LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

What Can We Expect from Jimmy Raye's Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jones49:
Lets hope he's kicked the sleeping at team meetings habit.

Lmao, this is great.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:

Lmao, this is great.

Im sure he has more excitement and a challenge coming to the niners! He knew that mangini was gonna have favre slinging the rock like crazy! And I mean he is favre! The only downfall is favre takes risks and throws ints! He is a old vet and I would assume he is stuck in his own ways. I mean he wouldn't sit with the team and sucluded himself from the very people ya are suppose to know like the back of your hand, favre that is.

Our oc will be awake, least I hope so! That's a funny pic
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A

He was napping because Philly was BORING! The "adrenaline rush" of the 49er's running game, and high energy shock and awe YAC's, will keep him awake and fresh. My prayer is that he'll hold up under all of the excitement!
I just hope he is not so conservative that its obvious and annoying. (cough, cough....Nolan) Trust your players and let them play!!!
I believe it will be like the bears with payton, and the gault with a little west coast in that the tight end will hit the seams and the full back or RB as the saftey valves. Plus a little trick play here and there ala last years dolphins. However, don't expect to see any of it in preseason, in pre its about what players can do in a vanilla setting.
Quote:
--Quarterback Shaun Hill cited two areas in which he greatly prefers Jimmy Raye's offense to the one Mike Martz installed with the 49ers last year. 1) Quarterbacks have the freedom - and the responsibility - to call audibles at the line of scrimmage to get out of "bad plays." Last year, Martz's system had adjustments built into the scheme and no audibles were used. 2) "Less volume and more perfection." Hill said the 49ers have fewer plays in the playbook and there is more of an emphasis on perfecting those plays.

Matt Maiocco's Blog (07/28)
Quote:
Singletary, beginning his first full season as head coach after taking over for the fired Mike Nolan last October, is overhauling the 49ers’ offense with a philosophy heavily committed to the running game. San Francisco went 7-9 last season and scored only 339 points.

“We made no secrets we’re going to be a running team,” Staley said. “It’s not a boring playbook at all. I think we’re going to be a very balanced offense.”

49ers Prepare for an Intense Camp
I know what I am expecting and it is going to look like this

run-run-pass(Touchdown!)
run-run(touchdown!)
Pass-run(touchdown!)
i just hope he's good because if he is he can be like our version of Tom Moore from the Colts. he was with them for years and helped develop peyton manning and the stability on offense is a good thing. if he proves capable he will be with us for a while because if he wanted to he wouldve been a HC before and he's probably too old to want to be a HC right now anyway

What I expect to see is a balanced offense that makes use of the strengths of our roster,a concept lost on the "offensive genius" we had last year.
Run, Run, Pass. Run, Run, Pass.
Gore and Davis should have a big year in this attack, hopefully Raye will find a way to spread the ball around and use all the weapons on offense, theres a lot of talent at WR and I'm hoping we develop a lethal passing attack
Ray is a huge Question mark... if he can get Gore and Vernon going i will be very excited.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
--Quarterback Shaun Hill cited two areas in which he greatly prefers Jimmy Raye's offense to the one Mike Martz installed with the 49ers last year. 1) Quarterbacks have the freedom - and the responsibility - to call audibles at the line of scrimmage to get out of "bad plays." Last year, Martz's system had adjustments built into the scheme and no audibles were used. 2) "Less volume and more perfection." Hill said the 49ers have fewer plays in the playbook and there is more of an emphasis on perfecting those plays.

Matt Maiocco's Blog (07/28)

LOVING THE SOUND OF THIS!!! we have player makers....talented athletic personal on offense.....fewer plays to go over in practice and spend more time perfecting the plays we do have.......just let their talent set this offense

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 31, 2009 at 18:38:33 ]
Share 49ersWebzone