LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

IWAS's Old School 9er pics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've recently scoured many, many boxes of photographs at my dad's house for the last few days. Now that I'm home, I will be scanning in and posting them, one at a time.

This is at Kezar, in the summer of '78, either Team Photo Day, Family Day, or just a camp open to the public. (IWAS 7 years old). If you look closely, in his hands you will see him holding a stack of 3 x 5 cards. When asked for an autograph, he merely handed out a rubber-stamped card. I haven't seen my copy, but I expect that my dad has it, somewhere, in one of his fire-proof safes.

(I'm 95% sure that the elbow belongs to rookie QB [and San Jose State product] Steve DeBerg. Since this is the summer of '78, he had yet to throw an NFL pass when this pic was taken.

December 15, 1973, John Brodie's last game. He was 6 for 12, 79 yards, and two INTs.
My dad, and his best friend (both Mtn. View firemen at the time) snuck onto the field by displaying their parking passes, as if it were an all-access field pass. (A trick they pulled off repeatedly. )
Wow awesome!!! Thank you for sharing!! Before my time for sure but I love em all. Were these taken by your dad on the field or what?

#64 Dave HOF Wilcox, #70 Charlie Kruger, #32 Mel Phillups, Brodie, #_2 ? , #82 Ted Kwalick, #40 Ken Willard, #76 Len Rhode

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/1973_roster.htm
Originally posted by Giggiddy:
Wow awesome!!! Thank you for sharing!! Before my time for sure but I love em all. Were these taken by your dad on the field or what?

I'm more thrilled to be able to share them than you are to view them, but you're very welcome. And, yes, Pops snuck on to the field repeatedly back in the day.

wow
thanks man that's the kind of stuff i like to see at the webzone
this easily beats all the offseason thread shlts that are just boring to read

Gene Washington 4-time Pro Bowler, 3-time All Pro.
Dude, these are awesome and you're sitting on what's basically a gold mine. Thank you for posting these.

To many people fail to realize that the 49ers have a history that predates 1982.
I will never find a picture of myself that means more to me.

Dad

My brother and I with Steve Spurrier.
Share 49ersWebzone