There are 250 users in the forums

After careful review, Crabtree will be the next Jerry Rice

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by global_nomad:
and by that you mean he wont catch anything his first year?

• ninermatt
  • Info N/A
Crabtree could be the next Rice if he's in the right system. Walsh knew what skills he wanted in a West Coast Offense wide receiver. Crabtree could be another Rice if we had another Walsh.
Do you mean he will be the next "Dancing with the Stars" Football player?

• 49ers2009
  • Info N/A
If 49ers don't sign Crabtree.... I'm not a fan anymore. I've been a fan for 25 years. They are so cheap. Everyone says look at the economy. Whatever, he probably already sold 200,000+ jerseys. DHB will not do this. He is by far better than DHB. He should get #7 money, with incentives up to #5. Crank that Crabtree. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJZsjImymc

Everyone should be on Crabtree's side. We need him now. We are not loaded at WR. Everyone including me couldn't believe he fell to us. Now we can't pay him. He was a top 3 lock if he wasn't hurt. He only played 3 years of wrs. Was the top wr in college football as a Freshman and Sophmore. He even played QB in highschool. Still very raw. Sign this guy. He is a stud. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwyEdC7a4y0 49ers won't pay 3 first round picks. We can't trade him. 49ERS ARE SO CHEAP!!!!! Other teams will pay him that money. They wouldn't offer the trades if not.
Originally posted by 49ers2009:
If 49ers don't sign Crabtree.... I'm not a fan anymore. I've been a fan for 25 years. They are so cheap. Everyone says look at the economy. Whatever, he probably already sold 200,000+ jerseys. DHB will not do this. He is by far better than DHB. He should get #7 money, with incentives up to #5. Crank that Crabtree. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJZsjImymc

Everyone should be on Crabtree's side. We need him now. We are not loaded at WR. Everyone including me couldn't believe he fell to us. Now we can't pay him. He was a top 3 lock if he wasn't hurt. He only played 3 years of wrs. Was the top wr in college football as a Freshman and Sophmore. He even played QB in highschool. Still very raw. Sign this guy. He is a stud. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwyEdC7a4y0 49ers won't pay 3 first round picks. We can't trade him. 49ERS ARE SO CHEAP!!!!! Other teams will pay him that money. They wouldn't offer the trades if not.

If the 49ers not signing Crabtree makes you no longer a fan, then you never were a true fan anyways.

Would you have said the same thing about Drunkenmiller and JJ Stokes when they held out? I bet you would of.

Crabtree is another greedy rookie diva WR, who has no support from me until he is OFFICIALLY a part of the 49ers.

I think Morgan will be a better WR than him anyways.
  • 49ers2009
  • Info N/A
Look at our management. They have done nothing the last 10 years. It looks like they are trying to do something right. But, we will see. Personally I would've traded one of our 1st round pick, for Brady Quinn.
Look at our management. They have done nothing the last 10 years. It looks like they are trying to do something right. But, we will see. Personally I would've traded one of our 1st round pick, for Brady Quinn.

Getting out of Salary Cap hell wasnt enough?

Drafting some very good players in Gore, Willis, Staley.

Brady Quinn?

Would rather use the first on McCoy or Snead than Quinn..... who has to cheat to beat out Anderson for the qb job..
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Getting out of Salary Cap hell wasnt enough?

Drafting some very good players in Gore, Willis, Staley.

Brady Quinn?

Would rather use the first on McCoy or Snead than Quinn..... who has to cheat to beat out Anderson for the qb job..

• BobS
  • Veteran

Been a fan for 25 years? Ever heard of the salary cap? I think it was instituted
in 1995 or so. Over paying for a player can have severe long lasting impact on a team, especially one who does not perform up to the salary he makes against the cap. Maybe you didn't notice but highly drafted can't miss receivers have a pretty high failure rate. Throw in coming off an injury, plus suspect speed, and that equals
not the type of player a financially wise franchise would over pay for. Caving in to his demands of wanting to be paid higher than his slotting sets a bad example.
The 49ers have the power here, not Crabtree, a player coming off an injury that missed the combine would not be wise to sit out a year, the 49ers have his rights
until he is traded or drafted again, he cannot work out for anyone. 49ers have the power here they just have to wait him out.
Originally posted by BobS:

Been a fan for 25 years? Ever heard of the salary cap? I think it was instituted
in 1995 or so. Over paying for a player can have severe long lasting impact on a team, especially one who does not perform up to the salary he makes against the cap. Maybe you didn't notice but highly drafted can't miss receivers have a pretty high failure rate. Throw in coming off an injury, plus suspect speed, and that equals
not the type of player a financially wise franchise would over pay for. Caving in to his demands of wanting to be paid higher than his slotting sets a bad example.
The 49ers have the power here, not Crabtree, a player coming off an injury that missed the combine would not be wise to sit out a year, the 49ers have his rights
until he is traded or drafted again, he cannot work out for anyone. 49ers have the power here they just have to wait him out.

Oh look at me I became a 49er fan when they won there second Super Bowl against Miami oh I have suffered so much as a 49er fan enduring having to watch the Niners win 4 SB’s and avg. 10 wins a season oh it is so tough. Good riddance if you call yourself a Niner fan. By the way the salary cap was put in place in 1987.

Crabtree is a rookie who has not proven anything. Rules of the game are the 10th pick get 10th money plus 18-20% over last year (wish I could get that). Let see a rookie who has never played a down in the NFL, with a broken foot, no 40 time, we are using film and comparisons of teams like Rice, Baylor, UNT to see if he is NFL worthy yet we he is guaranteed $18-20 million plus another $13-18 million, so where do I sign up?

Crabtree is Crabtree he is NOT the next Jerry Rice, TO, John Taylor, Gene Washington, Dwight Clark, Freddie Solomon, RC Owens, Billy Wilson he is Crabtree and will have to prove himself worthy of even being mentioned with the WR just mentioned. For all we know we have the next Rashaun Woods, JJ Stokes, James Owens or countless other 1st and 2nd round WR that were total bust but still got Millions of dollars because they were a 1st round pick.

At this point he is going to get a sizable contract and be completely useless his first season. How I wish I could get 18-20 million plus first year salary knowing that all I am going to be is one big f**king boat anchor and not be able to do a thing to justify what I make. In year 2 which will really be my rookie year I will still be usesless Year 3 I will finally do something and demand to renegotiate my contract, yea can’t wait to have Crabtree on the team

• ShajsWallet
  • Info N/A

could you stop being one now and leave the webzone?

thanks bro
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ShajsWallet:

could you stop being one now and leave the webzone?

thanks bro

Yah, I'm with the avocado wallet on this one. You are posting this crap in multiple threads...

Mustard
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Do you mean he will be the next "Dancing with the Stars" Football player?

Originally posted by dunkwindex:
After reviewing all of Crabtree's college footage, we got the steal of a lifetime. He wiil DOMINATE the NFL in a very short time. Get your popcorn ready for real this time.

http://gsn.gridironsource.com/_2008-TEXAS-TECH-RED-RAIDER-PASSING-GAME-PT-1/video/697826/32256.html

Just what in the hell are they (and you by saying it) smoking?

He might not even make the cut the longer this does not get done.

~Ceadder

What EXACTLY are you on? I really would like to know so that way when the men in the clean white coats have to medicate you they won't accidentally kill you before they take you away.

Done nothing the last 10 years? How bout they spent an @$$LOAD of dough bringing in a LOT of FA players, how bout they DRAFTED our DRoY Bam Bam, how bout they got a hell of a STEAL with Gore, how bout they pretty much REBUILT this team. Was everything perfect? Hell no.

But dude you are seriously off your nut or over-exaggerating this just a bit.

So what is it and how much did you take?

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone