LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

Does anybody believe that our pass rush is any better?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yea i gotta see a regular game 1st before i judge
It looked to me we blitzed a couple of times but nothing special. I think the defense may have a few things up their sleeve that they are not going to show in the preseason, especially with the division champs as your first opponent. Clements dodged the question when asked about he pass rush and Singletary basically said wait and see. The year Lawson got hurt we looked real vanilla in the preseason but when we played the Cardinals in the opener that year the defense came out very agressive and I think that will probably happen again this year. I agree we will probably draft a pass rusher with one of our first rounders next year but we are probably going to have to wait until the opener to see any improvement in the pass rush.
Originally posted by E-49er:
It looked to me we blitzed a couple of times but nothing special. I think the defense may have a few things up their sleeve that they are not going to show in the preseason, especially with the division champs as your first opponent. Clements dodged the question when asked about he pass rush and Singletary basically said wait and see. The year Lawson got hurt we looked real vanilla in the preseason but when we played the Cardinals in the opener that year the defense came out very agressive and I think that will probably happen again this year. I agree we will probably draft a pass rusher with one of our first rounders next year but we are probably going to have to wait until the opener to see any improvement in the pass rush.

I noticed that as well!
Originally posted by 228niner:
I rewatched the game and Manny got tied up by a single tackle every time. He went down like a chump almost every time. I didn't notice Parys in there, so I am guessing he didn't play. Brooks was in on a lot more plays than anyone else...

If this crap doesn't improve, it is going to be another loooonnnggg season. Warner, Ryan, Hasselback, and probably even Bulger will pick us apart all day with that kind of time?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I rewatched the game and Manny got tied up by a single tackle every time. He went down like a chump almost every time. I didn't notice Parys in there, so I am guessing he didn't play. Brooks was in on a lot more plays than anyone else...

If this crap doesn't improve, it is going to be another loooonnnggg season. Warner, Ryan, Hasselback, and probably even Bulger will pick us apart all day with that kind of time?

Last nights Denver game was simple basic pre-season football, barely any scheming, your man against our man, best player wins.

I was very disappointed to see that Haralson, Lawson & Brooks all could not one freak'en time beat their man for a sack.

Nobody during the whole freak'en game got 1 freaken sack!

Most disappointed in Manny Lawson who was owned by the Denver tackle and on at 3 occasions that I saw simply was thrown to the ground like a rag doll.

This lack of a Pass Rush has been a big thorn in our butts for decades now!!!
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by 228niner:
I agree that we didnt have much last night, however, Denver has arguably the best pass protecting line in the league..the guy Manny lawson was up against gave up a 1/2 sack all year long as a rook...
Didnt show me anything last nite, but its still early.
What pass rush? I know it's early but come on. A few QB hurries would have been nice to see. At least our DB's are making plays.

I think we need to trade one of our next years 1st rounders for a proven pass rusher. There is no way we are gong to win without one.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What pass rush? I know it's early but come on. A few QB hurries would have been nice to see. At least our DB's are making plays.

To be honest with you.... I think the result of those intereceptions was more due to bad Denver Q.B. throws than our DB's making plays on the ball.
When they asked Singletary about how they improved the pass rush, he said "Wait and see". He didn't have an answer. They didn't improve the pass rush. I know that it is preseason football, but we didnt even lay a hand on the quarterback the whole game. If manny is supposed to be our "Savior" this year, why didn't he even get close to making any plays? I am worried....
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
No cause nothing has changed. Who have we added?

Like I said.
Shoulda drafted Everette Brown
Share 49ersWebzone