LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

FrontOffice pulling for Alex

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/26/are-the-49ers-pulling-for-alex-smith/

IF THIS IS TRUE - shame on the frontoffice and the 49ers org if this is the only reason they want Alex to succeed.
This is simply disgusting and disrespectful of the 49er fan base and the game of football. Utterly disappointed. I just hope it's a rumor and nothing more.
God help this team!!!
Wow you sound a little over-dramatic on this approach. I would take a breath and relax. Guess what I read? Shaun Hill, Patrick Willis, and Crabtree have threesomes after practice.....let's believe that as well because it has been put on paper or said. THE BEST MAN WILL WIN. HAVE FAITH MY FAN, don't be so one-sided and put your faith in our great coaching staff and just be a fan. Stress and dramatic post want heal that.
I don't care how or why Alex becomes our starter -- I just hope it happens.
Originally posted by Bleed49ersRED:
Guess what I read? Shaun Hill, Patrick Willis, and Crabtree have threesomes after practice.....let's believe that as well because it has been put on paper or said.

The difference is, you didn't read that anywhere. You came up with that horse sh*t on your own. If you had actually read something as ludicrous as the crap you make up in your head, then you would have a point about not believing everything you read.

When people write things that make a little sense but make our organization look bad, people like yourself are here talking sh*t about whoever said it. But when optimistic views are published that make little sense, people like you love it.

This article actually makes a little sense to those of us who read it without Homervision.
  • bigtime49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
I don't care how or why Alex becomes our starter -- I just hope it happens.

I agree with this
As if on cue, Matt Bowen of the National Football Post writes that everyone in Santa Clara is pulling for Alex Smith to win the starting job this year. By "everyone," I'm guessing Bowen means the 49ers' front office, and in particular GM Scot McCloughan, who, after all, drafted Smith No. 1 overall in 2005.

BeeRows
I just want the best QB to take the starting job. I personally happen to think it's Hill, but I'm not incharge of making the call.
At the same time, after 6 years of failure and disappointments, a logical and smart thing to do is get rid of all the favoritism and the #1 pick and all that crap, and pick the guy who is truly consistent, capable to winning games and has shown the heart that's needed to steer this ship in the right direction. If it's Alex, then let that be shown on the field.
All this pulling for Alex is fine, but where it gets dirty is when it starts to influence the staff. None of them are super-humans, so yes, they might get influenced.
Sadly, this is a business as well, so anything can happen.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I think it would make sense to pull for the guy.

High pick, lots of money.

If he suceeds, front office looks better.

makes sense..

Of course.

They don't want to look like idiots.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I think it would make sense to pull for the guy.

High pick, lots of money.

If he suceeds, front office looks better.

makes sense..

Logic is hard to come by these days, where'd you find some??

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Already posted here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=120230&start=990
Share 49ersWebzone