There are 197 users in the forums

What happens if coach Singletary fails?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And I mean fails bad..... like ending up with a 2-14 type record?? Do we stay invested in him or do we look at other possible coaching canidates that will be availible such as: Holgrem, Cowher, Pete Carrol, Shannahan??? Not trying to paint a doom and gloom scenario, but what if.........

[ Edited by jays9ers on Jul 30, 2009 at 12:39:26 ]
DOOM!

GLOOM!

Good question though.
4 wins or less - Sing gets fired and we move on.

5 to 6 wins - Plenty of fans and some media call for his head and throw bigger names around, but ultimately nothing happens imo.

7 wins or more - Sing buys himself at least one more season.
Sing can not fail only the players can
Originally posted by Overkill:
4 wins or less - Sing gets fired and we move on.

5 to 6 wins - Plenty of fans and some media call for his head and throw bigger names around, but ultimately nothing happens imo.

7 wins or more - Sing buys himself at least one more season.

I think we will have to match last seasons record, barring any major injuries, for Sing not to get canned. There would be no excuse why he had a poorer record. Our sched is easier, and we have more and better talent.
IT WONT HAPPEN!
Singletary will stare at Niners' management, and they will extend his contract through 2156.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Singletary will stare at Niners' management, and they will extend his contract through 2156.

TRUE THAT!
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

TRUE THAT!
If he completely and utterly fails or if he causes a large amount of embarrassment to the team, then he'll be out the door. Otherwise, he’s here for at least the next two years and probably the year after that too. Judging by his extended tryout last season, I honestly don’t think he’s going to be fired anytime soon.

Originally posted by fzrdave:
If he completely and utterly fails or if he causes a large amount of embarrassment to the team, then he'll be out the door. Otherwise, he’s here for at least the next two years and probably the year after that too. Judging by his extended tryout last season, I honestly don’t think he’s going to be fired anytime soon.

I fervantly hope and I don't think Singletary will fail. But if the worse happens Holmgren and Shanahan will likely be out there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Then we pants him and fire him.
What if...
Jeff Garcia never left.....
T.O. was normal and was still in SF.....

We should discuss it when it happens
  • Mex49
Gil Haskell will becoming back after a year off, and Holmgren will be ready for his new role as GM.
Share 49ersWebzone