There are 254 users in the forums

Poll - How will Crab's Contract be resolved?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll - How will Crab's Contract be resolved?

It will end as soon as they get Ronnie Lott to send Crabs his pinky all wrapped up in a gift. That should do the trick.
draft picks should have set salaries based on draft spot. itd be so much easier.

1st overall pick gets 'set amount'. 10 overall pick gets 'set amount'. 192nd overall pick gets 'set amount'

its fair, its easy, holdouts dont happen, its just a better system. only in pro sports do you get hired for a job, and then are able to say "im starting whenever i feel like it and i want this much per hour or i wont be working."

imagine if you said that to an employer. especially right now in this economy.

"we would like to offer you a position here."

'ok, i accept'

"we would like you to start next monday"

'nope. first we talk about my pay. i want 35 bucks an hour, full benefits, 401k, etc. then ill start."

'sorry we dont offer that here, theres plenty of people willing to work for less. goodbye.'
Originally posted by Niners99:
draft picks should have set salaries based on draft spot. itd be so much easier.

1st overall pick gets 'set amount'. 10 overall pick gets 'set amount'. 192nd overall pick gets 'set amount'

its fair, its easy, holdouts dont happen, its just a better system. only in pro sports do you get hired for a job, and then are able to say "im starting whenever i feel like it and i want this much per hour or i wont be working."

imagine if you said that to an employer. especially right now in this economy.

"we would like to offer you a position here."

'ok, i accept'

"we would like you to start next monday"

'nope. first we talk about my pay. i want 35 bucks an hour, full benefits, 401k, etc. then ill start."

'sorry we dont offer that here, theres plenty of people willing to work for less. goodbye.'

ahh but if ur the top talent that plenty of companies want then you can really state what salary etc you want. if there were plenty of people with even skills then yeh leverage to demand is alot less.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Bottom line, hes in control..not his agent.

I don't think you understand how NFL players do business because.... they don't do business. They hire agents to do that. Agents are the ones who do the negotiating and whether you like to believe it or not, THEY are in control a lot more than you think.

lol had to get a little dig in didnt you. haha its all good. I never said he does the buisness side of it. I did say hes in control. Which is completely true. If Crabtree instructed his agent to hammer out a contract and get him to Training camp no matter what, his agent would have no choice but to compromise.

All players are in complete control unless they give all control to their agent. It is always up to the player. If Crabtree wants to be at camp on time then he will. The blame if you want to call it that goes to Crabtree. You are correct, the agent would have no choice.
Originally posted by NinersCluebat:
I do not know how the issue will be resolved all I know is that rookie wideouts historically take a while to get going in pro-offenses and if he is not in camp then it will hurt his development and the team.

exactly. i mean, i chose the third choice, but judging from WR's histories, they take a lot longer. but never fear, the niners have a great history of signing draft picks.
Since Paraag Marathe has been negotiating contracts with draftees, I believe we've had all picks signed and in on the first day of camp.

I'd like to think that he'll continue the streak with Crabtree, regardless of the agent.

If Crabtree holds out, though, Singletary will make him wish he'd taken up basketball instead of football after high school.

what about Coffee?
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I really don't care if he holds out - he'll be just damaging himself. We have good receivers to start the season - he wasn't going to start anyway.

I don't like players that think they deserve something before they have proved anything at all -- he hasn't even shown anything in off season work-outs.

The only problem is that if he holds out through camp he'll be so far behind he'll probably won't play hardly at all this year - and that is a waste of contract money too!

well put!!!
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Since Paraag Marathe has been negotiating contracts with draftees, I believe we've had all picks signed and in on the first day of camp.

I'd like to think that he'll continue the streak with Crabtree, regardless of the agent.

If Crabtree holds out, though, Singletary will make him wish he'd taken up basketball instead of football after high school.

yeah but eugen parker is a cut throat agent. most of his guys hold out
Share 49ersWebzone