LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

For our non-divisional season games, what do you think our record will be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

For our non-divisional season games, what do you think our record will be?

For Everyone that said these non-divisional games were not that important and wouldn't play a roll in our playoff berth...

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

710 ESPN Seattle has posted audio from my Wednesday conversation about the NFC West with Brock Huard and Mike Salk. My segment begins about 40 minutes into this hourlong block.

How will this division be defined this season?

My answer: "It won't be as bad as last year. I think it'll be defined, though, by how well they do outside the division. That has been the rap on, was the rap on Arizona last year. They were 9-7, but it was 6-0 in the division. This division is going to be better. The Rams are not going to be a laughingstock. The Seahawks are going to be better than a 4-12 team. There are going to be more competitive games. ... Early in the year, you have Arizona at home against Indy. There are a few games like that, I think, that if the NFC West teams win, you can start to make a better claim that you are a more legitimate division."
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Wow.

I think we're a .500 team (finishing somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7). Its pretty reasonable to predict our division record somewhere around 4-2, which leaves a non-divisional record of somewhere between 3-7 and 5-5.

But apparently asking for losing record options on this pole disqualifies me as a fan...

That's NT "logic" for ya.

Let's not be drama queens about this. I don't see anyone seriously suggesting that you are not a fan if you predict a losing record.

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The people in this thread are like emo 9er fans. "nooo we... must lose! *slits wrists* all better" holy hell no wonder people call us the 40 whiner fans.

No, they call the team the "Whiners" because its just a very weak play on words. No other reason. Every team has people who call themselves fans and have no faith in their team, it's not just this forum.

Originally posted by Bleed49ersRED:
I LOVE THE FLIPPIN CONFIDENCE THAT EVERYONE HAS IN OUR TEAM. I COULD PROBABLY GO LOOK AT EVERYONE'S POST THAT THINKS WE WILL GO LESS THAN .500 ON OUTSIDE DIVISION GAMES, AND THEY ARE ALL PREDICTING BIG RESULTS THAT WOULD PERMIT MORE THAN .500 IN OUTSIDE DIVISION GAMES. !!! YOU WILL PROBABLY BE CALLING IT REALISTIC PREDICTIONS, BUT HAVE SOME DAMN FAITH IN YOUR FLIPPIN TEAM!!! IF YOU ARE SUCH THE FLIPPIN EXPERT AT EVERYTHING, YOU WOULDN'T BE ON A DAMN FORUM EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. SO SUPPORT THE GREAT MOVEMENT WE HAVE DONE, AND HAVE SOME FAITH. WE SAY 49ER FAITHFUL FOR A REASON. I WROTE EACH AND EVERY NAME DOWN THAT WAS BASHING THIS POST AND PREDICTING WORSE THAN .500 AND I WILL BE SURE TO COME AT YOU AT THE CONCLUSION OF 5+ VICTORIES AND SMASHING IT IN YOUR FACE AND SHOWING YOU HOW MUCH OF AN UNLOYAL FAN THAT YOU ARE WITH ZERO FAITH. JUST WAIT, AND YOU WILL BE FEELING STUPID. !!! ENJOY!

You were saying?
[ Edited by Overkill on Jul 17, 2009 at 8:58 AM ]
Wow.

I think we're a .500 team (finishing somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7). Its pretty reasonable to predict our division record somewhere around 4-2, which leaves a non-divisional record of somewhere between 3-7 and 5-5.

But apparently asking for losing record options on this pole disqualifies me as a fan...

Let's not be drama queens about this. I don't see anyone seriously suggesting that you are not a fan if you predict a losing record.

The people in this thread are like emo 9er fans. "nooo we... must lose! *slits wrists* all better" holy hell no wonder people call us the 40 whiner fans.

No, they call the team the "Whiners" because its just a very weak play on words. No other reason. Every team has people who call themselves fans and have no faith in their team, it's not just this forum.

You were saying?

Yes, I was saying I don't see anyone posting that you're not a fan if you predict a losing record. And, call me a stickler for language, but I still don't see that. The quote you give comes close, but to me, it's still more in the area of "bad fans" as opposed to not a fan. If you can show me someone who says you're not a fan if you predict a losing record, you win.
Wow.

You were saying?

Yes, I was saying I don't see anyone posting that you're not a fan if you predict a losing record. And, call me a stickler for language, but I still don't see that. The quote you give comes close, but to me, it's still more in the area of "bad fans" as opposed to not a fan. If you can show me someone who says you're not a fan if you predict a losing record, you win.

So now you are trying to argue semantics. Its pretty weak to sit here and act like there is a difference between saying someone is a disloyal fan with no faith in their team and simply saying someone isn't a fan.

Easy there. I'm just saying words mean things. Accusing someone of being a bad fan is NOT accusing someone of not being a fan. Look, it's not a big deal for me. I've been around people I consider bad fans forever. People used to throw beer cans at the Niners at Kezar. That's why they had to put chain mail fencing over the area used to get on and off the field. To me, someone who throws things at their own team is a bad fan, not a non-fan. They'll tell you they're fans and what can you do except take their word for it.
Easy there. I'm just saying words mean things. Accusing someone of being a bad fan is NOT accusing someone of not being a fan. Look, it's not a big deal for me. I've been around people I consider bad fans forever. People used to throw beer cans at the Niners at Kezar. That's why they had to put chain mail fencing over the area used to get on and off the field. To me, someone who throws things at their own team is a bad fan, not a non-fan. They'll tell you they're fans and what can you do except take their word for it.

Weak.

I'm a bad fan because I called for a record around .500 with a losing non-divisional record and I'm a drama queen because I pointed out the flawed logic in that.

You're right - words do mean things. You may want to try looking a few up...
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by Bleed49ersRED:
I LOVE THE FLIPPIN CONFIDENCE THAT EVERYONE HAS IN OUR TEAM. I COULD PROBABLY GO LOOK AT EVERYONE'S POST THAT THINKS WE WILL GO LESS THAN .500 ON OUTSIDE DIVISION GAMES, AND THEY ARE ALL PREDICTING BIG RESULTS THAT WOULD PERMIT MORE THAN .500 IN OUTSIDE DIVISION GAMES. !!! YOU WILL PROBABLY BE CALLING IT REALISTIC PREDICTIONS, BUT HAVE SOME DAMN FAITH IN YOUR FLIPPIN TEAM!!! IF YOU ARE SUCH THE FLIPPIN EXPERT AT EVERYTHING, YOU WOULDN'T BE ON A DAMN FORUM EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. SO SUPPORT THE GREAT MOVEMENT WE HAVE DONE, AND HAVE SOME FAITH. WE SAY 49ER FAITHFUL FOR A REASON. I WROTE EACH AND EVERY NAME DOWN THAT WAS BASHING THIS POST AND PREDICTING WORSE THAN .500 AND I WILL BE SURE TO COME AT YOU AT THE CONCLUSION OF 5+ VICTORIES AND SMASHING IT IN YOUR FACE AND SHOWING YOU HOW MUCH OF AN UNLOYAL FAN THAT YOU ARE WITH ZERO FAITH. JUST WAIT, AND YOU WILL BE FEELING STUPID. !!! ENJOY!

You're an embarrassment.

that had me crackin up

Weak.

I'm a bad fan because I called for a record around .500 with a losing non-divisional record and I'm a drama queen because I pointed out the flawed logic in that.

You're the one with the burr up your butt. Please check back - I've never referred to anyone as being a bad fan because they predict a losing record. I've called it a safe bet based on the last four or five years worth of wins and losses. You really are engaging in "overkill" here. I just said I thought fans who throw things at the players are bad fans. I'm pretty sure you agree with me on that. Please don't equate my annoying optimism and hopefulness with an opinion on who's a fan and who isn't. And, keep in mind that opinions are usually more subjective than objective - I prefer to hang and watch a game with positive, hopeful, optimistic fans, but that doesn't even mean other kinds of fans don't get invited to my parties. It's just real great entertainment. Bottom line: I'm not one of those guys who says you're not a fan!

Weak.

You're the one with the burr up your butt. Please check back - I've never referred to anyone as being a bad fan because they predict a losing record. I've called it a safe bet based on the last four or five years worth of wins and losses. You really are engaging in "overkill" here. I just said I thought fans who throw things at the players are bad fans. I'm pretty sure you agree with me on that. Please don't equate my annoying optimism and hopefulness with an opinion on who's a fan and who isn't. And, keep in mind that opinions are usually more subjective than objective - I prefer to hang and watch a game with positive, hopeful, optimistic fans, but that doesn't even mean other kinds of fans don't get invited to my parties. It's just real great entertainment. Bottom line: I'm not one of those guys who says you're not a fan!

Dude... what happened to "words mean things"? At no point did I say you personally called me a bad fan - I simply said that statement had been made in this thread.

I'm not here to p*ss on your parade. I'm not one of those guys that equates optimism with foolishness. I'm also not labelling you for your opinions, but I'm not going to sit quietly when someone (NOT YOU PERSONALLY) calls me "unloyal" (sic) over something as dumb as thinking it within the realm of possibility that we could have a losing non-divisional record.
Overkill, are you having a bad day? Let me remind you that it's Friday. I'll be happy to overlook you calling me "weak" since you're evidently not going to "p*ss on my parade."

Overkill, are you having a bad day? Let me remind you that it's Friday. I'll be happy to overlook you calling me "weak" since you're evidently not going to "p*ss on my parade."

Weak was in reference to your logic in calling me a drama queen. At no point did I bring up your optimism or even know where all that stuff came from.

"Words mean things".

Take it PM if you still have an issue, no need to continue the thread jack.

Weak was in reference to your logic in calling me a drama queen. At no point did I bring up your optimism or even know where all that stuff came from.

"Words mean things".

Take it PM if you still have an issue, no need to continue the thread jack.

I give up. Have a nice day.
Share 49ersWebzone