LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

2009 49ers acccording to Football Outsiders...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm tired of critics saying the NFC West is weak. Someone from our division always makes the playoffs every year.

Originally posted by Cuphalffull:
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Football Outsiders, a statistics-based football analysis company, recently came out with their rankings and these were their predictions for the 2009 Niners:

2009 Mean Projection: 5.7 wins
On the Clock (0-3 wins): 15%
Loserville (4-6): 51%
Mediocrity (7-8): 22%
Playoff Contender (9-10): 10%
Super Bowl Contender (11+): 2%

In my opinion, these guys are very good at what they do. They "smartly" look at the stats, and take stat analysis further than any other company that I have found. If they are correct, the 2009 Niners will be bad, real bad, and have a 51% chance of winning 4-6 games.

While I think the 2009 Niners will be 10-6, 9-7, or 8-8, I trust Football Outsiders. I don't want to be a homer and disregard the stats so I am more confused than ever. I think Barrows stated it best when he said he is "cautiously optimistic" for the 2009 49ers.

Article

2% Chance of being a Super Bowl Contender? So they are saying there is a chance

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved that movie!!!
I'm tired of critics saying the NFC West is weak. Someone from our division always makes the playoffs every year.

Originally posted by billbird2111:

Yeah, we're a lock to get at LEAST ONE team in the playoffs???????

That was awesome.
  • WillisWillKilYou
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by singfan:
Followers of Singfan will remember that he laid out the striking comparisons between the 2008 Lions and the 2009 49ers about 2 months ago. These comparisons ranged from the type of head coach we selected, to the dismissal of Martz, to the addition of Moran Norris to the previous years record. It was, of course, a highly detailed analysis that was met with much skepticism and anger. It looks as if Singfan hit the nail on the head. Always ahead of the curve, I say.

Too bad you don't have followers.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

post of the day lol
Originally posted by WillisWillKilYou:
Followers of Singfan will remember that he laid out the striking comparisons between the 2008 Lions and the 2009 49ers about 2 months ago. These comparisons ranged from the type of head coach we selected, to the dismissal of Martz, to the addition of Moran Norris to the previous years record. It was, of course, a highly detailed analysis that was met with much skepticism and anger. It looks as if Singfan hit the nail on the head. Always ahead of the curve, I say.

Too bad you don't have followers.

Seconded

Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

post of the day lol

As my friend Marcellus Wallas would like to say, these are the "Hard motherf**king facts of life".

Football Outsiders can take their "statistical analysis" and cram it up their a$$. I read that they also predicted the Niners would win the division in '07.

Yeah, real "experts".

lol.

Follower. Singular.

Your only follower is Sabrason.

-9fA
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
In 2008, Football Outsiders predicted the Falcons to win 3.5 games, and gave them a 1% chance of making the playoffs. The Falcons went 11-6.

In 2008, Football Outsiders predicted the Seahawks to win 10.5 games, and gave them a 40% chance to make the playoffs.
Are you people really sweating about projected numbers? Whether the source is legit or not you have to factor in how random the sport is. Stats change every week and luck is such a factor. To alter your perception based on projected numbers by a magazine is ridiculous
Share 49ersWebzone