LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

What Can We Expect from Jimmy Raye's Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Good God...when did Niner fans become such defeatist pussies?Some of you guys are just freaking ridiculous with your doom and gloom crap.I do not think we are gonna be great this year,but try to have just a little faith...this is getting ridiculous.We haven't played one freaking snap and already some of you are giving up the season for lost.Not one person on this whole forum knows how this year is gonna play out but would it kill you guys to try to believe that we will be at least as good as last year?We got rid of Martz,JTO and Nolan,that should be reason enough to be a little optimistic.

Hey, Slick, I do not appreciate the personal attacks on my fellow 49er fans. You want faith? How about this; I have faith that Shanahan will get this turned around after this season is finally over. I also have faith that Holmgren could get the job done if we begged him to take our money. I also have faith that Gruden could come in and actually run a professional training camp for us. There is actually a tremendous amount to believe in. We just need to give it a year.

you really know what you're talking about don't ya....

Thank you. I am very knowledgeable. I just don't know why the original poster was yelling at fellow 49er fans.

Do us all a favor singfan. When the 49ers don't fire Singletary after this season, and some team hires Shanahan, go be a fan of that team. That is all.
  • ZRF80
Good God...when did Niner fans become such defeatist pussies?Some of you guys are just freaking ridiculous with your doom and gloom crap.I do not think we are gonna be great this year,but try to have just a little faith...this is getting ridiculous.We haven't played one freaking snap and already some of you are giving up the season for lost.Not one person on this whole forum knows how this year is gonna play out but would it kill you guys to try to believe that we will be at least as good as last year?We got rid of Martz,JTO and Nolan,that should be reason enough to be a little optimistic.

Faith ? Let me ask you..was this the same "faith" you were touting when we ousted Steve Mariucci, cut ties with Jeff Garcia, let Garrison Hearst rot, and turned our back to our best defensive player (JPetterson) ? Was it "faith" when we let Alex Smith ruin what could have been 3 productive years....years that produced a career year for Frank Gore ? Is it "faith" when people like you shout above your lungs at the start of each and every season that the Niners are a FORCE to be reckoned with, and all the naysayers of this world (including former NFL players and critics) that rank our team at the bottom of this league dont know "s**t" about football ?

You may call it "faith", my friend......I call it ignorance. We've seen this movie before. Hiring of a new OC........especially one that does NOT have a proven track record; having a coach that seems to be the real deal, but ends up having a dud; trying to look at the bright side of having Alex Smith and "believing" that one day he may actually learn how to throw a pass.

Its a sad story.........this isnt faith...this is the Niner faithful becoming accustomed to mediocrity. "Faith".................what a joke.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Hey, Slick, I do not appreciate the personal attacks on my fellow 49er fans. You want faith? How about this; I have faith that Shanahan will get this turned around after this season is finally over. I also have faith that Holmgren could get the job done if we begged him to take our money. I also have faith that Gruden could come in and actually run a professional training camp for us. There is actually a tremendous amount to believe in. We just need to give it a year.

Thank you. I am very knowledgeable. I just don't know why the original poster was yelling at fellow 49er fans.

Do us all a favor singfan. When the 49ers don't fire Singletary after this season, and some team hires Shanahan, go be a fan of that team. That is all.

I predict Shanahan will named HC of the Redskins by Jan 5th 2010.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I predict Shanahan will named HC of the Redskins by Jan 5th 2010.

Can we get back on the subject at hand? Who gives a s**t where Mike Shanahan goes! I mean I like the man, bit IT WON'T BE THE 49ERS!!! So get over it! Coach Singletary is here now, and I think he will do a great job with this team. If you don't like Coach Singletary... then find a new team people.

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 3, 2009 at 19:25:25 ]

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
If Hill is named as the starter, a challenge for Raye is keeping the DB's from crowding in. We'll really need Davis to dominate LB with YAC's, because I don't think Hill will be stretching the field.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Cool it, fellas. No need to get all hot and bothered. Let's get back to what we can expect from Raye's offense.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Faith ? Let me ask you..was this the same "faith" you were touting when we ousted Steve Mariucci, cut ties with Jeff Garcia, let Garrison Hearst rot, and turned our back to our best defensive player (JPetterson) ? Was it "faith" when we let Alex Smith ruin what could have been 3 productive years....years that produced a career year for Frank Gore ? Is it "faith" when people like you shout above your lungs at the start of each and every season that the Niners are a FORCE to be reckoned with, and all the naysayers of this world (including former NFL players and critics) that rank our team at the bottom of this league dont know "s**t" about football ?

You may call it "faith", my friend......I call it ignorance. We've seen this movie before. Hiring of a new OC........especially one that does NOT have a proven track record; having a coach that seems to be the real deal, but ends up having a dud; trying to look at the bright side of having Alex Smith and "believing" that one day he may actually learn how to throw a pass.

Its a sad story.........this isnt faith...this is the Niner faithful becoming accustomed to mediocrity. "Faith".................what a joke.

Some of us want to talk football; you want to rehash old news.

Some of us want the Niners to succeed; you want to live in the past.

Some of us want to know what happened in today's practice session; you apparently don't know and don't care.

You seem more interested in impressing us with your "ennui" and supercilious attitude.

You think you've "seen this movie before?"

It's not the same movie.

Different cast, no longer starring Mike Nowin. Different plot, too, especially on defense, where we will no longer hear about the "Big Nickel." (No, that has nothing to do with the economy.)

And you're calling us "ignorant?"

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Aug 3, 2009 at 20:50:21 ]
I don't even know why you guys are trying to call this "Jimmy Raye's Offense." It became pretty damn clear when Sing couldn't find a decent candidate to come run the offense that he had intentions on influencing how things were going to be handled. Raye was, basically,the last choice. He was the only option. We scooped up a guy that hasn't really called a game since he helped get Marty fired in Washington. Yes, that was a long time ago. He has been sleeping on active duty. He was pension material. Shoot, he was past pension material. So, in short, my expectations for Sing's offense really are not that high. I like having Sing around for pre-game pep talks, not running the offense, the defense, or the team.
I don't even know why you guys are trying to call this "Jimmy Raye's Offense." It became pretty damn clear when Sing couldn't find a decent candidate to come run the offense that he had intentions on influencing how things were going to be handled. Raye was, basically,the last choice. He was the only option. We scooped up a guy that hasn't really called a game since he helped get Marty fired in Washington. Yes, that was a long time ago. He has been sleeping on active duty. He was pension material. Shoot, he was past pension material. So, in short, my expectations for Sing's offense really are not that high. I like having Sing around for pre-game pep talks, not running the offense, the defense, or the team.

so what else should we know since it seems like you were in the meeting, when Singletary decided on Raye? Seriously, what else was talked about?

Originally posted by kidash98:

so what else should we know since it seems like you were in the meeting, when Singletary decided on Raye? Seriously, what else was talked about?

Yes I wanna hear as well lol

Get em kid lol
Jk
Judging from what the matts are saying rayes offense has a lot of short passes and some misdirection plays and some runs to the outside also, but he is still going to let our explosive players like morgan and jones go deep. i like it. supposedly hes also found ways to get davis open in those short to intermediate areas, something martz and hos failed to do. they both say the practices look better than when nowin was here. i like it.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Judging from what the matts are saying rayes offense has a lot of short passes and some misdirection plays and some runs to the outside also, but he is still going to let our explosive players like morgan and jones go deep. i like it. supposedly hes also found ways to get davis open in those short to intermediate areas, something martz and hos failed to do. they both say the practices look better than when nowin was here. i like it.

Yup I agree man sounds like things are llokin good man! And if camp keeps going the way it is ya coulda kept your handle smith2davis lol but willisthewall is pimp s**t man ha ha

Sounds like we have a good strong camp in play!

With out crabs, n yet rjf gets a staff infection! In miami, glad it wasn't in camp.

Even tho it just started a couple days ago the guys are putting in some good work!

Hope lawson has a break thru as well this yr.

As far as positions may the best man win, and may the 2nd stringers be ready to take the load come their oppurtunitys f**k yeah this yr is gonna be aaaiiiggghht man!
Originally posted by kidash98:

Still no response?

No link?

So this post was just one of those intended to incite and anger the rest of us without any basis in fact?

One posted despite a warning from a mod to "cool it" in this thread?

I will sum up Raye's/Singletary's offense:

1. Get the damn ball to the best players on offense more than getting them to the average players on offense.

2. Keep the defense on it's heals by spreading the ball around.

3. Run the damn ball whenever we damn well feel like it.
Share 49ersWebzone