LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

ESPN's Mike Sando Takes a Look Back at the 2008 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow, I never knew Morgan had 16 YPC.

All in all, I agree with the assessment. Balmer needs to get it going.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow, I never knew Morgan had 16 YPC.

All in all, I agree with the assessment. Balmer needs to get it going.

-9fA

give him time. he's just very raw and needs to work on his technique. however he is a very hard worker.
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Nice read. It's about time something good comes from an ESPN writer. LOL.

I think Morgan will have a solid year.

Sando is the NFC West blogger for ESPN. He's done a great job of covering us and has been more than fair so far, IMO.

he seems to be in love with the seagulls though

yeah, that's who he covered before getting this gig.

that said, I do agree that they'll be much better this year, so I think it's somewhat warranted. if he keeps it up after they've tanked again then I'll be a lot more pessimistic about him.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
While most of us agree on Morgan's analysis I think Chris Long has the most to prove considering how high he was drafted. Balmer will never get a lot attention or recognition because of his position even he play a lot better this year.

I agree with that quote, especially considering he was almost the 1st pick in the draft. Not sure how they picked Balmer ahead of Long? 3-4 ends compared to 4-3 ends should have a significant difference in statistics that columnists such as Mike Sando can "assess"
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
While most of us agree on Morgan's analysis I think Chris Long has the most to prove considering how high he was drafted. Balmer will never get a lot attention or recognition because of his position even he play a lot better this year.

I agree with that quote, especially considering he was almost the 1st pick in the draft. Not sure how they picked Balmer ahead of Long? 3-4 ends compared to 4-3 ends should have a significant difference in statistics that columnists such as Mike Sando can "assess"

Not to mention his last name he has to live up to.
Cody Wallace didn't make best value??????

I want a recount.
Share 49ersWebzone