LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

IWAS's Old School 9er pics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
Best thread ever.
Awesome photos man, its like going back in time. Very cool
Thank you very, very much it brought a lot of memories (and a few tears to my eyes) back of my brother, father and I going to games at Kezar, Candlestick, going to Rocklin, San Jose State (the OJ Years) and Stockton for training camp.
Amazing pics... It's crazy that Candlestick looks exactly the same now as it did back then. Just a little outdated.
Thanks IWAS, those are AWESOME, I looked at every single picture you posted
With all the locked threads on the 1st page, I gotta' something legit, right?

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

(Inside right)

Gotta' love Eddie D!

this pic takes me back to when I attended Spring Valley Elementary School here in S.F.

My teacher had this pic in her class.....and I use to just stare at it every single day, as well as practicing to memorize every single player name and #.
Thank you so much for the time to post this thread and pictures. I'm a miserable person and this got me choked up seeing the Brodie pictures. That's what got me hooked on the 49ers. Brodie shook my hand when he was in NY back in early 70's and I was hooked on Niners and dropped the family team of the Giants. Kudos. Great stuff.
Originally posted by jogr49:
Thank you so much for the time to post this thread and pictures. I'm a miserable person and this got me choked up seeing the Brodie pictures. That's what got me hooked on the 49ers. Brodie shook my hand when he was in NY back in early 70's and I was hooked on Niners and dropped the family team of the Giants. Kudos. Great stuff.

Right on. Glad you enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
  • ZRF80
Absolutely amazing, brother. Coming from a guy that has lived on the East Coast my entire life, I am insanely jealous of all you fans that get to see the Niners up close. It makes it even more special to see fans like yourself practically grow up with the Niners. Great pics; thanks for sharing.

Just reminds me of some of the reasons I joined this board a few years back. Quality threads like this one.

Rock on, brother............

Walsh and my dad at Kezar. Summer of 1979!

F ing awesome.
Great pictures.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Absolutely amazing, brother. Coming from a guy that has lived on the East Coast my entire life, I am insanely jealous of all you fans that get to see the Niners up close. It makes it even more special to see fans like yourself practically grow up with the Niners. Great pics; thanks for sharing.

Just reminds me of some of the reasons I joined this board a few years back. Quality threads like this one.

Rock on, brother............

Originally posted by Angryninerfan:
Walsh and my dad at Kezar. Summer of 1979!

F ing awesome.

There's a pic from this day, where my dad is standing next to Joe, looking just like this:

No 9ers fans were around Joe that day, since he was a skinny draft pic, but we're Notre Dame fans, so pops was stoked to me him. I can't find the pic, but there's a poster-sized blow-up that Joe signed ,hanging in Dad's pool room. I'll have to photograph the photograph one day.
Thank you sooooo much for the pics man... you have no idea what I would give to grow up in those days and be apart of the "Glory Years" and be around the players. Sometimes I can just close my eyes and think about it real hard and I imagine myself growing up around that time and being apart of something that great. Did you relize it was something that special at the time or did you just enjoy the moments as they came and past and didnt relize it when after a few years past. I gotta fly out to SF VERY VERY soon within the next year or two. I just cant afford it and I want the time to be right. Once again thanks alot the pics mean more to me than you think bc I have alot of respect in history of the NFL in general (especially my team).
One thing that stands out is how different pro athletes look today
Share 49ersWebzone