that we will have a better record than previous years. WHICH MEANS, SLOWLY GETTING BETTER.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Had to dig this one from the crates... But i think Singletary is beginning to fail.. I like coach Sing, but I don't think he is ready to be a head coach. He just doesn't have the football IQ to really out scheme anyone... and i mean ANYONE in this league. And it shows Sunday after Sunday. Jed made the emotional pick this offseason when he hired Sing. Just goes to show that the folks up top still have no clue with what they are doing..

And you can't fire bad ownership so ...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Sing can not fail only the players can

Yeah, just ask him.

He sounds more like Nolan after every loss.
Share 49ersWebzone