LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

What Can We Expect from Jimmy Raye's Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I expect this offense to surprise everyone who thinks we will just run, run, pass and punt
expect domination
  • ZRF80
Hostler Part II.

Very little experience. Pick of a "Nolan guy" (eg Singletary). Trying to change the ENTIRE 49er offensive philosophy yet again.

Its going to be ugly folks. Raye will be out by season's end; Singletary by year 2. Lets hope Holmgren is still around in 2011.....
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Hostler Part II.

Very little experience. Pick of a "Nolan guy" (eg Singletary). Trying to change the ENTIRE 49er offensive philosophy yet again.

Its going to be ugly folks. Raye will be out by season's end; Singletary by year 2. Lets hope Holmgren is still around in 2011.....

That's a really positive outlook you have there dude!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Hostler Part II.

That's a really positive outlook you have there dude!

What do you expect Pat its Niner Talk?

Hostler Part II.

You and SanDiego should get together and have a beer.
Originally posted by backontop:
I know what I am expecting and it is going to look like this

run-run-pass(Touchdown!)
run-run(touchdown!)
Pass-run(touchdown!)

We need more positivity around here.
Hostler Part II.

We have an OC that has been in the league for many years running the digit system that Norv Turner ran here in 06...you might want to do a little research before you post.The ugliest thing is the conjecture you just tried to pass off as fact.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hostler Part II.

We have an OC that has been in the league for many years running the digit system that Norv Turner ran here in 06...you might want to do a little research before you post.The ugliest thing is the conjecture you just tried to pass off as fact.

Yeah Memphis pointed out the obvious flaw in your logic. No research.

1. Raye has been an OC several times.
2. As mentioned, he's running Turner's digit system which is familiar to most players from '06.

Experience is exactly what he doesn't lack. The questionable part is his track record. He has some bright spots (Gonzalez in KC, RB coach to Thomas Jones last year who led AFC in rushing). That coupled with our talent and Singletary being the final play caller is what I'm banking my hope on.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by backontop:
I know what I am expecting and it is going to look like this

run-run-pass(Touchdown!)
run-run(touchdown!)
Pass-run(touchdown!)

We need more positivity around here.

Damn rite we do!

Originally posted by reasonable1:
My honest hope is that Raye can be to the 49ers offense what Jim Johnson has been to the Eagles defense.

Two guys, who are great assistants and prefer it to stay that way, that are good on their own side of the ball and are allowed the stability to let it materialize. I think Raye could really get thru to these young guys because of A) the respect and authority Singletary has given him and B) the fact that the man has been around in the NFL longer than most of them have been alive...so in many ways you have no choice but to respect what he is telling you.

It could have a lot of perks but I predict a little bumpiness to start, though not very long.

Hey as long as he chews up the clock understands and knows that you have to score more than 10 14 points per game to win consistantly I am good!
Originally posted by Sugatis:
My honest hope is that Raye can be to the 49ers offense what Jim Johnson has been to the Eagles defense.

Two guys, who are great assistants and prefer it to stay that way, that are good on their own side of the ball and are allowed the stability to let it materialize. I think Raye could really get thru to these young guys because of A) the respect and authority Singletary has given him and B) the fact that the man has been around in the NFL longer than most of them have been alive...so in many ways you have no choice but to respect what he is telling you.

It could have a lot of perks but I predict a little bumpiness to start, though not very long.

Hey as long as he chews up the clock understands and knows that you have to score more than 10 14 points per game to win consistantly I am good!

Yes and don't give the game away too.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Sugatis:

Yes and don't give the game away too.

Yup lets not play prevent defense for 3 and 1/2 quarters!
120 rushing yards. 110 passing yards. 2 ints a game 32 ranked offense and 12 losses
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
120 rushing yards. 110 passing yards. 2 ints a game 32 ranked offense and 12 losses

I agree....

but what if Hill is the starting QB?
Share 49ersWebzone