LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Niners vs Cowsucks, attend or miss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am going to be there too. Anytime 49ers come to Dallas I am there. I got my ticket off stubhub back in April, end zone seats 1st level at $59. People will unload preseason games' tickets at cheaper prices. I am also going to the Houston game too.
BTW, I like to call them the Dallas cowcraps.

[ Edited by Jamespowers on Jul 26, 2009 at 13:44:52 ]
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by zozell:
cowsucks? lmao

i like cowgirls better

"cowsucks" doesnt even make sense...

hey guys lets go to the 49ers vs. Falsucks game....wtf?
Good rivalries are fun all the time. The Raiders, Niners preseason games are fun to go to. Although, that's mostly because it's a totally mixed up 50/50 split between the fan bases, so half the stadium is cheering after every play. I've even seen couples, each wearing a different teams gear.

Probably won't be that many 9er fans in Dallas, but it will be fun to go and represent. And since it's a preseason game, it's unlikely anyone will be pissed off enough to fight you when we thrash them.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by manzano16:
If you have to choose between the two, go to the Texans game. But I live down the street from the new Cowboy stadium and it does look freaking awesome.

I wonder if they'd let you go in and tour it without having to pay to go to a whack ass Cowboy game..

Knowing Jerry Jones, I doubt there's anything free.
Originally posted by zozell:
cowsucks? lmao

i know right creativity fail
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Good rivalries are fun all the time. The Raiders, Niners preseason games are fun to go to. Although, that's mostly because it's a totally mixed up 50/50 split between the fan bases, so half the stadium is cheering after every play. I've even seen couples, each wearing a different teams gear.

Probably won't be that many 9er fans in Dallas, but it will be fun to go and represent. And since it's a preseason game, it's unlikely anyone will be pissed off enough to fight you when we thrash them.

there was some "thrashin" at the oakland vs. niner pre-season game... i was there
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:
Hi there. I've never been to an NFL game and was thinking that if the opportunity to go to the pre-season 49er vs Cowboy game presented itself, would it be worth it?

Most everyone tells me that pre-season games aren't that great at all, but I really would like to see us thrash those b*****ds and since we don't get our hands on them in the regular season then this is about as good as it is going to get.

I also hear that it isn't all that great to watch the games live and the only professional sport I have seen live was the Astros play the Pirates like 4 years ago and wasn't too thrilled about the seats I got (8 dollar seats = crappy view)... How much do you guys think I would have to dish out to get some good mid-field seats (as much as it pains me to give Jerry Jones some money)?

I am also interested in going to the Texans vs 49ers game in October, that sounds like a better idea, but I am a bit indecisive...

Any (constructive) opinions?

my opinion, if you are a fan of the team, you take the opportunity anytime it presents itself. i live in az, there is no way i miss out when they play here. conversely, i try to see them up in sf once a year as well if its something that i can pull off, last year i went up there twice(once with my 5 year old son at his first niner game at candlestick, try beating that as a father, he loved it and cheered his end off).

point being, if they are playing at your doorstep, to me, thats a no brainer, question shouldnt have even been asked. only thing i could see detrimental to it all is the ticket cost. i was watching a soccer match in that stadium today on tv and was frankly wowed at how nice the stadium looked to the point i started googling to just read up more info on how the stadium is. in the process of doing so, they clearly intend to be the yankees of the nfl in that they are going to charge a arm and a leg to watch games there. read one line where premium parking is 75$ a game. can only imagine what the cowboys/yankee type markup is going to be for a game not to mention the whole, 'its a new stadium in the first year' ebay/scalper market effect will be. cards traditionally suck yet its not cheap seeing games here either, the whole 'scottsdale gold digging bleep effect of the mom/wife who wants to go to be seen because its been decided its the in thing to do has clearly markuped up prices on the non face value market...

my best guess...you will have to go on the scalper/ebay market as i bet face value tickets are sold out. to sit mid level, i am guessing 100 a ticket at the cheapest, plus apparently some inflated parking...more realistically, to sit mid level, you'll be lucky to get 150-250 in my opinion....you are going to need a few hundred bucks for sure...when we come to sf, we try to sit, niner side bench, row 5-10 and at the expensive end have spent 400-500 a ticket for the rice retirement game, on the cheap end 250$, all this for a team, lets admit has, has sucked for years on end.

that said, watching nfl and more importantly, the niners, live is just awesome. i been averaging two games a season last few years and i mostly have loved it. not gonna go up to sf this year unless they breakout going gangbusters recordwise cuz frankly both games i saw up in sf last year, it was the first games up there i have ever seen to where apathy looked to have set in to the fan base. everytime i had gone before there was that electric feel to it but i went to the opener last year and fans never got into it, it was relatively quiet. went to the rams game later int he year and while we won that one, it still felt like fans were just finishing out the season, still didnt have that intensity it seemed to have had in years prior.

all said and done, have it be financial reasons that keep you from not going...everything else is not much a issue at all and shouldnt be considered...its the niners, if you can go, you gotta go watch....
Check ebay for some decent deals on the 49ers vs Cowpukes preseason game. You can definitely get a ticket for under $100 depending on where you want to sit. I saw corner endzones tickets on ebay going for about $75 each.

If you look for seats on stubhub don't forget the fees they tack on.

When the 49ers came to Dallas in the summer of 2006 I bought 50 yardline seats two rows directly behind the 49ers bench. Those seats had a face value of $100. I paid face value plus stubhub fees. Seats in that same area at the new cowpukes stadium have a face value of $340 each !!!!

The good news is that seats in the endzone at the Pukes stadium are only $89 each.

The Cowpukes have an interactive seating chart which shows the prices etc.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets/newstadiumReservedInteractiveMap.cfm

The game I saw in 2006 was nearly a packed house in that crappy stadium. It took nearly two hours to get out of the parking lot after the game. I mention it because the 49ers vs dallas game will be THE FIRST NFL GAME ever played at the Cowpukes new stadium (The Pukes first two preseason games are away games). So expect a sellout crowd and insane traffic afterwords. Did I mention that Parking is $40.00

Btw: I will be sitting 2nd row at the 35 yardline on the visitors side when the 49ers come to Dallas.

The October game against the Texans in Houston will be a road trip for me and my brothers(4 or 5 hour drive).

[ Edited by nflguy49 on Jul 27, 2009 at 00:29:45 ]
the cowstinks
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by manzano16:
If you have to choose between the two, go to the Texans game. But I live down the street from the new Cowboy stadium and it does look freaking awesome.

I wonder if they'd let you go in and tour it without having to pay to go to a whack ass Cowboy game..

I had to look into it, and it's $15 a person to see the empty stadium!

Link: Cowboys Stadium Tours

Eff yeah its worth it. Id go if I was down there. Get to see our 9ers destroy those Cowgirls in their Awesome new stadium. Eff yeah....u should go!!
Share 49ersWebzone