Originally posted by jones49:
Mguess:

Gore- 1200
Coffee- 600

pretty close to what id say.

i think:

gore: 1400
coffee: 400

BurritoSmuggler's prediction is identical to mine.

1800yds is a good guess imo. The reason I give Coffee 600 of it is because he's younger, has fresher legs, and based on history Gore will probably miss a couple games. If we can get 1800yds from those 2 we should be allright.
I don't see Gore staying healthy for 16 games. So, I say that he will have 1,300 at best.
Gore has stated that he is in the best shape of his life. 1500 yards for him and 500 for Coffee is realistic. I would be very happy with those numbers.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
1000 by the skin of his @ss. Wont have more than 4yd a carry. He plays like a girl when they fall behind. All that money he got so he doesnt want to play hard. Kevan Barlow pt2.
Exactly, and considering he was a non-factor in most games along with being good for at least one fumble/turnover or other costly mistake per game, the question SHOULD be how many TDs will he get since that's faaar more important than yds.

you guys are going to rip our best offensive player after hd played with a badly sprained ankle and a concussion the 2nd half the season. you want to call tgat barlow pt2? did you even watch the games he missed? our offense stalled out badly. and if we had given him the ball at the end of the eagles game and those other close games we lost wed have 2 more wins easy. and if your punkass guy martz hadnt cut big mo for wackass keasey he wouldve had more tds too but as usual you manage to absolve him of any blame.

Yeah, I'm going to rip him b/c a sprained ankle doesn't typically result in the butterfingers he's developed. He is not our best player anymore -- at least he wasn't last year. Hill and Bruce were clearly the offensive bright spots last season, NOT Gore. Gore had his chances to score and be productive but instead became good for at least one fumble or other costly mistake per game.

I love having Gore as much as any niner fan and still think he's a great player but he is no longer an elite back and he was not the best player last year. This isn't 2006 so get over it. I also don't care how many yards he gets b/c his redzone production is becoming increasingly pathetic. I'm far more concerned with how many TDs he gets b/c that's what will help the team - not yds between the 20's. With MS's run-first philosophy, he'll supposedly get his chances so there isn't going to be anymore excuses if he stinks it up again.
[ Edited by Sabrason on Jul 23, 2009 at 7:44 PM ]
The lack of red zone touchdowns falls squarely on Martz shoulders he couldnt call a creative play to save his life. All he called was I formation and lets all guess a dive up the middle. Wow what a great call great blocking scheme or I guess Martz didnt make those calls . Bottom line is the cordinator failed along with the blocking.
The Martz "nut-riders" cry big wet tears over the bad deal JTO got - "It was all about the protection" they whine.

But Frank Gore's bad ankle? Nah, that's just an excuse. Are these Martz "nut-riders" serious? I hope not, because if they really are serious, they're more stupid than I thought and I already have a very, very low opinion on the level of their intelligence.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
5000! And 100 Touchdowns
Stay optimistic Gore will stay healthy and wont have to carry the offense because we have other weapons as well... dont get me wrong thou he will get his carries lol
I don't care how many yards he rushes for, as long as he makes the ProBowl, which he will.

But for the hell of it: 1250 rushing, 435 receiving

I can't understand how anyone could hate on Gore. I see several reason why he will be successful next season. (pending no injuries)

1. No more Nolan

2. Norv Turner style offense

3. O-Line could be one of the best units seen in quite some time (? RT production)

4. WR threats. Bruce, Morgan, Hill, and even Zigler are productive. Now we added MC to the mix. If we can generate some passing offense then opposing D's can't continue to put 7 to 8 guys in the box.

5. Even with the crap teams in years past Gore as still produced three consecutive 1000+ yd seasons.

Go Niners!

[ Edited by mavfd9er on Jul 25, 2009 at 00:56:42 ]
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
The Martz "nut-riders" cry big wet tears over the bad deal JTO got - "It was all about the protection" they whine. But Frank Gore's bad ankle? Nah, that's just an excuse. Are these Martz "nut-riders" serious? I hope not, because if they really are serious, they're more stupid than I thought and I already have a very, very low opinion on the level of their intelligence.

cosigned. their arguments dont even make sense. gores ankle is an excuse, alexs shoulder is an excuse, and they get dissed but jto gets all of his and martzs problems blamed on the ol, or a reciever ram the wrong route but they played on exact same teams and its excuses for gore? gores red zone production sucked because every time the team got there, JTO GAVE THE DAMN BALL AWAY.
The Martz "nut-riders" cry big wet tears over the bad deal JTO got - "It was all about the protection" they whine. But Frank Gore's bad ankle? Nah, that's just an excuse. Are these Martz "nut-riders" serious? I hope not, because if they really are serious, they're more stupid than I thought and I already have a very, very low opinion on the level of their intelligence.

cosigned. their arguments dont even make sense. gores ankle is an excuse, alexs shoulder is an excuse, and they get dissed but jto gets all of his and martzs problems blamed on the ol, or a reciever ram the wrong route but they played on exact same teams and its excuses for gore? gores red zone production sucked because every time the team got there, JTO GAVE THE DAMN BALL AWAY.

And I also like "the reciever ram the wrong route" line. If you meant to say that, even if you didn't, that was great.

• Dino
  • Veteran

ish
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
And I also like "the reciever ram the wrong route" line. If you meant to say that, even if you didn't, that was great.

lol thanks man. and yea i have really heard that excuse for jto, that his ints were because the reciever ran a wrong route. funny how that stopped happening with hill as qb, even though "he couldnt command the offense like jto"...
Share 49ersWebzone