There are 153 users in the forums

Crabtree contract screwing up the top ten?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
A league source tells us that the attempt by agent Eugene Parker to bust the slotting system for receiver Michael Crabtree, the tenth overall pick in the draft, is contributing to the sssslow pace of contracts at the top of the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/crabtree-contract-screwing-up-the-top-ten/

Looks like this dude is gonna miss some practice time.

[ Edited by susweel on Jul 27, 2009 at 17:15:57 ]
If this is true, then Crabtree IS the diva everyone was calling him. We've already lived through one wideout diva, we don't need another one. We have Bruce, Morgan, Brandon Jones, Hill, Battle, and Ziegler. That's a deep group of receivers right there. I hope the Niners play hardball and tell his agent to jump off the GG bridge.
Originally posted by 9erlover:
If this is true, then Crabtree IS the diva everyone was calling him. We've already lived through one wideout diva, we don't need another one. We have Bruce, Morgan, Brandon Jones, Hill, Battle, and Ziegler. That's a deep group of receivers right there. I hope the Niners play hardball and tell his agent to jump off the GG bridge.

The Yorks? Play hardball? You mean, be cheap? Gee, ya THINK?

It's his agents fault
Damn it his agent is gonna mess up a bunch of stuff
His agent is a jackass.
Originally posted by King49er:

It's his agents fault

blame his agent all you want Crabtree is ultimately to blame
The agent sucks! He is going to advise Crabtree to hold out....probably late into training camp or into the season.

It could be a Lost season for him! Crap!
Originally posted by susweel:
A league source tells us that the attempt by agent Eugene Parker to bust the slotting system for receiver Michael Crabtree, the tenth overall pick in the draft, is contributing to the sssslow pace of contracts at the top of the draft.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/post.php?board=main

Might wanna edit that link...
If this keeps St. Louis and Seattle from signing their picks taken ahead of Crabtree, then that's the silver lining.

Originally posted by swim4speed:
The agent sucks! He is going to advise Crabtree to hold out....probably late into training camp or into the season.

It could be a Lost season for him! Crap!

He can advise him all he wants. Crabtree doens't have to listen to him. So everyone blaming the agent needs to open their eyes and realize its Crabtree not his agent
Couldn't agree more, NinerGM. This could be a very disappointing situation for all concerned. At least we are not depending on much from Crabby this season, but it still would be a lousy start for a franchise that needs every bit of fortune it can get. I'm still not gonna assume anything on this contract situation at this point.
Kinda stinks of an injury that might not be right? Trying to get as much cash off the top incase he is a injury bust. Man I hope that isnt the case.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by susweel:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/crabtree-contract-screwing-up-the-top-ten/

Might wanna edit that link...

Done, sorry about that.

[ Edited by susweel on Jul 27, 2009 at 17:18:08 ]
they have to give him # 10 money you dont see the raiders complaing DHB shouldve been drafted 20 s**t happens and you get paid where you are not where you should be
Share 49ersWebzone