There are 168 users in the forums

Are you ok with Sing holding off practices for Team Building meetings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you ok with Sing holding off practices for Team Building meetings?

lol funny how Nolan got ripped for doing the exact same thing last year.

-9fA
Nolan used every available day to get extra practice time in and we saw how he fared. Its not as if Sing will be lounging somewhere, the team is together and they are in meetings. If Sing decides they need a day to mentally prepare, so be it.
Singletary is the coach, and I'm willing to let him do what he feels is right.
I love it, and think it's an excellent idea for the young group of guys we have. No player comes before the team, everyone on the field is held accountable on every play, and you back eachother up AT ALL TIMES, are probably some of the things they will work on. With the position this team is in right now, I think things like this are just as important as practicing. I think Sing wants to get these important things out of the way now, and then GET DOWN TO BUSINESS! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Jul 29, 2009 at 18:18:30 ]
I suspect under Sing these guys will get plenty of repetition along with runs up “pain” hill. Sing will keep them out there until midnight doing the same play over and over until it is perfect and when it is not perfect they get to run up “Pain”. Not to worried if they start on Friday or even Monday.

He is probably using the extra days to clearly explain what to expect which hopefully these guys are taking to heart. Those who are not will be gone.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He needs an extra day to practice dropping his pants.

In addition, he needs one more day to give the team that stare. Afterwards, they will all become Pro-Bowlers.

Correction. This just in: He needs to take Friday off to go stare at Eugene Parker. Because, as you know, once he stares at you, mountains move, the planets in the Milky Way align, dogs and cats embrace each other, Jews and Muslims begin holding hands. World peace emerges across the globe. At one glance of Singletary, Parker will be having Crabtree work for minimum wage. And then...... Crabtree will really begin to cry.

Why not give him the extra day? The universe is begging for it.

This post just ensures that his position at #1 in the Super Seven can not be overtaken by mere mortals. My compliments on a tremendous post.
Its just one day.

Rather be prepared, than not!
It's a new method. Hope it works. I wonder what people thought of Walsh's method to minimize contact in practice, which was sort of new at the time. People probably thought, great, we won't know how to tackle.

Anything that deviates from normal practice in the NFL could be a good thing as players need something fresh and new to do.
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
We're only talking about Friday, which is the earliest they can hit the field . . . no worries.

Yeah Singeltary said they're missing one day.
Is this like when you fall and trust your team mates to catch you? Like those corporate circle jerks that were popular oh so long ago?

The rookies will learn physics, that time stops under certain conditions. I have a feeling MS meetings will do that.

The vets will sit through one or two of those and then start faking injury, mild heart attacks, dying fake relatives, whatever it takes to get out of there.

Quote:
The 49ers veterans have been reporting all day, and they've taken a look at the practice schedule. And their jaws have dropped.

"Brutal" is how both Justin Smith and Patrick Willis described it.

Smith said the 49ers will do tackling drills.

"I've never done tackling drills in the NFL," Smith said. "It's back to basics."

Singletary comes from the Mike Ditka-Buddy Ryan school. The 49ers begin practice Saturday and they do not have a scheduled day off leading up to their first exhibition game, Aug. 14 against the Denver Broncos.
link

whoa! if i read correctly we're putting the pads on right away! hope there's no injuries
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He needs an extra day to practice dropping his pants.

In addition, he needs one more day to give the team that stare. Afterwards, they will all become Pro-Bowlers.

Correction. This just in: He needs to take Friday off to go stare at Eugene Parker. Because, as you know, once he stares at you, mountains move, the planets in the Milky Way align, dogs and cats embrace each other, Jews and Muslims begin holding hands. World peace emerges across the globe. At one glance of Singletary, Parker will be having Crabtree work for minimum wage. And then...... Crabtree will really begin to cry.

Why not give him the extra day? The universe is begging for it.

This post just ensures that his position at #1 in the Super Seven can not be overtaken by mere mortals. My compliments on a tremendous post.

When Lord, when...?
Crabtree better not come in cocky after missing all these meetings. First meeting with the whole team started at 7:30 this morning
Share 49ersWebzone