LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

49ers full broadcasts of 5 Super Bowls to be released on DVD August 25

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Do you think they'll release more of our greatest games if this sells well? The Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys all have 10 games, if I'm not mistaken. Why can't we? 1981 Chamionship game comes to mind, along with a few others.
Originally posted by SerJerryofRice:
Do you think they'll release more of our greatest games if this sells well? The Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys all have 10 games, if I'm not mistaken. Why can't we? 1981 Chamionship game comes to mind, along with a few others.

Theres alot of games I can think of. Here are a few come to mind.

vs Sains 80 38-35 (Montana's 1st comeback)
vs Cowboys 81 Championship/regualr season matchup 45-17
vs Bengals 87 27-26 (Montana to Rice 2 seconds left)
vs Vikings 88 24-17 (Steve Youngs 49 yard run)
vs Rams 88 24-21 (Roger Craigs run)
vs Giants 88 20-17 (Montana to Rice)
vs Eagles 89 38-28 (Montana comes back in the 4th)
vs Rams 89 30-27 (Taylors 2 90 + TD's)
vs Cowboys 94 38-28 NFC Championship
vs Cowboys 95 38-20 regular season (I love that game with a passion)
vs Bengals 96 28-21 (injured Young leads team comeback victory)
vs Colts 98 34-31 (Young leads team down 21-0)
vs Packers 98 30-27 WildCard
vs Giants 02 39-38 WildCard

Thats all I can think of off memory I want most but I still got a few more. I never wiki'ed those scores or anything like that and I am almost 99.9% sure they are right. Just all based off memory. I would like to see the 1990 NFC Championship (actually featured on NY Giants DVD) game but leave out the 4th quarter or until Marshall hits Montana.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by SerJerryofRice:

Theres alot of games I can think of. Here are a few come to mind.

vs Sains 80 38-35 (Montana's 1st comeback)
vs Cowboys 81 Championship/regualr season matchup 45-17
vs Bengals 87 27-26 (Montana to Rice 2 seconds left)
vs Vikings 88 24-17 (Steve Youngs 49 yard run)
vs Rams 88 24-21 (Roger Craigs run)
vs Giants 88 20-17 (Montana to Rice)
vs Eagles 89 38-28 (Montana comes back in the 4th)
vs Rams 89 30-27 (Taylors 2 90 + TD's)
vs Cowboys 94 38-28 NFC Championship
vs Cowboys 95 38-20 regular season (I love that game with a passion)
vs Bengals 96 28-21 (injured Young leads team comeback victory)
vs Colts 98 34-31 (Young leads team down 21-0)
vs Packers 98 30-27 WildCard
vs Giants 02 39-38 WildCard

Thats all I can think of off memory I want most but I still got a few more. I never wiki'ed those scores or anything like that and I am almost 99.9% sure they are right. Just all based off memory. I would like to see the 1990 NFC Championship (actually featured on NY Giants DVD) game but leave out the 4th quarter or until Marshall hits Montana.

All of those games would be great! I'm sure there's a few more, but any of them would be fantastic to have.

I've considered buying the Giants DVD for that sole reason, maybe because I like pain. Same thing with the playoff loss to the Redskins in '83 and even the playoff losses to the Cowboys in the early 70s (which I've never really seen at all, NFL films or otherwise). Just because we came out on the short end of them doesn't mean they aren't worth watching. Sort of like the ultimate tragedy in that sense. And it's not like we lost a Super Bowl (which I might not be able to tolerate :P).
f**k yea!
im gonna buy it, wish it was on blu-ray though

PS3 can upconvert
too bad they include the playoff games too. There was some pretty dominating playoff games from Mr. Montana. Sometimes only missing 5 passes and he threw them away too. There were some that were over the 1st quarter...
Originally posted by Fhysical:
Blu Ray?

no way
Originally posted by linkboy:
I'm hoping these are the full, actual TV broadcasts, not the NFL films TV broadcasts. I've got a 49ers DVD that said it came with the actual broadcast of the 81 Championship game, but it was the NFL films version with the players cutting in and the radio broadcast.

I want the games as they were shown on TV.

That's my greatest concern too. I've just ordered though.
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
too bad they include the playoff games too. There was some pretty dominating playoff games from Mr. Montana. Sometimes only missing 5 passes and he threw them away too. There were some that were over the 1st quarter...

Still waiting for mine to show up. Should be here any day...

I just received the DVD set the other day (pre ordered from amazon). The 82 Superbowl video is pretty good. The Miami game is not as good. Overall its a good buy.
nm
[ Edited by Moonshae_D on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFrank:
Thank God, my son can't get enough of the 49er complete history DVD. He makes me watch it with him like 3 times a week, I'm really surprised because he's only four years old and the first hour is mostly Black and white...even I get bored watching it sometimes. Now we have some variety to watch.

You're kidding right? Have you SEEN what little kids are watching these days? Be happy that it's not 3 hours straight of that stuff. By about the end of the first hour I'd be ready to poke my eyes out with the end of a rusty wire hanger.

Of course then I would not be able to relive all 5 of these sweet victories on DVD whenever I wanted to. And much like your 4 year old I'd be wearing them out in a day.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
too bad they don't include the playoff games too. There was some pretty dominating playoff games from Mr. Montana. Sometimes only missing 5 passes and he threw them away too. There were some that were over the 1st quarter...

fixt.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Moonshae_D:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I just received the DVD set the other day (pre ordered from amazon). The 82 Superbowl video is pretty good. The Miami game is not as good. Overall its a good buy.

What do you mean by that exactly? Just curious.

The Miami game is kinda murkey, like a VHS tape that was recorded over too many times. I still enjoyed watching it........
Share 49ersWebzone