There are 155 users in the forums

49ers to present the design of the proposed stadium tonight in Santa Clara

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We should be getting some new pictures. The council meeting is scheduled for
7pm PT tonight. Will be interesting to see if they made any changes from their initial renderings.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Jul 14, 2009 at 5:08 AM ]
Hope we get some good pics
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by mayo63:
We should be getting some new pictures. The council meeting is scheduled for
7pm PT tonight. Will be interesting to see if they made any changes from their initial renderings.

Thanks for the heads up...Should be interesting to see if any changes have been made. I for one sort of like the stadium, wish it had a little more flash, but it'll do!
  • 49erTone
  • Info N/A
Thanks for the reminder! It should be streaming live on the Santa Clara website like it usually does ...

Here it goes

http://santaclaraca.gov/city_gov/49er_stadium_proposal.html

It should be interesting, but I think the stadium they have in the renderings are basically it. I think they are going to go more into details about the stadium design and point out things. I dont see too much change in the pictures. But Im just guessing ...

Definitely going to watch this tonight
Has anyone else noticed all the negative articles on the 49ers move/stadium deal with Santa Clara from the SF Chronicle? It seems like they are working for the city by pumping out negative information in order to sway popular opinion. I find it very funny, and interesting at the same time.
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
Has anyone else noticed all the negative articles on the 49ers move/stadium deal with Santa Clara from the SF Chronicle? It seems like they are working for the city by pumping out negative information in order to sway popular opinion. I find it very funny, and interesting at the same time.

Its a last ditch effort by the city to attempt to prove that they're not responsible for the 49ers leaving (when they are).

I was going to say something about that. There has been a huge flux of articles from the Chronicle. It is irritating that these losers are discrediting santa clara because they can't get their act together. Why the hell would the niners want to be in the worst part of SF anyway? While I am a drinker, I do not think the cheese and wine fans want to be in that area.

Let me also say that I do not care if they stay in SF or go to santa clara. The main point is, they NEED a new stadium. Why does the Chronicle have to publish such garbage? purely selfish, i say.....
  • DJD
  • Veteran
The propaganda campaign out there right now is quite transparent and childish. In the end it just gives the team another reason to leave, getting stabbed in the back on the way out.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

I was going to say something about that. There has been a huge flux of articles from the Chronicle. It is irritating that these losers are discrediting santa clara because they can't get their act together. Why the hell would the niners want to be in the worst part of SF anyway? While I am a drinker, I do not think the cheese and wine fans want to be in that area.

Let me also say that I do not care if they stay in SF or go to santa clara. The main point is, they NEED a new stadium. Why does the Chronicle have to publish such garbage? purely selfish, i say.....

I wouldn't be surprised if they're getting paid good money by the city, we all know the media sold out a long time ago.
Bill Walsh field at Google Stadium lol

Originally posted by billybonka:
Bill Walsh field at Google Stadium lol

bill walsh field at Cisco park or stadium.
I'll be watching it tonight out of curiosity. 10:00pm EST/7:00pm PST?
[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM ]
i'm gonna miss it
Originally posted by teeohh:
i'm gonna miss it

i have to go to the stick at least once before it
Originally posted by SJniner7:

I've been following these negative articles as well. They don't seem to have much backbone or facts to support that the stadium is a bad idea. They bring up Oakland, Indy, and Cincinatti to back the article. Why don't they just say that they don't believe the Yorks and the 49ers that they will cover the overruns on construction??
Share 49ersWebzone